Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2019, 01:59 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman80 View Post
If Republicans can peel off 5-10 percent more of the black population the Democrat party is finished.

They don't need 50 percent
They've already abandoned the male white vote, which destoryed them during their last general election.

Democrats are in big trouble. Blacks have already shown they will no longer wait for white millionaire liberals like Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden to promise them slavery reparations, it's far faster to get a college degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 02:42 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVIoC5ROaHk

Some of the same people in this, must not be a huge amount but, I will say this debate was very civil and shed some good light on the subject. You have to learn to be able to disagree and rise above emotions when talking politics.
That video was very interesting. Thanks for posting it .

Old 04-10-2019, 03:03 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Laugh and mock now.

Go insane in the brain the day after Election Day.

You all got practice two + years ago.

Rinse - Repeat.
Remember that blue wave this past November? It`s still rolling. What happened 2+ years ago is becoming less relevant by the day.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/upper...ecial-election

Old 04-10-2019, 03:25 AM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times
I'm pretty open about politics, I have lots of conservative friends and the like, and outside of maybe an African here or there who couldn't even vote (not legal residents/ were just visiting America), but supported Donald Trump due to them perceiving him as anti-gay rights and supportive of the church (their words not mine), i have yet to meet a Black person that supported Trump. I don't even remember meeting a black person that supported Romney and not once did I here any Anti-Romney talk to the extent I hear Anti-trump talk from black people in general.

The black conservatives I have heard of generally fall into a few categories

Africans as someone mentioned earlier- while Blacks maybe 5-90 Trump vs. Democrat Africans are like 10-85 Trump to democrats and Nigerians/Ghanaian seem to be 20-85 Trump to Democrats. Mostly due to religion/Southern Nigeria mentality.

Lived in a town for an extensive period of time where the population was less than 5% Black, these people either try to act super connected to the AA community or completely different from the AA company (of course this is a broad generalization).

This is slightly connected to the top one, but was raised by white conservative parents. Most black conservatives I've met fall into these groups. Almost all of these groups are more likely to live in whiter areas than the other groups,so I think it's mostly environment of having conservative friends throughout High School which will of course influence their opinions, just like me living in a centrist region of the country where it was the only slightly conservative voting area surrounded by mostly blue Fort Bend and Harris county regions. Hence IMO conservatives have many vies that I don't find abhorrent to the same extent as many of my liberal friends do.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:36 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Remember that blue wave this past November? It`s still rolling. What happened 2+ years ago is becoming less relevant by the day.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/upper...ecial-election
Just as the walk away group is growing. Until the election - it's only anyone guess but Democrats seem to think they always have everything in the bag until you don't. Hope for the best but don't delude yourself into thinking it's a shoe in again - I think you'll be wrong.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:42 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Good video, shows again why Blacks continue to leave the Democratic party. When your neighbhrohood still looks like a war zone after "hope and change", you can't really blame them.

Despite liberal idealogy, blacks are very much capable of social mobility and success without waiting to be legislated out of poverty by white liberals or the false promise of slavery reparations and endless handouts that you have to be poor to qualify for.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:58 AM

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Oh look -- the OP provided some YouTube videos to back up their claim.

Why do you think the democrats are literally dropping the African Americans in favor of women, Hispanics and the LGBT community when it comes to identity politics? The Black people of the USA are starting to wake up, and thanks with better schooling, are also becoming more educated to what the democrat party is all about. They are also the race that is the fastest to becoming wealthy than any other race at the moment, so it's just a matter of time before they won't need the democrats forced charity anymore, and with so many black business owners who are seeing their tax bills raise under democrat leadership, they are quickly putting the two together. Like I said, the democrats already seen the writing on the wall, and it's why they are shifting to women, immigrants and the LGBT voting bracket. Heck, look at the black people being elected into positions, they are also either women or LGBT like the new mayor in Chicago.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:10 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
The difference between Democrats and Republicans with regard to the black vote is Democrats want it all and Republicans want just enough to weaken the Democratic hold but not enough to offend their base.
blacks will continue to vote for a party were they are wanted.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:16 AM

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
You do know that the parties have since realigned and a lot of the Southern Dixiecrat sentiment switched over to the Republicans when the latter party implemented the Southern Strategy and elements of it to win disaffected Southern whites who disliked the national Democratic party's support for civil rights laws, right?

Puh-leez just stop with this tired comment without the entire context.
This is a lie. If this was the case, then all of the unarmed black people getting shot by cops would been happening in republican dominated area with republican elected sheriffs, mayors and so forth, but obviously this didn't happen. The Rodney King beating happened in a democrat run city, with a black democrat mayor at the helm, who stood by the police during that time. You so sure the parties switched now?

Old 04-10-2019, 05:35 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
This is a lie. If this was the case, then all of the unarmed black people getting shot by cops would been happening in republican dominated area with republican elected sheriffs, mayors and so forth, but obviously this didn't happen. The Rodney King beating happened in a democrat run city, with a black democrat mayor at the helm, who stood by the police during that time. You so sure the parties switched now?
Black people get killed and beaten by cops all over the country no matter the political party. Both political parties have inferiority views of black Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies