Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 12:29 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Seriously.

Just laughing at the stupid crap Liberals spout and do, is now HATE SPEECH.

We all knew it was coming. Fascist will be in charge, no matter what. ""Silence them! They are too dangerous to our lies.""
Link or it's fake news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2019, 12:30 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I'm just repeating what the right parrots on about on a daily basis.
If you think they're weak, that's not really my problem. They're not my phrases.
The left can't meme. They can't even insult very well. See above ^^.

Old 05-05-2019, 12:36 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Twitter can create any rules they want, and ban anything they want, but it does not make it hate speech. Hate speech is defined by law.
You think Twitter just woke up one day and decided to ban "learn to code"???

Many, many, many butthurt journalists cried to Jack to "make it stop"!

Old 05-05-2019, 12:39 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The left can't meme. They can't even insult very well. See above ^^.
I completely agree with you. We don't insult very well. Insulting people isn't something to be proud of. Shocking I know.

I've never had a rational argument with anyone that thinks that insulting your opponent is a good way forward in a discussion.

Old 05-05-2019, 12:47 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I completely agree with you. We don't insult very well. Insulting people isn't something to be proud of. Shocking I know.

I've never had a rational argument with anyone that thinks that insulting your opponent is a good way forward in a discussion.
Then why do liberals constantly call names, shout down, make fun of looks and want to ban anyone who has ideas different than their own?

Old 05-05-2019, 12:47 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Lefites:

https://twitter.com/CarpeDonktum/sta...45199068114949

Let's see:

Trumpf, Drumpf, Orange Man, Cheetoh, toothless, uneducated, losers, go after their sisters, marry their cousins, hate the poor, all live on welfare, have all the money and hoard it, white, white male, racists, bigots, xenophobes, homophobes, islamaphobes, nazis, white supremacists....spare me your nonsense.

The left only thinks they are of a higher moral standard. The left only thinks they are fighting some righteous war. In reality, the left, the party of the KKK, the racist party, the ones who take money from the poor, who make lives harder for the poor, who want illegals into this country for no other reason than to gain and keep power because they are control freaks, are, in fact, the complete opposite of righteous and moral. And that's the CD watered down version. I'm not allowed to tell you exactly what I think of the left, on this forum.

You not liking that I'm laughing at the left means absolutely nothing to me.
Is that why your posting a riposte here?

Old 05-05-2019, 12:48 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have to give Putin and the Russian hackers credit, they have done a superb job of dividing this country. In all my years, I have never seen us so divided and so anxious to consider the other side as stupid , wrong, illiterate, and the enemy. We on the left do it too. I am as guilty as the rest of you.

What happened to us all being just Americans who disagree with someone else? The last time I saw this country come together was 9/11, for a short while, we were brothers and sisters, all outraged at what happened and standing together.

Now, we take great delight in calling our fellow Americans ugly names and worse. Putin, if you are listening, great job. You didn't have to fire one shot to weaken our country, you did it with a keyboard.
So, Putin and Russian hackers not only stole the election from Clinton, they're als the reason you consider the other side as stupid , wrong, illiterate, and the enemy ?

Old 05-05-2019, 01:03 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have to give Putin and the Russian hackers credit, they have done a superb job of dividing this country. In all my years, I have never seen us so divided and so anxious to consider the other side as stupid , wrong, illiterate, and the enemy. We on the left do it too. I am as guilty as the rest of you.

What happened to us all being just Americans who disagree with someone else? The last time I saw this country come together was 9/11, for a short while, we were brothers and sisters, all outraged at what happened and standing together.

Now, we take great delight in calling our fellow Americans ugly names and worse. Putin, if you are listening, great job. You didn't have to fire one shot to weaken our country, you did it with a keyboard.
Have you actually taken a look at the stuff put out by the Russians? The vast majority of it is child-like and just plain weird. It's NOT the stuff of a good meme.

As for the "delight in calling our fellow Americans ugly names", that's not what a meme is. Most of the time, it's not even political. Here. Check the comments with photos.

https://twitter.com/DanaPerino/statu...04647220158464

Old 05-05-2019, 01:04 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Then why do liberals constantly call names, shout down, make fun of looks and want to ban anyone who has ideas different than their own?

What are you arguing in favor of now?
I just agreed that liberals are not good at insulting people.
Are you arguing for the position that we are good at insulting people?
Because you guys can't have it both ways.

Old 05-05-2019, 01:13 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
So, Putin and Russian hackers not only stole the election from Clinton, they're als the reason you consider the other side as stupid , wrong, illiterate, and the enemy ?

You need to put on your reading glasses. That is not what I said at all. Try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies