Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 01:52 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Children in foster care are being taken care of. The vast majority are NOT adoptable. They are waiting on the process to see if they can be returned to their birth parents.

Meme's never make for a good argument.

Pick another argument and I may agree with you but not this one.
No the vast majority are not an adoptable. There are hundreds of thousands that are available and or age out of the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 01:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
No the vast majority are not an adoptable. There are hundreds of thousands that are available and or age out of the system.
No there isn't. But as I note, either way they are being provided for.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:10 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
No there isn't. But as I note, either way they are being provided for.
Physically, maybe.

Emotionally? Oh, you must be joking.

How is this "being provided for"? https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...Y5H/story.html

My ex and his best friend aged out of foster care after more than a decade of being shuffled between at times abusive foster home and even more abusive orphanages (aka group homes). Both were adoptable, but as they were older, traumatized (my ex was abused by his parents and when reunification was attempted with his father, his father died by suicide in front of him), and his best friend was disabled. Both ended up on the streets before they were 20. Did you know that most shelters require you to be in by 6 or 7? Kind of hard for a young person working retail/food service jobs to find a bed.

Less than 5% of kids who age out of the foster care system go on to college. Half of the girls give birth to children who end up in foster care themselves. Provided for? Yeah. friggin. right.

I wonder how many services could be provided for children in foster care with the cost of the billboard?

Old 04-11-2019, 02:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Physically, maybe.

How is this "being provided for"? https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...Y5H/story.html

My ex and his best friend aged out of foster care after more than a decade of being shuffled between at times abusive foster home and even more abusive orphanages (aka group homes). Both were adoptable, but as they were older, traumatized (my ex was abused by his parents and when reunification was attempted with his father, his father died by suicide in front of him), and his best friend was disabled. Both ended up on the streets before they were 20. Did you know that most shelters require you to be in by 6 or 7? Kind of hard for a young person working retail/food service jobs to find a bed.

Less than 5% of kids who age out of the foster care system go on to college. Half of the girls give birth to children who end up in foster care themselves. Provided for? Yeah. friggin. right.

I wonder how many services could be provided for children in foster care with the cost of the billboard?
I didn't defend the billboard,I agree the money could be put to better use and it won't let me read the article.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:29 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.lifenews.com/2019/04/10/...aALWW7_pzG5Nk0

“When I asked our supporters if they wanted to send a pro-life message in Times Square, the answer was a resounding YES,†said SFLA President Kristan Hawkins.

She told LifeNews: “We had to fight to have our message heard as twice companies pulled the plug on our custom-made ad after intensive negotiations. But we don’t give up on college campuses, even when facing threats of violence, and we didn’t give up on sending a message to the vast majority of New Yorkers who reject infanticide and are horrified by the abortion extremism recently legalized in New York.â€

Good for them. Most people in NY don't support infanticide.
True. That's why infanticide is against NY state law. And has been for quite a while now.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:29 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then explain why God doesn't give a damn about the unborn everytime He allows a miscarriage to happen.
God creates life, God can take it, only God, not the abortionist. Sad anyone needs to explain this.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:33 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Physically, maybe.

Yes, we need to give more money to foster care than to PP and it would be better. PP doesn't even promote adoption as one former PP worker said. Just kill, kill, kill and give them the money, no money for helping babies and kids that have been born. Nice huh?

Old 04-11-2019, 03:44 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Physically, maybe.

They are separate issues.

If you want to tackle foster care, go start another thread. Most kids in foster care HAVE PARENTS.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:46 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
I didn't defend the billboard,I agree the money could be put to better use and it won't let me read the article.
Actually this is a good use I think.

I see pro abortion ads, tshirts, memes, promos, marches, signs, etc. everywhere I look. Blogs, articles, everywhere is pro abortion. Rarely is a prolife viewpoint in a mainstream media. Unless it's being made fun of.

It'll nice to see a prolife ad.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:48 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Which of course has nothing to do with abortion and is simply hyperbolic nonsense.
If you had been aborted as an unborn baby, you would not be here today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies