Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Liberals: Would you rather be stuck on an island with illegals or Trump supporters?
Illegals 101 80.16%
Trumpers 25 19.84%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 01:45 PM

63,001 posts, read 29,210,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Who said this deserted island was American soil? Not wanting to be on an island with people from a different county than you makes you a xenophobe. Something most Trump supporters have in common.
The OP's question was hypothetical, duh! The question was about illegal aliens not just people from a different country. I have no xenophobic fear of foreigners here legally nor do most Trump supporters. Try again!

Old 04-19-2019, 01:47 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,735,546 times
This is true; people from those "Mexican countries" who are here not-illegally are quite a resourceful bunch. They have banded together for safety, escaped from their own dangerous countries, navigated various terrain, and presented themselves for asylum. More than I can say for your typical American. I think that alone would be a good reason to want them and their knowledge and resourcefulness on the island with you.

2,953 posts, read 2,904,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Trumpers would pollute the one available pool of clean drinking water on the island because, you know, “we don’t need any regulations about clean drinking water”

Trumpers would burn all the available firewood in two weeks because, you know, “it’s their right and we don’t need to think ahead”

Trumpers would deplete all the fish in the lagoon because, you know, “ there will always be more fish”

Worst of all, Trumpers will elect a leader who hoards the last of the remaining resources for himself. Why? Because he tells the Trumpers they were right to do all the other things posted above.

I dunno...if I was stranded on an island the last thing I would care about are regulations, and depleting fish and firewood. Might think about survival though, maybe even making it to next...week?

2,923 posts, read 980,039 times
It would be interesting to see the results of this poll if I had asked if it your wife/gf/daughter was the one on island and not you

Old 04-19-2019, 01:53 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,735,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
It would be interesting to see the results of this poll if I had asked if it your wife/gf/daughter was the one on island and not you
This is actually a good question. I don't have a wife or girlfriend... I am someone's wife, though. If it were my underage daughter? I'd want her to be with someone who would keep her safe and integrate her as a family member. Some cranky old men who watch Fox News in their wifebeater t-shirts wouldn't get my vote, but neither would a group of teens from Mexico. A family from anywhere or some middle-aged adults (both male and female) from either the Trumper or the Central American group would be preferable to teenagers or old people from either, I'd say, mainly because I'd want responsible adults who weren't going to die off in the heat (or whatever).

I guess that would actually be my answer for myself, too. Totally depends on the individuals in question.

Old 04-19-2019, 01:54 PM

20,413 posts, read 14,701,959 times
Quote:
I'm a woman. I was actually sexually assaulted by an illegal immigrant once. I would still absolutely prefer to be stranded on a desert island with one, than with a Trump supporter.

I won't lie though, even if the truth is a bit cringe-worthy...I'd be thankful that my tubes are tied, either way.

Just in case. And all.

Old 04-19-2019, 01:57 PM

17,327 posts, read 12,279,109 times
Note the question is not who would you want to be neighbors with in suburbia, but who you would prefer in a survival situation. Someone from the 3rd world is closer to living a survival situation every day, so go with experience.

Last edited by notnamed; 04-19-2019 at 02:28 PM..

Old 04-19-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'm a woman. I was actually sexually assaulted by an illegal immigrant once. I would still absolutely prefer to be stranded on a desert island with one, than with a Trump supporter.

I won't lie though, even if the truth is a bit cringe-worthy...I'd be thankful that my tubes are tied, either way.

Just in case. And all.
wow the hate runs that deep huh?

Old 04-19-2019, 02:12 PM

20,413 posts, read 14,701,959 times
Quote:
wow the hate runs that deep huh?
"the hate"

You're cute.

Look, I was married to this one guy for 18 years, and during that time, I had to learn to cope with having sex with someone I really wished I wasn't having sex with, and I had to cope with endless hours of ranting and grouching and negative attitude about literally everyone who isn't just like him. Everyone was out to get his guns, blah blah blah. Eventually his anger spilled over into violence and abuse.

You know why I left him?

It wasn't being expected to have sex with someone I didn't really want to be having sex with.

It was all the other stuff.

So in thinking about, on one hand dealing with people who may not speak my language, but who will probably help me survive, but I might not have a choice when it comes to involuntary intimacy (though good odds given some I've known, that I'd probably be "romanced" as well)...

Or the type who are likely to fill the airspace with constant anger, misery, and anti-everybody noise, who might not know what to even do without a keyboard or a gun...and come to think of it, not really less likely to violate my consent or boundaries in any way...actually...

I mean we are STRANDED ON A DESERT ISLAND. That's the scenario here? OK, I'm going with survival. Live to fight another day. I know whose survival odds I'd lay my money on.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
"the hate"

You're cute.

Look, I was married to this one guy for 18 years, and during that time, I had to learn to cope with having sex with someone I really wished I wasn't having sex with, and I had to cope with endless hours of ranting and grouching and negative attitude about literally everyone who isn't just like him. Everyone was out to get his guns, blah blah blah. Eventually his anger spilled over into violence and abuse.

You know why I left him?

It wasn't being expected to have sex with someone I didn't really want to be having sex with.

It was all the other stuff.

So in thinking about, on one hand dealing with people who may not speak my language, but who will probably help me survive, but I might not have a choice when it comes to involuntary intimacy (though good odds given some I've known, that I'd probably be "romanced" as well)...

Or the type who are likely to fill the airspace with constant anger, misery, and anti-everybody noise, who might not know what to even do without a keyboard or a gun...and come to think of it, not really less likely to violate my consent or boundaries in any way...actually...

I mean we are STRANDED ON A DESERT ISLAND. That's the scenario here? OK, I'm going with survival. Live to fight another day. I know whose survival odds I'd lay my money on.
yes would've done it but cool story
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies