Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 10:34 AM

6,239 posts, read 3,413,199 times

Advertisements

Barr says he thinks spying occurred on 2016 Trump campaign

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Attorney General William Barr said on Wednesday U.S. intelligence agencies engaged in spying directed at the 2016 presidential campaign of Donald Trump and that he would look at whether the surveillance was undertaken legally.

“I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal - it’s a big deal.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1RM1ZC

If what Barr said is true do you think it was the Obama administration? And if it was do think those responsible should be investigated by the DOJ and if proven true do you think they should be prosecuted?

Waiting for the left and their surrogates in the MSM to down play or spin this allegation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 10:54 AM

21,945 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Of course it was the Obama administration.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:54 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Default A.G. William Barr: Spying on Trump campaign by Obama did occur

Didn't Nixon get run out of office for his administration doing exactly that?

--------------------------------------

by Reuters
Wednesday, 10 April 2019 14:54 GMT

WASHINGTON, April 10 (Reuters) - Attorney General William Barr said on Wednesday U.S. intelligence agencies engaged in spying directed at the 2016 presidential campaign of Donald Trump and that he would look at whether the surveillance was undertaken legally.

"I think spying did occur," Barr told a Senate hearing.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:57 AM

17,804 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Looks like ole "Jowls" sniffed it out.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:58 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,188,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post

If what Barr said is true do you think it was the Obama administration? And if it was do think those responsible should be investigated by the DOJ and if proven true do you think they should be prosecuted?

Waiting for the left and their surrogates in the MSM to down play or spin this allegation.
Of course there was spying. Spying is the name of the game right now, ever since 9/11 and that POS Paytriot Act. Everyone's spying on everbody, phone calls, emails, you name it. It's a big game, played by members of the club that we aren't in. Government spying, corporate spying, international spying, you name it. Every transaction you make on line is logged and stored, your phone calls are recorded.

Barr is choosing his words VERY carefully, it seems to me as if he doesn't want to implicate the FBI and DOJ, but rather the intelligence agencies. One of the theories I saw put forward is that the spying on the Trump campaign was initiated by the CIA and that the agency dragged in the FBI and even the DOJ to collaborate with them. This would, of course, involve members of the executive branch.

BUT, I would say that there won't be anyone going to jail over this. Maybe some should, but it will never happen. Certainly nothing will happen to Obama. I doubt if it was his idea, anyway. It seems to me as if this originated with the CIA, and they got members of the executive branch involved.

Better we should be outraged about all the spying that's done on US.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Obama had no problem with programs that spied on the people at large so any questions now are going to have some validity.

Another example of where we refused to hold him accountable and it's going to cost us now.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:59 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Of course. Who else could it be?

Old 04-10-2019, 11:00 AM

37,224 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:

What he "thinks" isn't worth a bucket of warm spit, any more than what he "thinks" about the Mueller Report.

Show us the evidence, please.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:00 AM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:

Of course spying happened. Trump said there was wiretapping, the msm laughed and scoffed, and then we all found out that there was wiretapping. Since there was no "muh Russian collusion", of course it was spying. Who would have the opportunity to ask for those and have them placed BUT the Obama administration?

Old 04-10-2019, 11:01 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,425,834 times
Of course, Barr should look into any wrongdoing on either side. He thinks spying occurred but what was the legal justification is the important question he is looking at as well.

Quote:
“I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal. It’s a big deal,” said Barr, noting that there are long-held rules to prevent intelligence agencies from collecting information on domestic political figures.

“I’m not suggesting that those rules were violated, but I think it’s important to look at that,” he said. “I’m not talking about the FBI necessarily but intelligence agencies more broadly.”
Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.) asked: “You’re not suggesting that spying occurred?”

Barr answered: “I think spying did occur, yes, I think spying did occur,” he said. He added, though, that the key question is whether law enforcement officials had a proper legal justification to open such an investigation and intelligence-gathering.
“I need to explore that. . . . I want to say that I am reviewing this, I haven’t set up a team yet,” Barr added. “I also want to make clear this is not launching an investigation of the FBI, frankly. To the extent that there were any issues at the FBI, I do not view it as a problem that’s endemic to the FBI. I think there was probably a failure among a group of leaders there in the upper echelon.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.dd267b4e2a1c
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies