Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 09:43 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,154,005 times

Advertisements

I’m still waiting for a response from the libs.

Hello? Libs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 09:54 PM

411 posts, read 416,928 times
Why do these 'refugees apparently require so much help to adapt to their new homeland? People have been migrating for a millennia without having their hands held and being given the red carpet treatment. It feels like people are just having their noses rubbed into this garbage.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:55 PM

29,610 posts, read 16,600,282 times
Saying you are fine with someone making a life in your country is not the equivalent of saying you are ok with someone living in your home.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:55 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,644,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
We can start right here in this thread. Who in this forum is going to volunteer to take a migrant into their home?
Every day you people come up with something even stupider than the day before. There are hundreds of millions of people on this planet - maybe even billions - with whom I'm perfectly happy to share a country, but that doesn't mean I want them living in my house. Hell, I can even tolerate living in the same country as some of you conservatives, but I'd cut my throat with a butter knife before I'd let a single one of you slither through my door.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:05 PM

30,210 posts, read 11,870,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
With English Subtitles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkPJCWGnZNQ

I actually feel bad for these people. They're just trying to cope with the conflict between saying the right thing and self-preservation. Many of them have been put in a horrible position by their government.

In the San Francisco Bay area, Sausalito to be exact there are people known as anchor-outs. They live on abandoned boats just off shore of one the most expensive and liberal parts of America. They come to shore and use the restrooms in the local park and dump their trash in the dumpsters there. The residents and the city have tried for years to root these people out and throw them out of their homes. In some cases they have succeeded to do so. Clearly liberals say they want to help people but only if those people are far from where they live. They certainly do not want to see them every time they look out their windows of their palatial estates and see these watercraft's floating out in the bay. And they are not offering these people to move into their homes to live.

https://harpers.org/archive/2019/05/...=pocket-newtab

Old 04-15-2019, 10:07 PM

2,486 posts, read 827,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Saying you are fine with someone making a life in your country is not the equivalent of saying you are ok with someone living in your home.

If they come to the country and use their social services, take a job away from a citizen or worse take a check for breathing, burden their schools to educate them in their native language rather than learning the host language, and add insult to injury by terrorizing the women of said country - you're right, it isn't the equivalent, it's far worse.

At least if I invited someone into my home I could kick them out if they acted like arses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
In the San Francisco Bay area, Sausalito to be exact there are people known as anchor-outs. They live on abandoned boats just off shore of one the most expensive and liberal parts of America. They come to shore and use the restrooms in the local park and dump their trash in the dumpsters there. The residents and the city have tried for years to root these people out and throw them out of their homes. In some cases they have succeeded to do so. Clearly liberals say they want to help people but only if those people are far from where they live. They certainly do not want to see them every time they look out their windows of their palatial estates and see these watercraft's floating out in the bay.

I can't blame them for wanting the bums as far away as possible.

However, if these are hypocrites who turn around and virtue signal, want open borders, and want the messes they create to be some other person's problem - they can bite me! I hope those anchor-outs drop-in on their lawns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Every day you people come up with something even stupider than the day before. There are hundreds of millions of people on this planet - maybe even billions - with whom I'm perfectly happy to share a country,
Are you serious? What grade are you in?

You may want to holster that "stupider" gig when you follow it up with such an idiotic statement.

BTW, I'm perfectly happy to share a country with them as well. Theirs!

Last edited by Originalist; 04-15-2019 at 10:36 PM..

Old 04-15-2019, 10:08 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,203,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Every day you people come up with something even stupider than the day before. There are hundreds of millions of people on this planet - maybe even billions - with whom I'm perfectly happy to share a country, but that doesn't mean I want them living in my house. Hell, I can even tolerate living in the same country as some of you conservatives, but I'd cut my throat with a butter knife before I'd let a single one of you slither through my door.
Except the point of the video was should people take migrants into their homes. They were all for it until they were put on the spot.

Meanwhile, back in Italy just a couple of years ago, this older man was forced under threat of police action to house migrants at his modest inn. His home, his business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzZ6--p01KM

Old 04-15-2019, 10:13 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,203,317 times
Quote:
In the San Francisco Bay area, Sausalito to be exact there are people known as anchor-outs. They live on abandoned boats just off shore of one the most expensive and liberal parts of America. They come to shore and use the restrooms in the local park and dump their trash in the dumpsters there. The residents and the city have tried for years to root these people out and throw them out of their homes. In some cases they have succeeded to do so. Clearly liberals say they want to help people but only if those people are far from where they live. They certainly do not want to see them every time they look out their windows of their palatial estates and see these watercraft's floating out in the bay. And they are not offering these people to move into their homes to live.

I did not know about that. Interesting.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:14 PM

30,210 posts, read 11,870,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The wife would get pissed if a hot Latina moved in.

Hot Latina, huh? I am not a liberal but perhaps I can make some room.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:01 PM

19,860 posts, read 12,145,210 times
Quote:
Hot Latina, huh? I am not a liberal but perhaps I can make some room.
Odds are you will get a couple of men 18 - 34. Enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies