Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 10:30 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I am not remotely religious yet I know that when you have an abortion you are ending a human life. This is a scientific fact. How do you explain me?
Sometimes children who are here are neglected or don't receive the healthcare they need and they end up dying too. How are we addressing that issue?

Old 05-18-2019, 10:30 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
The problem with the whole "a fetus is not human being" argument is that the pro-choice crowd applies it only to abortions. Mother assaulted while pregnant and loses baby? Charge the offender with murder. Also, have you ever known a woman who has miscarried? Their grief is very real and heartbreaking to witness. I suppose the pro-choice crowd finds this grief baffling, since there was no loss of human life, just some extraneous tissue.

Nope. Many pregnancies were not about choice. They were wanted all along and it was joyous news when the pregnancy was confirmed. So it's easy to understand the grief should a miscarry end things.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:31 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
We're not.

We're pro-choice.

They are anti-choice.

Don't get it twisted.

Amen to that!

People who are pro-choice believe that women have the basic human right to decide when and whether to have children, based on their own moral and religious beliefs, even though they themselves may not choose abortion as an option for an unplanned pregnancy.

Anti-choice people believe women's bodies, rights, and health should be subordinated to the protection of embryos.

Anti-choice people often call themselves “pro-life.” But the only existence they are concerned with is a fertilized egg, embryo, or fetus. They are much less concerned about the life of women who have unintended pregnancies or the welfare of children after they are born. In fact, many anti-choice people who call themselves “pro-life” support capital punishment and oppose child welfare legislation.

Most anti-choice and anti-women's rights crusaders and so called pro-lifers have vindictive, self-righteous attitudes that stem from a belief that sex is bad and must be punished. They sanctimoniously call themselves pro-life with no respect for the real living and breathing human woman. Motherhood should never be punishment for having sex. Forcing a child to be born to punish its mother is the ultimate in child abuse. Those so called pro-lifers trivialize motherhood and childbirth by dismissing pregnancy as a mere
inconvenience. Many ignore or belittle the needs of the woman and the conflict she endures in making her decision.

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What does my point have to do with hanging with losers or getting out more? Oh, you mean a child is important until it gets here. Got it.
That's your opinion not mine.

I believe that ALL children should be taken care of once born. PERIOD. If sorry mommy and daddy won't do it, we MUST.

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Per the words of "supposedly" pro-life Republican office holders in Missouri, they are also PRO-CONSENSUAL RAPE and PRO-LEGITIMATE RAPE.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:32 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I am not remotely religious yet I know that when you have an abortion you are ending a human life. This is a scientific fact. How do you explain me?
And what is your take on fertility clinics? They have fully fertilized eggs....100% that would turn into human beings, but they only put one back in.

Should every couple that gets help from a fertility clinic become an "onto-parent"?

What do you "know" about that?

I know that throwing my sperm away....and all those eggs my wife has tossed over the years....could have all created many more lives. Therefore, I "destroyed" all that potential. What do you "know" about that?

I explain you as someone who doesn't understand that we each could easily create 100's or thousands of human lives....

In 100 years you will be telling us when we scratch our skin and expel life cells...which will be able to be made into full copies of ourselves...that we are guilty of capital crimes.

Birth Control? You must know things about that. Isn't that ending many lives? Or many close chances at lives?

The Priests have spoken out against Birth Control for centuries....didn't you listen?

Old 05-18-2019, 10:33 AM

18,726 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Many of these "supposedly" pro-life people could care less about children after they leave the womb. They would rather mandate they are born and then later starve them to death.
Because a whole lot of supposed "pro-lifers" are genuinely "anti-sex." Witness how quickly the discussion can degenerate into "She can choose to keep her legs closed" sorts of comments. Actually, anti-sex in women's lives. No mention of men.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:33 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
That's your opinion not mine.

I believe that ALL children should be taken care of once born. PERIOD. If sorry mommy and daddy won't do it, we MUST.
I'm glad you feel that way. Not everyone does. Especially some policymakers.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
We're not.

We're pro-choice.

They are anti-choice.

Don't get it twisted.
Pro-Murder is not as appealing.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Yup. The good news is that we are winning the debate on this issue. The anti-science liberals can continue to deny that a fetus is not a human being, but science has proven them wrong.
IF a fetus is a human being - then child support should start at conception.

Birth certificates should be issued at conception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies