Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2019, 07:37 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,514,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
People are going to support who they want to support. And they have their reasons for doing so.
Hello,fancy seeing you here ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 07:48 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Hello,fancy seeing you here ....
Like I said before. I asked you some questions in another thread. Either man up and answer those questions, or quit replying to me altogether. The only thing you're doing is making yourself look very petulant and ignorant.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:25 PM

926 posts, read 417,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The voting patterns of African Americans are amusingly self-destructive, but they won't change anytime soon.
I wouldn't say that it is amusing, as the consequences are often quite serious, but yes it's definitely self-destructive.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:

And to be brutally blunt, Black Americans do worse than any other group regardless of who is in charge. It doesn't matter who is in charge. Neither political party is doing that much for Black people. Black Americans are going to pick whom they feel who hates them less. And so far, alot of Blacks don't see any use in voting for a Republican. Tulsa is a Republican city. Omaha is a Republican city. Alot of Black people in both cities live in the ghettos where the crime, violence and bad schools are located.
Detroit is a Democratic city. Chicago is a Democratic city. A lot of Black people in both cities live in... live in... wait, how do a lot of Black folks live in these very blue cities?

I don't know if you're familiar with Chicago, but tens of thousands of Blacks used to live in horrid places like the Robert Taylor Homes, Cabrini Green or Stateway Gardens apartments. This went on for decades under mayors Kennelly, Daley (father), Bilandic, Birme, Washington, Orr, Sawyer and Daley (son). All of them, Democrats.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:45 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,363,103 times
Quote:
No they do not. The Philippines and Russia do seem to like Trump.
That may have a lot with their leaders cozying up to Trump, or vice versa.

You'll notice that many of the national heads of state that Trump seems to like cozying up to are authoritarians - like Duerte, Putin, Bolsonaro (Brazil).

The one exception is Israel - because institutionally, Israeli electoral politics is extremely fractured - and Bibi has to hold together a coalition. However, Trump, unlike previous US presidents, has given Bibi pretty much a blank check without much in return in terms of policies to negotiate over. Is it no wonder why Israelis may be favorably disposed?

Old 05-21-2019, 02:47 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times
Black people do not support Trump. In fact, most of the voting public don't support Trump. We saw that in 2016 when the other candidate received 3 million more votes. We saw it during the 2018 midterms when the folks that didn't vote in 2016 came out in record numbers for Democrats. We also see it now that he has low approval ratings given a good economy.

It doesn't fit the agenda of the radical right so they want folks to explain it to them a dozen times to make sense. Thank you, President Obama, for fueling the economy for the past 8 years. Like Biden said during his campaign rally in PA. Trump inherited the good economy just as he inherits everything.
The man has the worst cabinet in modern history with the likes of DeVos, Mnuchin and Carson.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
I wouldn't say that it is amusing, as the consequences are often quite serious, but yes it's definitely self-destructive.
If that’s the case, you should be happy.

What you mean by self destructive is that they won’t do what you demand that they do.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
It's a free country so I'll talk about what I choose to talk about. The voting patterns of African Americans are amusingly self-destructive, but they won't change anytime soon. You're a good example of that.
Why are you telling us? Why not go on a crusade where you go around the country telling blacks who they should vote for? Go straight into the different black communities and preach it!! They’ll be quite receptive.

African Americans need your personal guidance about elections. They await your evangelical fervor.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If that’s the case, you should be happy.

What you mean by self destructive is that they won’t do what you demand that they do.
Euh... no. Why should I be happy if people are being self-destructive? I usually like other people - seeing others suffer does not make me happy.

And I certainly don't demand anyone to do anything or to vote one way or the other. Your comment is a bit strange. I don't demand Black Detroiters to vote for a Republican team that would fix their city. They vote for whoever they want. However, when they are suffering as a result of their poor choices, it does not make me happy. Why would it?

Old 05-21-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Hilarious. Trump shouldn't even bother trying to do things in a bipartisan fashion. Look at what he gets from partisan hacks - derision.
Obama got the same. Why does Trump deserve better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies