Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 10:09 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
LOL. And now we are entering the psychological projection portion of the discussion. You are a hoot.
Hardly. My post as always is full of fact.
Are you insulting people? Yes
Are you offering up any type of argument beyond insults? No
Are you using stereotypes? yes

Please continue ... what insult will you throw next? My character? My opinions? Will you go for the 1-2 approach with an insult followed by a stereotype?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 10:13 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Hardly. My post as always is full of fact.
Are you insulting people? Yes
Are you offering up any type of argument beyond insults? No
Are you using stereotypes? yes

Please continue ... what insult will you throw next? My character? My opinions? Will you go for the 1-2 approach with an insult followed by a stereotype?
Again with the projection. Some people just can't see themselves as they appear to others.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:22 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.lifenews.com/2019/04/10/...aALWW7_pzG5Nk0

“When I asked our supporters if they wanted to send a pro-life message in Times Square, the answer was a resounding YES,” said SFLA President Kristan Hawkins.

She told LifeNews: “We had to fight to have our message heard as twice companies pulled the plug on our custom-made ad after intensive negotiations. But we don’t give up on college campuses, even when facing threats of violence, and we didn’t give up on sending a message to the vast majority of New Yorkers who reject infanticide and are horrified by the abortion extremism recently legalized in New York.”

Good for them. Most people in NY don't support infanticide.
You really are obsessed with abortion huh? I was 14 when Row vs Wade ruling came down. At that time I remember thinking, “ina year or two this won’t even be an issue”. Obviously I didn’t get it then and 46 years later still cannot comprehend why someone else’s abortion is anybody else’s business.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:08 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I was 14 when Row vs Wade ruling came down. At that time I remember thinking, “in a year or two this won’t even be an issue”. Obviously I didn’t get it then and 46 years later still cannot comprehend why someone else’s abortion is anybody else’s business.
Backward people wanting abortion banned will never let it go. It is, by far, their no. 1 political issue. If Roe v. Wade is overturned that will only divide the controversy up in 50 ways, state by state, to go on indefinitely. Those who disagree will always be pushing back.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:14 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Just like those pro abortioners.

Don't care if women have health care or prenatal care. Don't even need to see a doctor, ever.

They only thing that matters is if you kill the baby. Then they move on to the next pregnant woman and make sure that SHE kills her baby too. As long as the baby gets killed, that's all they care about. If you are not of childbearing age you are invisible to them. Everyone else? They really really want you to get pregnant so they can convince you to kill the baby. They'll tell you how easy it is and is the best decision you could ever make. They'll even hold your hand while you do it. All it comes down to? Make sure the baby is dead. They will choose death every time.

The sooner everyone realizes the truth about the proabortioners the better. There is absolutely nothing noble or moral about them, despite what they may believe about themselves.

Sound about right? Good gawd.
Well...........to quote pro-life Republicans: "Healthcare is not a right."

Old 04-17-2019, 07:13 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
What lies about Planned Parenthood? Did you know that they do more abortions annually than pap smears?

It's true. In PP's 2017-2018 report, PP reported that they performed 332K abortions and 274K pap smears.

What lies specifically have been told about Planned Parenthood?
So what?

Cherry picking just one of the non-abortion services provided by PP and ignoring all of the rest IS being deceptive.......and that is the same as LYING. Nothing new here, just another pro-lifer using deception to mislead people......again.

Who do you think you are fooling?

Here is an honest representation: 9,687,070 Total services.............332,757 abortion services.

When a pro-lifer makes a claim you always need to VERIFY, VERIFY, VERIFY.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:11 AM

1,065 posts, read 598,167 times
If there are four ice-cream shops in town and only one provides banana splits, then that ONE is where customers will go when they want a banana split. And that's why the number for PP is not relative. Cheers.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:18 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
So what?

Cherry picking just one of the non-abortion services provided by PP and ignoring all of the rest IS being deceptive.......and that is the same as LYING. Nothing new here, just another pro-lifer using deception to mislead people......again.

Who do you think you are fooling?

Here is an honest representation: 9,687,070 Total services.............332,757 abortion services.

When a pro-lifer makes a claim you always need to VERIFY, VERIFY, VERIFY.
I owe you a rep for this post. But you're wasting your time if you think forced-birthers like newtovenice give a damn about those 9.6 million other services that millions of women depend upon. They don't. Newtovenice has personified this truth very clearly. Women's healthcare means nothing to them. Women are second class citizens whose wombs are of more value than they are.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:47 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
If there are four ice-cream shops in town and only one provides banana splits, then that ONE is where customers will go when they want a banana split. And that's why the number for PP is not relative. Cheers.
Exactly.

Planned Parenthood performs X number of abortions because for most people, Planned Parenthood is the only option if they want an abortion.

And those numbers should tell you - there are lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of women who do not want to carry their pregnancies to term.

Do any of us have 332,757 solutions for the 332,757 reasons those women chose abortion?

Does anyone actually think making abortion illegal will magically make those reasons go away?

If you want to stop abortion from happening, figure out how to prevent those 332,757 from wanting one, or getting pregnant in the first place.

Whether you think women should never have sex unless they want to have a baby, or should use a foolproof birth control method every time, or should choose adoption, or just suck it up and deal with their punishment baby - whatever you think SHOULD happen in this world, we don't live in a world of shoulds. We live in the real world.

You will never control people's sex lives.

You cannot force people to use birth control.

Reproduction is not the government's business. Your personal religious beliefs aren't relevant to the making of laws that affect everyone.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:02 PM

1,065 posts, read 598,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
PP is pretty foolish then, there is BIG money to made in adoptions, plenty of couples want to adopt out there and are willing to pay ALOT to get one done.
Making a human for a couple is not what adoption is about.

Adoption is finding homes for infants and children who need a home. If those couples want to parent, they can get training and do foster care.

Adoption has never been and never will be a solution to an unintended pregnancy. Here is why: first, one must stay pregnant then give birth then DECIDE.

If we think human trafficking is disgusting, then making someone stay pregnant to get a baby is just as bad. Pro-life logic whether one agrees or not, must stand on its own and not employ the mindset of human trafficking nor degrade the real reason for adoption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies