Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Pentagon should be audited?
Yes, its high time 16 69.57%
No, I support Trump and the Pentagon on this 7 30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 09:13 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
So you choose your poison
You're talking nonsense. No reliable and proper audit has been completed, thats what Sanders is referring to. And Trump has been showering this deeply corrupt institution with endless amounts of money, unlike the rest of the federal spending which undergoes deep cuts, and it has zero consequences for him and he knows it. Its laughable to suggest that his actions show he is committed to a reliable and proper audit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 09:17 AM

2,486 posts, read 824,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You're talking nonsense. No reliable and proper audit has been completed, thats what Sanders is referring to. And Trump has been showering this deeply corrupt institution with endless amounts of money, unlike the rest of the federal spending which undergoes deep cuts, and it has zero consequences for him and he knows it. Its laughable to suggest that his actions show he is committed to a reliable and proper audit.

I'm not sure he could even if he wanted to. His hands have been tied since his election, or hadn't you noticed?

In order to get an audit, it has to go through Congress. He can't EO it, which is about all he has had. At least he got the tax cuts through but had to sign the worst budget in history to get it.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:22 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
they get audit every year

Old 04-21-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I'm not sure he could even if he wanted to. His hands have been tied since his election, or hadn't you noticed?

In order to get an audit, it has to go through Congress. He can't EO it, which is about all he has had. At least he got the tax cuts through but had to sign the worst budget in history to get it.
The only thing he has shown to be deeply committed to is to massively increase spending on this corrupt institution while slashing spending in most other areas. Actions speak far louder than words.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:35 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You're talking nonsense. No reliable and proper audit has been completed, thats what Sanders is referring to. And Trump has been showering this deeply corrupt institution with endless amounts of money, unlike the rest of the federal spending which undergoes deep cuts, and it has zero consequences for him and he knows it. Its laughable to suggest that his actio
Sanders said he agreed that “we need a strong defense,†but questioned why the Pentagon was “the only major agency of government that has not undertaken or completed a major audit.â€ns show he is committed to a reliable and proper audit.
That's funny a Pentagon official said they failed the audit.

As far as military spending goes Trump is a republican and they always with out fail ask for increased military spending every year. That is nothing new and does not prove that Trump is against auditing the Pentagon.
What your are doing is a play on words by using words like reliable and proper but it does not fly because there was a audit and the Pentagon admitted it failed.

Then you make the claim " unlike the rest of the federal spending which undergoes deep cuts"

What deep cuts are you talking about? I am not aware of Trump or the {R}s making deep cuts to any dept of the federal gvt. Can you show us these deep cuts? maybe you can get help from the fake conservatives on the forum and they can show us these deep cuts.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:43 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sanders has been voting to fund the military for decades, didn't he look to see what was being done with the money when he authorized it?
He is a hypocrite in search of a sound bite for his campaign.

And just HOW would anyone know the $$$ was being used for its authorized purpose without an audit?

I'm no fan of Bernie but on this point I agree 100%! The DoD is the only major government agency to have never been audited. Since other agencies are audited and checked if authorized funding is used for its intended purpose, why should the Pentagon be sacrosanct? Why are so many who complain about government waste unwilling to audit a department with a notably bloated budget compared to the rest of the world?

Old 04-21-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
That's funny a Pentagon official said they failed the audit.
A mere charade. Actions speak far louder than words. No reliable audit has been made and Trump has consistently backed the DoD every step of the way with his endless gifts to the Pentagon. He has proposed almost $100 billion increase in overseas contingency spending this year from last year, an increase of way above 100%. The guy is simply handing over as much money as he possibly can to the corrupt military money pit. Of course he wont change when the people who vote for him defend this waste, fraud and abuse.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:56 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
He proposed deep cuts to military spending in favor of ambitious government programs.

Rob Peter to pay Paul is just not working for me because I don't care about either Peter nor Paul.

Let me explain, I think Pentagon needs to be audited, military budget does not need an increase, it just needs to be used wisely. Cutting military spending and using the smaller budget wisely is NOT necessarily a bad thing, but, I don't trust ANY American politicians including Bernie Sanders. So I will vote No on this one. Bernie Sanders will use the $$$$ to pay for his insane feel good government programs. I am not impressed.

In term of politician, all I need is somebody who is not a fan of never ending war, Trump is the guy here.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:59 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Are you sure Bernie said that? because a audit has already been done and the Pentagon failed.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1NK2MC

Prove that Bernie said that? if you can't you are spreading fake news, if you can prove he said that you make Sanders look like a idiot. Choose your poison.

Also prove that Trump has a no audit position. Balls in your court lets see what you got. I am guessing you have nothing.
The Senate has asked for an audit already--it is bipartisan.

This is not a radical idea. It is common sense. Looks like Bernie is endorsing what the Senate already asked for.

..."The lead authors are Sens. David Perdue, R-Ga., and Angus King, a Maine Independent who caucuses with Democrats. Perdue chairs the Senate Armed Services Subcommittee on Seapower, and King is the ranking member of the Subcommittee on Airland.

While the lawmakers do not mention the shakeup at the Pentagon, they do ask that Shanahan commit to completing the full audit of the Defense Department within fiscal 2019, which ends in eight months, on Oct. 1....

https://www.defensenews.com/congress...fing-deadline/

Old 04-21-2019, 10:05 AM

3,647 posts, read 3,783,666 times
Just the Pentagon? Ha!

Undoubtably there could be waste found throughout the Federal government.

But trust Sanders to manage money well? An even bigger "Ha!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies