Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2019, 01:04 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,511,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You've checked the requirements for all 50 states?
Have you? Your statement was very general. I know in our case the requirement/no requirement never came up. Even when my child was enrolled in an official online homeschooling program. I was never asked and I didn't even question that I wasn't asked. Never crossed my mind.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,964,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Have you? Your statement was very general. I know in our case the requirement/no requirement never came up. Even when my child was enrolled in an official online homeschooling program. I was never asked and I didn't even question that I wasn't asked. Never crossed my mind.
I have checked. You apparently have not but are pretending you are informed about this subject.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:26 AM

Quote:
I have checked. You apparently have not but are pretending you are informed about this subject.
I don't know what to say. My kid was enrolled in an online high school. I was not required to send any vaccination records. I would have happily sent them as she was fully vaccinated, she had no exemptions that I would have to explain to a school. I AM informed about this subject in OUR case. No shot record required. Period. Nobody ever asked for any. When she was in local public schools, obviously, that was a different story. Had to get those records in during the first week of school.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:30 AM

37,130 posts, read 41,330,362 times
Default Homeschool immunization requirements

As of 2015:

https://www.responsiblehomeschooling...-requirements/

Old 04-18-2019, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Reminder to those who remain very confused about who sets the requirements for schooling-related immunizations: It's state by state.

Every state has different requirements for public, private, charter, magnet, online, umbrella, homebound and homeschool students.

If one is truly interested in finding out immunization requirements and posting accurate information?

Go state by state and check out the requirements for each schooling scenario.

PS. Also: get the most recent info. Not from 2015.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:44 AM

37,130 posts, read 41,330,362 times
Quote:
Reminder to those who remain very confused about who sets the requirements for schooling-related immunizations: It's state by state.

Every state has different requirements for public, private, charter, magnet, online, umbrella, homebound and homeschool students.

If one is truly interested in finding out immunization requirements and posting accurate information?

Go state by state and check out the requirements for each schooling scenario.

PS. Also: get the most recent info. Not from 2015.
The point is that states do have different requirements. Glad to see you recognize that.

Anyone who does not want more stringent vaccine requirements should be lobbying the communities with measles outbreaks to keep unvaccinated people at home voluntarily and stop intentionally exposing unvaccinated people to the virus.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:46 AM

Quote:
"In most states, immunization laws are written to apply to public, private, and sometimes parochial schools specifically. Because homeschools are not defined as “schools” in these states, they are often exempt. In some states, homeschools are defined as private schools and are thus subject to vaccine requirements, while in other states all children are required to be vaccinated regardless of whether they attend school, which homeschooled students. Yet even states that technically require homeschooled students to be vaccinated generally do not require homeschooling parents to submit any documentation of compliance. As a result, even states that do require homeschooled children to be vaccinated rarely enforce this requirement."

And this might be where the confusion comes in. Even when my kid was in an official online high school I was never asked for her immunization records. Never asked for any documentation. I have no dog in this particular hunt, she was and is up to date on vaccines. There's no reason for a certain poster to question my experience with homeschooling. I was NEVER ASKED for these records.

Last edited by TXNGL; 04-18-2019 at 01:47 AM.. Reason: quotes from page

Old 04-18-2019, 01:50 AM

Quote:
The point is that states do have different requirements. Glad to see you recognize that.

Anyone who does not want more stringent vaccine requirements should be lobbying the communities with measles outbreaks to keep unvaccinated people at home voluntarily and stop intentionally exposing unvaccinated people to the virus.
Or if you are terrified of an outbreak or of getting the measles you can voluntarily stay home no matter what your vaccine status. That way you can protect yourself as you see appropriate. No "forced mandatory vaccination" requirements needed and you can stop intentionally supporting forced vaccination./shrug/

Old 04-18-2019, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
"In most states, immunization laws are written to apply to public, private, and sometimes parochial schools specifically. Because homeschools are not defined as “schools” in these states, they are often exempt. In some states, homeschools are defined as private schools and are thus subject to vaccine requirements, while in other states all children are required to be vaccinated regardless of whether they attend school, which homeschooled students. Yet even states that technically require homeschooled students to be vaccinated generally do not require homeschooling parents to submit any documentation of compliance. As a result, even states that do require homeschooled children to be vaccinated rarely enforce this requirement."

And this might be where the confusion comes in. Even when my kid was in an official online high school I was never asked for her immunization records. Never asked for any documentation. I have no dog in this particular hunt, she was and is up to date on vaccines. There's no reason for a certain poster to question my experience with homeschooling. I was NEVER ASKED for these records.
I was not questioning YOUR experience. You were promoting it as though it was the same for all 50 states. It's not. All states are different.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:09 AM

Quote:
I was not questioning YOUR experience. You were promoting it as though it was the same for all 50 states. It's not. All states are different.
"Immunizations are required to attend public school INCLUDING online programs."

That was you, no? That's what I was responding to. Your statement was generalized. And perhaps my response was as well. I can own up to that. Our experience with online schooling was different. Immunizations were not required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies