Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 11:47 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,373,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I’m still waiting for a response from the libs.

Hello? Libs?
C’mon!! We all know these bleeding heart liberals were fake to begin with. They could care less about strangers 3000 miles away. They only pretend to care to resist Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 12:19 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,644,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
[b[There are hundreds of millions of people on this planet - maybe even billions -[/b] with whom I'm perfectly happy to share a country, but that doesn't mean I want them living in my house. Hell, I can even tolerate living in the same country as some of you conservatives, but I'd cut my throat with a butter knife before I'd let a single one of you slither through my door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Are you serious? What grade are you in?

You may want to holster that "stupider" gig when you follow it up with such an idiotic statement.

BTW, I'm perfectly happy to share a country with them as well. Theirs!
Can you take a moment to explain what you find so outrageously offensive about the statement "there are hundreds of millions of people - maybe even billions - with whom I'd be perfectly happy to share a country"? Why does this simple statement trigger you so much?

Old 04-16-2019, 05:01 AM

14,237 posts, read 4,615,622 times
Everybody thinks they are a hero until it's time to do hero ****. LoL

Old 04-16-2019, 05:04 AM

14,237 posts, read 4,615,622 times
Quote:
Every day you people come up with something even stupider than the day before. There are hundreds of millions of people on this planet - maybe even billions - with whom I'm perfectly happy to share a country, but that doesn't mean I want them living in my house. Hell, I can even tolerate living in the same country as some of you conservatives, but I'd cut my throat with a butter knife before I'd let a single one of you slither through my door.
Yeah, like how sanctuary cities/states think they can tolerate illegal immigrants until Trump wants to bus migrants to their cities/states?

Old 04-16-2019, 05:25 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,764,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The wife would get pissed if a hot Latina moved in.
Quote:
Oh, don’t worry. From what I’ve seen in the news, they’ll be far from hot Latinas.
He better have a fully stocked fridge!

Old 04-16-2019, 05:40 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,825,472 times
Quote:
Every day you people come up with something even stupider than the day before. There are hundreds of millions of people on this planet - maybe even billions - with whom I'm perfectly happy to share a country, but that doesn't mean I want them living in my house. Hell, I can even tolerate living in the same country as some of you conservatives, but I'd cut my throat with a butter knife before I'd let a single one of you slither through my door.

Whoa! Wow! Is your hatred of people who believe differently than you really so bad that you would be willing to harm them or yourself?

Do you live in a Red Flag State? If you do, I think someone needs to report you so the police can come take any firearms you may have because you're not safe to yourself or others.

Old 04-16-2019, 05:44 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,703,565 times
Quote:
We can start right here in this thread. Who in this forum is going to volunteer to take a migrant into their home?

First of all, the premise of this story is simply stupid. I would not take ANYONE into my home, be it a migrant or a celebrity. It's my private home, not a hotel or refuge, it is MY HOME. I don't care who it is, I am not going to let anyone invade my personal space, and I bet most other people feel the same way.

So, trying to paint people as hypocrites because the want to take migrants into their country but not their personal homes is about the dumbest logic I have ever seen.

Old 04-16-2019, 05:46 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,649,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Saying you are fine with someone making a life in your country is not the equivalent of saying you are ok with someone living in your home.
Exactly, it's a strawman

Old 04-16-2019, 05:48 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,764,166 times
Quote:
I get what you're saying but you gotta understand, if you're upper class or even at the higher end of the middle class you're not going to be living among these people but if you are lower down on the economic scale they may not be moving directly in to your home but they will be moving in to the apartment above you, or below you, or the other half of your townhouse or the small house next to you. They'll have large families, they'll mostly be unable to communicate with you in english and they'll have different standards of acceptable behavior than is normal in this country. For all the reasons you wouldn't want them in your home or camping out in your back yard, these more working class Americans don't want them living right next to or right on top of them. I know we are all posting from our yachts and mansions here but a lot of Americans are not so affluent as that.

If your only interaction with them is when they are cutting your lawn or laying down your new tile floor you'll have a much different perspective on them than if you have to live right next to them. And they are pouring over the border in their hundreds of thousands and even millions. If congress and the courts won't allow us to do anything to stop the flood maybe it's about time we aim some of that torrent at the people who are most vocal about welcoming them with open arms.

Old 04-16-2019, 05:50 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,524,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
First of all, the premise of this story is simply stupid. I would not take ANYONE into my home, be it a migrant or a celebrity. It's my private home, not a hotel or refuge, it is MY HOME. I don't care who it is, I am not going to let anyone invade my personal space, and I bet most other people feel the same way.

So, trying to paint people as hypocrites because the want to take migrants into their country but not their personal homes is about the dumbest logic I have ever seen.
But what about liberal mayors who proclaim they welcome illegal aliens to our country and establish "sanctuary cities" - and then balk if they are sent to them? Or leftists like Bernie who talk about all the different programs he wants to establish to help the needy - and then barely gives 3% of his million-dollar earnings to help people? What about Cher, who sang the praises of illegals and then complained when it looked like they might be directed to HER city?

Sorry, but liberal hypocrisy has been on full display the last few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies