Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 08:10 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,733,776 times

Advertisements

Once we have bedrooms available in our home, it is our plan to host refugees. There are networks who place migrants/refugees in private homes and families/individuals who host them. I know it sounds hard to believe, but it's true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 08:22 AM

19,658 posts, read 12,251,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Once we have bedrooms available in our home, it is our plan to host refugees. There are networks who place migrants/refugees in private homes and families/individuals who host them. I know it sounds hard to believe, but it's true.
When will that be?

Old 04-16-2019, 08:31 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,850,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. The words in your first paragraph and the implications you're making in your second paragraph and final question are at complete odds with each other. If you "really think about it" all you're doing here is trying to find a more flowery way of saying the same bullcrap the rest of the rabid leftists are saying. Your sentiments are exactly why these people should be bused to your back yard instead of someone else's.
Oh, chill. Jeezus.

No, I'm not "talking out of both sides of my mouth." I'm looking at the issue objectively, and from both sides (politically speaking). It's called critical thinking. I'm not flowery. I deal with facts. And I show restraint , like I'm going to do with you.

Good or bad, it's human nature to feel a certain level of discomfort with anything different. So, what do we do about that? Should we have given in to that discomfort after WWII?

What do you think I'm implying in my second paragraph? And what is the answer to the question?

Old 04-16-2019, 08:37 AM

2,923 posts, read 979,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOnions View Post
Why do these 'refugees apparently require so much help to adapt to their new homeland? People have been migrating for a millennia without having their hands held and being given the red carpet treatment. It feels like people are just having their noses rubbed into this garbage.
Are you serious? They have no desire to adapt. Their culture is not compatible with Western culture.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:45 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times
You Tube.

The bastion of well edited "truth".

Old 04-16-2019, 08:52 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Every day you people come up with something even stupider than the day before. There are hundreds of millions of people on this planet - maybe even billions - with whom I'm perfectly happy to share a country, but that doesn't mean I want them living in my house. Hell, I can even tolerate living in the same country as some of you conservatives, but I'd cut my throat with a butter knife before I'd let a single one of you slither through my door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Whoa! Wow! Is your hatred of people who believe differently than you really so bad that you would be willing to harm them or yourself?

Do you live in a Red Flag State? If you do, I think someone needs to report you so the police can come take any firearms you may have because you're not safe to yourself or others.
seconded. i hope they can at least take away his dull knives in case he starts hallucinating that some door to door salesman is actually a conservative trying to access his precious hovel

Old 04-16-2019, 08:54 AM

20,476 posts, read 12,398,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
We can start right here in this thread. Who in this forum is going to volunteer to take a migrant into their home?
LOL

I am more willing to take a migrant than I am to let illegals and unchecked migration occur.
I have dear, dear friends who are refugees. if they return to their home country they will be killed.

I oppose illegal immigration. I support building more ( a lot more) wall on the southern boarder.
I support reforming our laws so that we do not have to accept every single person that gets here, and says "I see political refuge".

I am for some disposition of the so-called "dreamers". we educated them, we raise them. they should be here. but not citizenship. there has to be a penalty for coming or being brought illegally. in a generation, their kids will be legal.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:55 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I'm what some posters on here we would call a liberal, and I'm not a proponent of mass immigration of ANY group. I can understand why some people might feel uncomfortable at the prospect (or the reality) of an influx of large numbers of people who seem very different.

But, if you really think about it, your feelings are very similar to what some Americans felt after WWII regarding the huge migration of displaced Germans and Italians. Many believed that the Germans and Italians, as well as the Japanese, "did not mix well" with a predominantly English-speaking culture. Especially considering they had been the enemy.

So, what happened?
there was no such 'huge migration' of displaced germans and italians post-ww2.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:55 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,907,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
You'd be okay if it was a hot Latino named Raul?

Let's be realistic here. The no-borders crew doesn't want to take in migrants themselves. They just want you to handle what they screw up so they can feel good about themselves at the clubs while virtue signaling to all their friends.

The Swedes are in real trouble. They opened their country up to people who they thought would appreciate the help. They got tens of thousands who only wanted to help themselves to their money, their women (rape is way up) and who have no intention of assimilating or appreciating anything.

The native middle eastern mindset does not mix well with western culture. Especially when they believe us all to be infidels.
Let’s be realistic here prolifers don’t want to adopt unwanted babies. These arguments are quite weak.

Weaker in the case of illegals. They can house themselves or be homeless. No need for anyone to take them in.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:19 PM

2,486 posts, read 826,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Can you take a moment to explain what you find so outrageously offensive about the statement "there are hundreds of millions of people - maybe even billions - with whom I'd be perfectly happy to share a country"? Why does this simple statement trigger you so much?

Are you seriously asking?

You are implying that you would be happy to share our country with a billion people.

Does that honestly require an explanation of how foolish a statement that is?

Sorry, I would sooner send you to share their country (and anyone else who feels as you do) before I would allow you (and anyone else who feels like you) to destroy this country with an unsustainable influx of a billion people.

I like clean drinking water and an abundance of resources. I do not like virtue signaling BS that will hurt/kill far more people than it could potentially help.

You're young you are a liberal you have a big heart. I'm old, have a brain, live in reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies