Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 03:03 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Thanks for answering. If it's not libral I don't think the masses of blacks want to hear it. I said something against about Rev. Wright and I still keep getting "beatings" because of it. It seems the masses of blacks want to continue to perpetuate the very things that are holding us back.
And here lays the reason for your getting "beatings" for being a conservative; it is your elitism, your "better than thou" attitude, that--and that alone--is what earns you the ire of black people. The problem is not your politics, it is your personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 03:15 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
I've always thought that blacks call Condaleeza Rice a sell out and living in the big house, to be absolutely hateful. Why can't she be a conservative? I hate Bush, don't get me wrong, and I wish she hadn't tied her career to him, but can she get no respect at all for going where no other Black woman has ever gone? If she served under Clinton, would she be a hero to black people everywhere?
With all due respect, MamaShay87, this is what I find to be narrow minded.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:22 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
I am a white liberal. Why any black would want to be a con is beyond me. That is kind of like joining the Klan isn't it? The conservatives only pretend to like blacks but in reality they don't like you. Not at all!

Old 04-13-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I've always thought that blacks call Condaleeza Rice a sell out and living in the big house, to be absolutely hateful. Why can't she be a conservative?
Black people don't like Condoleeza Rice because she's a liar, a thief and a murderer, just like her boss George Bush. It's got little to do with her conservatism, since many black people are at heart conservatives also.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:35 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I am a white liberal. Why any black would want to be a con is beyond me. That is kind of like joining the Klan isn't it? The conservatives only pretend to like blacks but in reality they don't like you. Not at all!
Alan Keyes and other intellectual blacks that realize what the democrats are doing to the black people would disagree. Dumbing down the standards for blacks to get into college and gain employment and increasing welfare benefits makes blacks subordinate to the charitable hands of the "compassionate" white man. I say screw that. I say we get beyond the skin color and pick the best man or woman for the job. I say we carry out MLK's dream. I saw we empower blacks by raising the bar for them. I say we put an end to abortion that disproportionately targets black Americans. I say blacks should listen to the words of wisdom coming from the mouth of bill cosby. If a white man were to say what he said about the black community, he'd receive a PR lynching. I'm a conservative because I believe in my fellow man regardless of skin color.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Many black people are already conservatives. Yes, they're Democrats. The Democrats and Republicans are basically the same party. They just look different, but they aren't. Liberal Democrats are actually the center of the political spectrum, many blacks aren't on the "liberal wing" of the Democratic party, they are either in the center or the right, which puts them in the conservative camp.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:40 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
From what I understand Blacks did start off in the Republican Party and this has been my reason for studying to find out the history of how, when, and why we changed parties.

Yes, this is true. Wikipedia is not an official word i'm sure, but it did have a write up on when the switch happened and why:

African Americans in the United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-13-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Many black people are already conservatives. Yes, they're Democrats. The Democrats and Republicans are basically the same party. They just look different, but they aren't. Liberal Democrats are actually the center of the political spectrum, many blacks aren't on the "liberal wing" of the Democratic party, they are either in the center or the right, which puts them in the conservative camp.
The Democrats at least make some efforts to help the black people. The Republicans only help themselves.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Alan Keyes and other intellectual blacks that realize what the democrats are doing to the black people would disagree. Dumbing down the standards for blacks to get into college and gain employment and increasing welfare benefits makes blacks subordinate to the charitable hands of the "compassionate" white man. I say screw that. I say we get beyond the skin color and pick the best man or woman for the job. I say we carry out MLK's dream. I saw we empower blacks by raising the bar for them. I say we put an end to abortion that disproportionately targets black Americans. I say blacks should listen to the words of wisdom coming from the mouth of bill cosby. If a white man were to say what he said about the black community, he'd receive a PR lynching. I'm a conservative because I believe in my fellow man regardless of skin color.
Bill Cosby is a Democrat. You do know that? And I agree with him 100%. I am against giving preferences to people just because they are black. I do not think that, if Rice, Oprah or Cosby has a kid that he or she should get preference over the kid of a white factory worker or waitress. Most of us feel the same way. The problem is that conservatives don't want to help the poor people whether they are white or black. They don't believe in helping anybody but themselves.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:00 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Uh-oh. You must be a libral. Can you answer the questions?

I always hear about it, but apparently somebody forgot to send me the memo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies