Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 01:07 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Just WHO are you accusing of this, bub? I assume you have some solid evidence, yes?
I'm accusing nurses, doctors, pharma and anyone who assumes the alias of this and yes, I have plenty of evidence. I'm so glad you asked. Aside from many personal stories, here are just a few.

A report out today from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention finds that use of these highly addictive narcotic pain meds dropped in the last few years. But a closer look at the numbers in the CDC study reveals another, more troubling trend: Some doctors are still overprescribing opioids, which puts lives at risk.
https://www.consumerreports.org/opio...ids-cdc-finds/

Overall, the use of OxyContin, Percocet, Vicodin, and other opioid pain medications decreased by 13 percent between 2012 and 2015. Yet even with that drop, prescribing remains alarmingly high, according to the CDC. In 2015, U.S. doctors prescribed enough opioids to medicate every American around the clock for three weeks.

“The amount of opioids prescribed in the U.S. is still too high, with too many opioid prescriptions for too many days at too high a dosage,” said the CDC's acting director, Anne Schuchat, M.D. The CDC report also reveals striking inconsistencies, with healthcare providers in some parts of the country prescribing six times more opioids than providers in other areas.

That's because some doctors aren't following the latest, evidence-based guidelines, says Deborah Dowell, M.D., chief medical officer in the Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention at the CDC’s National Center for Injury Prevention and Control.

"If the judgment is that there's blood on Merck's hands," Graham says, "there's blood on the FDA's hands as well."

Graham has estimated that Vioxx killed some 60,000 patients--as many people, he points out, as died in the Vietnam War. He says that fundamental problems at the FDA led to those deaths. "People should turn to Congress and demand a drug safety system that is free from corporate influence--and a distinct center for drug safety." https://www.forbes.com/2005/08/19/me...l#287fbca95698

In Graham's eyes, the problem at the FDA is that the same scientists who approve drugs are the ones charged with deciding whether or not they are safe enough to remain on the market when problems crop up. "There is no feedback or review process to say, 'You guys have made a big mistake,' " he says. When problems are recognized by drug safety officers, it can be hard for the message to take hold.

We've made this mistake before: https://www.ozy.com/flashback/the-de...medicine/39174
Bayer employees who tested it claimed the treatment made them feel “heroic” — heroisch in German — giving the drug its name. The new compound was soon being marketed by the future pharmaceutical giant as “Heroin”: a cutting-edge cough medicine and cure for morphine addiction.

Mistakes happen and can be covered up.
However, health care workers may hesitate to provide this information to patients. Studies of physicians' attitudes have identified several important barriers to disclosure, such as physicians' fear of litigation, concern about whether the information might harm patients, and discomfort with how to share the information.(7-9) These barriers can lead physicians to "choose their words carefully" when talking to patients about errors, mentioning the adverse event but avoiding explicitly stating that an error occurred. In addition, physicians want to apologize to patients but worry that doing so will increase their legal liability. Physicians further wonder whether to take personal responsibility for an error, especially given the patient safety movement's emphasis that most errors are not failures of individual providers but rather breakdowns in the system of care.https://psnet.ahrq.gov/webmm/case/64...ror-disclosure

Let me know if you want me to go on, there's a ton of evidence of mistakes, and known decisions when it comes to our healthcare community and science regarding medication.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:09 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I have & I agree with you. My school called me "retarded". My mom made appointments for me all over the place, to try to figure out what was wrong.

I'm a non-responder to the Measles vaccine & I was born overseas because my dad was in the USAF. The military required that children born overseas have proof of immunity prior to being granted entry, so ... yeah. They re-immunized me over & over, telling my parents it was "safe" until I had a minimum amount of antibodies & told them to move quickly, while it showed.

In 1994, I lost my little girl within 12 hours of a vaccine.

In 2003, I had the bizarre experience of an "adult regression" after I received 2 doses of Rhogam, a HepB, a Tetanus booster & a flu shot; all within 6 months of each other. I could not focus or think, my gait changed, my hands flapped, my performance at work suffered & a neuropsychiatrist diagnosed me with; "The most profound case of ADD I have ever seen in an adult female".

I now have a 15-year-old son who regressed into severe Autism after his "catch-up" (delayed due to strep throat) doses of immunizations at age 2. Within a week he was covered in a post-viral rash, had the circumoral pallor typically seen in victims of poisoning & his face still has the classic Fifth-disease ("hand-slap") red rash on his cheeks. His dark, curly & soft hair went straight & coarse; it later tested positive for toxic levels of aluminum. His voice tone changed & he lost his "baby babble"; instead he grunted & shrieked like a wild animal.

He remained 100% non-verbal & incontinent until the age of 8. He is in a special school now; at 6'3" & 220 lbs, they were literally having to evacuate entire classrooms when he would have a meltdown. Regardless; he is the light of my life & I think I could actually kill, with my bare hands; who did this to him but ... it's not his doctor's fault. Doctors do not receive the truth in education anymore.

My mom's class of med students in the late 1980s was probably about the last year that doctors had any clue from the authorities regarding vaccines, due to the Vaccine Injury Act in 1986. She was completing her PhD in Immunology when the head doctor of medical sciences conducted a lecture advising the students that; "When you have a patient who has had a severe reaction to an immunization, including death; you are not to admit that it was the vaccine & you are not to note it as such in the chart nor death certificate".

My mom disagreed. She was the only student to stand up to that doctor & he became violently angry, resulting him screaming at her that she would not be receiving her Ph.D. & she was expelled from the program immediately.

So yes. I think I'm over vaccines now. Or at least; vaccines "CDC style". There is good science for & good use of good vaccines; I'm a fan of Peter Aaby's (from Denmark) work & his recommendations to the WHO (they are fence-sitting). Unfortunately, our CDC is in defense mode, guarding an almost 60-year-old disaster that could derail US policy & program & they react with arrogance & indifference to the people whose health they are charged with protecting (with our tax dollars).

Regarding autism specifically, you are right; people should be afraid of what is to come, not only for society but for themselves. The "good" & bad news: People with Autism seem to be protected from developing Alzheimer's. But the brains of people with Alzheimer's have recently been found to show the same viral biomarkers as the brains of people with Autism. And the same defunct Microglia resulting in the same atypical synaptic pruning. Just in an aging brain versus in a developing brain. It's not over till it's over.
Great post. It's a different world for us, that's for sure. We are left to figure this out on our own.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:43 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,109,437 times
Quote:
How about Australia? They give Hep B at birth, seasonal influenza to kids under 5 and do not give BCG. What a joke, that BCG, of all the vaccines, is beneficial. It's only about 50% effective, not effective against all types of TB, and leaves a nasty keloid scar on many people.
It's called 'trained immunity".
Quote:
Certain vaccines such as BCG have non-specific effects, which modulate innate immune responses and lead to protection against mortality from unrelated infections (trained immunity). In contrast, in spite of the disease-specific effects, enhanced overall mortality has been described after diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DTP) vaccination in females.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30919883

And you want a scar:
Quote:
Maternal BCG priming might be important for the effect of BCG vaccination on child survival. Ensuring better BCG vaccine scarring among mothers and children could have a considerable effect on child mortality levels.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30715451

Old 04-25-2019, 01:55 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,109,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Great post. It's a different world for us, that's for sure. We are left to figure this out on our own.
Thank you. I've lived my whole life feeling as though I were on the outside looking in. At this point, I'd almost rather figure it out on my own; it's so disappointing that things have come to this point & it's hard to know who to trust. On the upside, there is some evidence showing that people with Autism may have a better than average ability to detect propaganda!

Old 04-25-2019, 02:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I'm accusing nurses, doctors, pharma and anyone who assumes the alias of this and yes, I have plenty of evidence. I'm so glad you asked. Aside from many personal stories, here are just a few.

A report out today from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention finds that use of these highly addictive narcotic pain meds dropped in the last few years. But a closer look at the numbers in the CDC study reveals another, more troubling trend: Some doctors are still overprescribing opioids, which puts lives at risk.
https://www.consumerreports.org/opio...ids-cdc-finds/

Overall, the use of OxyContin, Percocet, Vicodin, and other opioid pain medications decreased by 13 percent between 2012 and 2015. Yet even with that drop, prescribing remains alarmingly high, according to the CDC. In 2015, U.S. doctors prescribed enough opioids to medicate every American around the clock for three weeks.

“The amount of opioids prescribed in the U.S. is still too high, with too many opioid prescriptions for too many days at too high a dosage,” said the CDC's acting director, Anne Schuchat, M.D. The CDC report also reveals striking inconsistencies, with healthcare providers in some parts of the country prescribing six times more opioids than providers in other areas.

That's because some doctors aren't following the latest, evidence-based guidelines, says Deborah Dowell, M.D., chief medical officer in the Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention at the CDC’s National Center for Injury Prevention and Control.

"If the judgment is that there's blood on Merck's hands," Graham says, "there's blood on the FDA's hands as well."

Graham has estimated that Vioxx killed some 60,000 patients--as many people, he points out, as died in the Vietnam War. He says that fundamental problems at the FDA led to those deaths. "People should turn to Congress and demand a drug safety system that is free from corporate influence--and a distinct center for drug safety." https://www.forbes.com/2005/08/19/me...l#287fbca95698

In Graham's eyes, the problem at the FDA is that the same scientists who approve drugs are the ones charged with deciding whether or not they are safe enough to remain on the market when problems crop up. "There is no feedback or review process to say, 'You guys have made a big mistake,' " he says. When problems are recognized by drug safety officers, it can be hard for the message to take hold.

We've made this mistake before: https://www.ozy.com/flashback/the-de...medicine/39174
Bayer employees who tested it claimed the treatment made them feel “heroic” — heroisch in German — giving the drug its name. The new compound was soon being marketed by the future pharmaceutical giant as “Heroin”: a cutting-edge cough medicine and cure for morphine addiction.

Mistakes happen and can be covered up.
However, health care workers may hesitate to provide this information to patients. Studies of physicians' attitudes have identified several important barriers to disclosure, such as physicians' fear of litigation, concern about whether the information might harm patients, and discomfort with how to share the information.(7-9) These barriers can lead physicians to "choose their words carefully" when talking to patients about errors, mentioning the adverse event but avoiding explicitly stating that an error occurred. In addition, physicians want to apologize to patients but worry that doing so will increase their legal liability. Physicians further wonder whether to take personal responsibility for an error, especially given the patient safety movement's emphasis that most errors are not failures of individual providers but rather breakdowns in the system of care.https://psnet.ahrq.gov/webmm/case/64...ror-disclosure

Let me know if you want me to go on, there's a ton of evidence of mistakes, and known decisions when it comes to our healthcare community and science regarding medication.
TL; DR

Bub, you mentioned people "on here", meaning-on this thread? On CD in general? Just who the flip are you accusing. Name names.

Old 04-25-2019, 02:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Snort! That has been said about MMR as well, you know.
https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...st-the-disease

Old 04-25-2019, 02:14 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
I have & I agree with you. My school called me "retarded". My mom made appointments for me all over the place, to try to figure out what was wrong.

I'm a non-responder to the Measles vaccine & I was born overseas because my dad was in the USAF. The military required that children born overseas have proof of immunity prior to being granted entry, so ... yeah. They re-immunized me over & over, telling my parents it was "safe" until I had a minimum amount of antibodies & told them to move quickly, while it showed.

In 1994, I lost my little girl within 12 hours of a vaccine.

In 2003, I had the bizarre experience of an "adult regression" after I received 2 doses of Rhogam, a HepB, a Tetanus booster & a flu shot; all within 6 months of each other. I could not focus or think, my gait changed, my hands flapped, my performance at work suffered & a neuropsychiatrist diagnosed me with; "The most profound case of ADD I have ever seen in an adult female".

I now have a 15-year-old son who regressed into severe Autism after his "catch-up" (delayed due to strep throat) doses of immunizations at age 2. Within a week he was covered in a post-viral rash, had the circumoral pallor typically seen in victims of poisoning & his face still has the classic Fifth-disease ("hand-slap") red rash on his cheeks. His dark, curly & soft hair went straight & coarse; it later tested positive for toxic levels of aluminum. His voice tone changed & he lost his "baby babble"; instead he grunted & shrieked like a wild animal.

He remained 100% non-verbal & incontinent until the age of 8. He is in a special school now; at 6'3" & 220 lbs, they were literally having to evacuate entire classrooms when he would have a meltdown. Regardless; he is the light of my life & I think I could actually kill, with my bare hands; who did this to him but ... it's not his doctor's fault. Doctors do not receive the truth in education anymore.

My mom's class of med students in the late 1980s was probably about the last year that doctors had any clue from the authorities regarding vaccines, due to the Vaccine Injury Act in 1986. She was completing her PhD in Immunology when the head doctor of medical sciences conducted a lecture advising the students that; "When you have a patient who has had a severe reaction to an immunization, including death; you are not to admit that it was the vaccine & you are not to note it as such in the chart nor death certificate".

My mom disagreed. She was the only student to stand up to that doctor & he became violently angry, resulting him screaming at her that she would not be receiving her Ph.D. & she was expelled from the program immediately.

So yes. I think I'm over vaccines now. Or at least; vaccines "CDC style". There is good science for & good use of good vaccines; I'm a fan of Peter Aaby's (from Denmark) work & his recommendations to the WHO (they are fence-sitting). Unfortunately, our CDC is in defense mode, guarding an almost 60-year-old disaster that could derail US policy & program & they react with arrogance & indifference to the people whose health they are charged with protecting (with our tax dollars).

Regarding autism specifically, you are right; people should be afraid of what is to come, not only for society but for themselves. The "good" & bad news: People with Autism seem to be protected from developing Alzheimer's. But the brains of people with Alzheimer's have recently been found to show the same viral biomarkers as the brains of people with Autism. And the same defunct Microglia resulting in the same atypical synaptic pruning. Just in an aging brain versus in a developing brain. It's not over till it's over.
Thanks for sharing, cochristie. You’ve been through a lot and not only that, you’ve shown repeatedly that you are highly intelligent and have researched this in depth. I hate that people have and will continue to brush you off.

Old 04-25-2019, 02:16 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
TL; DR

Bub, you mentioned people "on here", meaning-on this thread? On CD in general? Just who the flip are you accusing. Name names.
I had to look up what TL;DR stood for. It stands for Too long, didn’t read. Wow who is the uninformed one here? Can’t even read a post that answers a question that you asked. It was a good post too. What a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies