Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider healthcare as a right for every citizen a far left position?
Yes, this is far left and extremism 114 42.07%
No, healthcare should be a right, not a privilege 157 57.93%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 08:38 AM

88,994 posts, read 44,793,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I am not being an 'arse' as you eloquently put it, I am telling you my actual 'REAL' experience with the NHS, and you haven't actually answered any of my questions!
Your personal anecdote does not negate the oversight board's (BOSU, in this case) data. UK National Health care has unmet needs with the result of hundreds going blind each year instead of receiving timely appropriate treatment that would have saved their eyesight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 08:39 AM

42,840 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
With regard to schools, Absolutely, positively not! My thirteen-year-old nephew-by-proxy has been homeschooling himself for several years, and gets more of the essentials (as opposed to the NEA's propaganda) in less time.
Children are not capable of "homeschooling themselves" any more than they are capable of driving cars or flying airplanes by themself. Someone needs to notify children's protective services about this kids parents assuming this story is true.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:39 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnM258 View Post
It's taking it voluntarily because if a person objects to the laws laying down how the tax system works then they can renounce citizenship and move somewhere else.
Have you renounced your allegiance to ʻAhoʻeitu Tupou VI, king of Tonga?

Old 04-08-2019, 08:41 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Your personal anecdote does not negate the oversight board's (BOSU, in this case) data. UK National Health care has unmet needs with the result of hundreds going blind each year instead of receiving timely appropriate treatment that would have saved their eyesight.
Instead of desperately trying to change the subject will you just answer my bloody questions! See post 282 and answer the question, then tell me why you should have to pay for the police when its the bloody gangs that seem to get the most use out of them! lol.

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Really? I didn't know you could finance emergency heart surgery! How would that work?

I swear some of you opposed to UHC come up with the most bat chit ideas & excuses !
How would you do it?

11,411 posts, read 7,800,858 times
Quote:
I am not being an 'arse' as you eloquently put it, I am telling you my actual 'REAL' experience with the NHS, and you haven't actually answered any of my questions!
You’re giving anecdotal evidence and conflating it by insisting your experiences are those of all. Clearly not based on the article the other poster linked. I’m glad you and your wife are well served by the NHS. I suspect those who have gone blind waiting for services feel otherwise.

13,947 posts, read 5,619,580 times
Quote:
Do you suggest that people should pay for all of their own police force / fire brigade / schools / public services? Abstain perhaps if you don't want protection from the police or fire brigade?
I don't "suggest" anything. I said every single thing the government does as a "public service" is based upon a system of taking that puts a forced claim on some portion of every taxpayer's labor.

That is not a suggestion, innuendo or hint. I am stating it outright.

WHATEVER the public service is (seriously, every single specific item you come up with will fall under the "WHATEVER" category), it exists as part of a forced labor/redistribution scheme, with taxpayers as forced laborers. How useful or important you feel that service may be is completely irrelevant to the fact that all public services are forcible, violent claims on the labor of others. Period, the end.

Give me credit where due for unequivocally stating things, not suggesting.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:43 AM

42,840 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Certainly food, shelter & clothing come before healthcare as a necessity of life, and therefore , a "right." Why aren't The Nannycrats advocating for free food, housing & clothing for all?...Certainly because that position would expose them too obviously as "communists" or more correctly, as politicians trying to buy votes with taxpayer money.

Anyone thinking a single payer system would lead to lower healthcare costs needs to be disabused of that false notion: simple Law of Supply & Demand-- Fewer people excluding themselves due to high costs are now included with universal coverage-->demand up--> cost up. The only way costs would come down is by instituting rationing. (Eg- no coverage for more expensive, but more effective anticoagulants: coverage for aspirin only, or denial of coverage for CABG because long term survival is not clearly superior to medical management, etc)
uh huh...funny how none of that ^ has happened in countries with single payer isn't it?

Old 04-08-2019, 08:44 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I don't "suggest" anything. I said every single thing the government does as a "public service" is based upon a system of taking that puts a forced claim on some portion of every taxpayer's labor.

That is not a suggestion, innuendo or hint. I am stating it outright.

WHATEVER the public service is (seriously, every single specific item you come up with will fall under the "WHATEVER" category), it exists as part of a forced labor/redistribution scheme, with taxpayers as forced laborers. How useful or important you feel that service may be is completely irrelevant to the fact that all public services are forcible, violent claims on the labor of others. Period, the end.

Give me credit where due for unequivocally stating things, not suggesting.
Are you actually making a valid point? We all know what a public service is, I am just wondering why so many Americans are so blind when it comes to healthcare? Its almost like the medical profession want it that way so they can make plenty of profit from the people 'brainwashed' into thinking that public health is some kind of Communist...............................hey wait a minute!

Old 04-08-2019, 08:47 AM

88,994 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnM258 View Post
It's taking it voluntarily because if a person objects to the laws laying down how the tax system works then they can renounce citizenship and move somewhere else.
One cannot merely renounce one's US citizenship. One must apply to the US Federal Government to do so. If the Fed Gov suspects one is renouncing to avoid paying taxes, the application to renounce will be denied, and the IRS will continue to tax them regardless of where they live worldwide even on foreign-earned income. (US and Eritrea are the only 2 countries in the world that do so.)

Just ask London's former Mayor Johnson. His parents were foreign students in the US on a student visa at the time he was born, and they all returned to the UK when the parents' studies were finished. Johnson hasn't lived in the US since he was five years old. Fast forward several decades... He then sells his London home (in the UK), and the US IRS charged him US capital gains tax on the sale of his home in a foreign country as they considered him to be a US citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies