Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 06:02 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
None, but I am not stupid enough to not listen to those who have or who work in the industry.
Neither am I. And what you say does not jibe at all with what I know happens in Planned Parenthood clinics, on which I relied for basic ob/gyn care, when I had no insurance nor money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 06:48 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Yes, we need to give more money to foster care than to PP and it would be better. PP doesn't even promote adoption as one former PP worker said. Just kill, kill, kill and give them the money, no money for helping babies and kids that have been born. Nice huh?
PP is pretty foolish then, there is BIG money to made in adoptions, plenty of couples want to adopt out there and are willing to pay ALOT to get one done.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:42 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,505,717 times
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...1s6y4jdkmrwg_4

Pro-Life Generation vs. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo

"The largest organization of pro-life millennials gathered in New York City Wednesday evening to oppose Democrat Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s radical new abortion law, which declares abortion a fundamental right.

SFLA’s gala event, dubbed “Called to Bring Light to the Darkness,” featured Todd Starnes of Fox News; Bishop Edward Scharfenberger of Albany, who condemned Cuomo’s abortion law; and some of the students from Covington Catholic High School, who were ridiculed and allegedly targeted by media and celebrities following the March for Life in January.
Hawkins said her group had “to fight” to get its billboards up in Times Square:"

It's great they are fighting back now, wish it had been done years ago. We would not have so many abortions since '73.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:46 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,505,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Neither am I. And what you say does not jibe at all with what I know happens in Planned Parenthood clinics, on which I relied for basic ob/gyn care, when I had no insurance nor money.
So you are saying government paid for your abortion. I wonder why so many think tax payer money does not pay for abortions then?

Old 04-11-2019, 08:06 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,670,049 times
Quote:
You do know BC is not 100% don't you? For teens it's probably very low since most teens are not as responsible. Abby Johnson says even she, as a grown woman, forgot to take her BC at times. It has to be consistent.
For teens, IUDs are the preferred method of birth control now. They are 99% effective and last 3-12 years depending on the type selected. There is no remembering to do anything. You have it inserted and then when it is time to get it out you can either get a new one in, wait, or select another method. Before they were recommended, one of my friends had her daughters get the implant, which is effective 3-5 years. *MANY* women go to PP to get IUDs, but since that is something you need to one time every 3-12 years, it is not like they are going back over and over again.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:19 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Til they’re born and then its “screw themâ€
so true!

I havenever in all my years working with these children living in horrendous situations due to simply being born into these situations,NEVER had a pro life group or person volunteer their time and energy to interact,support,spend times with these kids.

Even foster home parents are only monetarily driven!

if you are pro birth seek out these kids,spend time with them , and show you really are glad they were born!NO MORE LIP SERVICE!

Old 04-11-2019, 08:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
so true!

I have[b]never in all my years working with these children living in horrendous situations due to simply being born into these situations,NEVER had a pro life group or person volunteer their time and energy to interact,support,spend times with these kids.

Even foster home parents are only monetarily driven!
It's really sad that you would demean many great families that have provided loving foster care for many kids this way.

Old 04-13-2019, 11:00 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's really sad that you would demean many great families that have provided loving foster care for many kids this way.
you say many but reality in the large cities I dealt with over 70%of foster care was not a good situation for the kids.

money not love was the reality . .

the system needs more that are in for the child.by the way the excellent families were always acknowledged by all who worked with them.who are you to say they were not.obviously you said it without not being fully aware of life for a child in the foster system.since u are pro foster care actively be courageous enough to recruit more stable people to foster.These kids need that

Old 04-13-2019, 11:08 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
So you are saying government paid for your abortion. I wonder why so many think tax payer money does not pay for abortions then?
I said nothing of the kind. Read it again. This time with those blinders off, it improves comprehension no end.

I know you refuse to know this, but women, men, and children, rely on PP clinics for many services that are NOT abortions. In my case, that was annual physicals, including PAP smears, breast exams, and contraception.

Old 04-13-2019, 02:05 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I said nothing of the kind. Read it again. This time with those blinders off, it improves comprehension no end.

I know you refuse to know this, but women, men, and children, rely on PP clinics for many services that are NOT abortions. In my case, that was annual physicals, including PAP smears, breast exams, and contraception.
You are a women. The pro-forced birthers care nothing about you or your healthcare needs. You are important only when you are acting as an incubator for a fetus. And even then, they care about you only in that capacity. If it comes between the life of the fetus or you, they will choose the fetus every time.

The sooner everyone realizes this truth about the forced birthers the better. There is absolutely nothing noble or moral about them, despite what they may believe about themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies