Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 03:07 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,611,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
It's simple, really. Waldo, like many Trump supporters, can't admit to being wrong. They must support their god emperor without question.

You tell me specifically what I've been wrong about, and we'll discuss. So far every prediction I've made about Trump has come true. But I'm willing to be held to account. Bring it on.

<crickets>

Otherwise, the OP is spot on.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:09 PM

30,343 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Who knew that it could all fall apart so fast.
At the start of the year, economists predicted an economic slump ahead. President Trump’s already low approval ratings were plunging. The Mueller report would threaten his presidency. And Democrats, we were told, would be driving the agenda for the next two years over a crippled presidency.

It’s four months later and, if anything, the opposite has occurred on every front.

The economy appears to be gaining strength. Trump’s approval rating is rising. The Mueller report was a dud. And House Democrats are fighting among themselves.

And the Icing on the Cake. They are arguing over impeaching Trump for crimes committed by Democrats. They look like a big bunch of Bozos. (no offense to real clowns)

Is This The Perfect Storm For Trump Haters?
Hillary and Obama's Spooks injected fake Russians into the Trump campaign in and effort to employ the insurance policy discussed in Andy's office but Trump hating Mueller and his team of angry Demonicrats weren't able to fake up a Russian Conspiracy to hold water.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:10 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,281,310 times
Quote:
You tell me specifically what I've been wrong about, and we'll discuss. So far every prediction I've made about Trump has come true. But I'm willing to be held to account. Bring it on.

<crickets>

Where's the wall then?

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:

<crickets>

Did you predict he'd be an utter failure in making good on hos often stated promise to have a 'far better than the ACA' plan in place soon after he took office or did you miss that one?

Did you also predict his utter failure to make good on his often stated promise to form an 'immigration force' and quickly rid the country of 11,000,000 illegals or did you miss that one too?

Or perhaps you just predicted he'd be the lying, self-aggrandizing con-man he's always been in which case you nailed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post
Well, we have our own "perfect storm" that is working quite well in our favor: A sitting president who has slumping poll numbers because he now looks like a crook to the majority of the country due to his attempts to break the law. The benefit? So we get to have a nice economy and yet also get to see a president flailing and failing. Too rich...

Obviously you didn't read the OP.

Trump is holding a Rally in Michigan. A state that was once Blue. I'm willing to bet that venue will be packed to the rafters and even more standing outside. No Democrat today can do this.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:17 PM

15,630 posts, read 10,383,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
I will go through each of your points:

1. Gorsuch, although right wing, seems like a fair choice. However, I am not pleased with the fact that Merrick Garland, who should've been approved, was not thanks to Republican opposition. I did appreciate Gorsuch stating that he will not reverse Roe v Wade.

Kavanaugh does not seem like someone who should be a judge in the highest court of the land.

2. Supporting the police is good, but there needs to proper punishment when they fail to execute their job correctly. The recent incident in Broward comes to mind.

3. Unemployment began falling during Obama's presidency and has continued since then. The rate at which unemployment has fallen has not increased. While I am glad that it is falling, there's nothing to suggest that Trump is the cause of the falling unemployment.

4. Cancelling the Iran deal just tells them and other countries that they should develop their nuclear programs in spite of the US. There are US companies like Boeing that stand to lose from the cancellation of the Iran deal.

The Paris Accords were flawed. I am ok with withdrawing from this agreement while we in the US look to be more green on our own.

5. I have never understood the right's obsession with Israel. What does recognizing Jerusalem as the capital do for the American people?

You asked me what trump policies I was pleased with and I answered.

If you have another question of me, ask me. I wouldn't presume to speak for anyone else.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 04-23-2019 at 03:31 PM..

Old 04-23-2019, 03:34 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,281,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
You asked me what trump policies I was pleased with and I answered.

If you have another question of me, ask me. I wouldn't presume to speak for anyone else.
I responded with my opinion of those policies. My expectation was that you'd respond in kind as to why those policies are good.

Simply stating what you're pleased with doesn't explain why you support those policies.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Who knew that it could all fall apart so fast.
At the start of the year, economists predicted an economic slump ahead. President Trump’s already low approval ratings were plunging. The Mueller report would threaten his presidency. And Democrats, we were told, would be driving the agenda for the next two years over a crippled presidency.

It’s four months later and, if anything, the opposite has occurred on every front.

The economy appears to be gaining strength. Trump’s approval rating is rising. The Mueller report was a dud. And House Democrats are fighting among themselves.

And the Icing on the Cake. They are arguing over impeaching Trump for crimes committed by Democrats. They look like a big bunch of Bozos. (no offense to real clowns)

Is This The Perfect Storm For Trump Haters?

heck the trump haters have been predicting an economic collapse since before trump won the nomination if he won the election.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
heck the trump haters have been predicting an economic collapse since before trump won the nomination if he won the election.

This includes the absolutely deranged nobel pryze winning economist Paul Krugman who gets paid by the NYT.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post
There is a good reason why he's holding a rally there: He's not doing well there. In fact he's polling poorly in pretty much all of the midwestern states that went for him in 2016. If that trend continues he will lose.

That same source said Hillary Clinton would win there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies