Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2019, 09:54 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Would you have no issue if requirements to vaccinate were removed from public school entry?
I’d have a HUGE issue if any legislation was proposed to forcibly hold down anyone and vaccinated them. I’d be picketing against that along side most parents who won’t stand for such a thing whether they choose to vaccinate or not. Everyone parent should have the right to make the choice they feel is in the best interest of their child’s health.

I would have an issue with vaccine requirements being removed for public school. Your right to refuse vaccines doesn’t give you the right endanger other people’s children. Some kids cannot get vaccinated due to medically indicated reasons. Endangering those vulnerable kids isn’t your right. If you have a waiver, then ok. If not, I support schools to deny your child entrance.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:56 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I’d have a HUGE issue if any legislation was proposed to forcibly hold down anyone and vaccinated them. I’d be picketing against that along side most parents who won’t stand for such a thing whether they choose to vaccinate or not. Everyone parent should have the right to make the choice they feel is in the best interest of their child’s health.

I would have an issue with vaccine requirements being removed for public school. Your right to refuse vaccines doesn’t give you the right endanger other people’s children. Some kids cannot get vaccinated due to medically indicated reasons. Endangering those vulnerable kids isn’t your right. If you have a waiver, then ok. If not, I support schools to deny your child entrance.
The vaccine requirements will never be removed from schools. The exemptions and the ability to opt out, even for a lot of medical reasons will be removed. That’s what’s at stake.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:56 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:

Then you are not for choice. Choice is ... choice. Everyone's individual decision is respected and accepted.

You are provaccine, not choice.

Thanks for your honesty. It's appreciated.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:58 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Do you believe that others should have a choice? Or do you think you should dictate what choices other people have?
Do you believe a person should have the choice to smoke on an airplane?

Choice is something one has when their choice does not have an impact on the well-being of others. It has been stated ad nauseam on this forum that those who are infectious carrying diseases that we have vaccinations for, can endanger the health of infants, immuno-suppressed, or those fighting cancer.

Why do you anti-vax people keep going in circles? Give it up already. You are all a health risk to our society and, as such, will be subject to certain ordinances or quarantine mandates.

Your choice is: get vaccinated or quarantine yourself or children according to mandates. Got it?

Old 04-17-2019, 09:59 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I think your confusion comes from a lack of understanding of the theory of herd immunity.

People are upset because their kids are at risk of being excluded from schools and society, marginalized, mocked and ridiculed for having legitimate concerns.

There is not another medical product that is quite as untouchable as vaccines. You’re not allowed to even question anything about them without getting attacked, mocked, ridiculed, etc. There’s a lot of misunderstanding. There’s also a lot of propaganda and underhanded tactics involved in the promotion of vaccines and anyone who’s been closely looking at the issue over a long period of time with a critical eye can clearly see this.
You have a degree in medicine or science?

Old 04-17-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do you believe a person should have the choice to smoke on an airplane
If an airline wants to have a smoking flight, they can. It's their business.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
That’s compelled decision making. It’s not free choice. You also might want to look up the definition of the word autonomy.
EVERY law is based on compelled decision making. Are you against all laws? Should we do away with drunk driving laws since they compel people not to drink and drive? After all, those laws takes away someone’s right to choose for themselves.

Unless you’re against all laws, then you’re just cherry picking the school vaccine laws because they may (or do) effect you directly. There’s no difference in those laws and a million others. You still have choice, but that choice may lead to consequences you don’t like.

That’s how it works in a society where laws are in place to attempt to insulate us from the choices of others.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 04-17-2019 at 11:13 AM..

Old 04-17-2019, 10:05 AM

37,118 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Doctors are not required to report anything.

And since side effects listed on packaging aren't really side effects, the doctors wouldn't know what to look for even if they were required to report.

Doctors get almost no vaccine training in med school.

"closely monitored"? Um, no.
Anyone can report to VAERS. The parent or patient can do it.The information on how to do it is given out every time someone gets a vaccine. It's the law.

Doctors are well aware of side effects. Most are very mild, like soreness at the injection site and get better with only symptomatic treatment.

You really, really, really need to give up on he PI. It does not say what you claim it does.

Have you been to medical school? I assure you the doctors who administer them know how to use them. They would also know if vaccines were killing their patients. They are not.

Yes, vaccines are under continuous surveillance through VAERS and the VSD.

Quote:
Good, them you understand that it is just a theory that was originally applied to populations with natural immunity and was thought to provide protection when a certain percentage of the population (around 60%) had natural immunity to circulating illness. This theory, which is still just a theory was then applied to vaccine induce immunity. It’s still a theory.

People are mocked anytime they say anything negative about vaccines. That’s the mocking I was referring to. And of course parents will be upset about their children being excluded form public schools due to legitimate concerns.

That IS what is happening whether you can see it or not.

You have a family history of febrile seizures which puts your future grandchildren at risk as well. These are not totally benign and some vaccines up the risk. Hopefully you wont find your self on the other side one day, a grandparent of a vaccine injured child, wondering why you were so quick to give up their ability to attend public school.
Herd immunity applies to vaccine induced immunity just as much as it does to immunity due to disease. It is not "just a theory" in the way you are trying to trivialize it. The vaccine coverage needed to establish herd immunity varies with the infection. For measles it is about 95%.

https://www.ovg.ox.ac.uk/news/herd-i...w-does-it-work

Frankly, the anti-vax gurus do deserve to be mocked for all the dangerous misinformation and pseudoscience they spew. Wakefield is a good example. That man has deaths on his hands and refuses to admit it.

Any of us are much more likely to have a child or grandchild injured by a vaccine preventable disease if the anti-vaxers have their way. Shall we discuss the obscene things anti-vaxers have said to parents who lost children to VPDs?

Quote:
Skepticalraptor is a part of the propaganda machine. Hannah Poling was awarded compensation due to her autism being triggered by vaccination. She was a genetically susceptible individual. People like Cochristie’s son likely was too.

If you would actually listen to people who have children injured by vaccines, you might be more aware of the obstacles they face in terms of even getting anyone to listen to them much less being able to figure out how to navigate the system or report through their pediatricians or doctors. You think all of those parents are mistaken.
No, Hannah Poling was not awarded compensation for autism. I quoted the judge's ruling. here it is again:

""Respondent has conceded that petitioners are entitled to compensation due to the significant aggravation of Child Doc/77’s (Hannah Poling) pre-existing mitochondrial disorder based on an MMR vaccine Table presumptive injury of encephalopathy."

Do you see the word autism anywhere in that sentence?

Old 04-17-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Then you are not for choice. Choice is ... choice. Everyone's individual decision is respected and accepted.

You are provaccine, not choice.

Thanks for your honesty. It's appreciated.
Your choice is accepted. Who is vaccinating you by force? No one. You’re just upset that your choice has consequences.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Your choice is accepted. Who is vaccinating you by force? No one. You’re just upset that your choice has consequences.
No, the choice not to vaccinate is not accepted.

If it were, there would not be almost 100 pages of discussion about it.

It doesn't have to do with being upset. It has to do with lack of freedom. Choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies