Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2019, 10:12 AM

42,876 posts, read 26,434,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Actually he found insufficient evidence of obstruction, but don’t let that stop you.
Really? Here's the transcript, please show us where it says that

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/29/186442...rks-transcript
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,351 posts, read 4,454,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It's nothing short of unbelievable how daft some people can be.

He was not charged with a crime because Mueller was not allowed to charge him with a crime.

That's it. It had nothing to do with the evidence. Zero, zilch, nada.
I get that he couldn't "charge" Trump with a crime, as any prosecutor can when a crime is committed. But, why did he not just come out and say, "Because of the rules and guidelines I can not charge a sitting president. However, we have found sufficient evidence and this matter should be addressed at a later date."
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

9,254 posts, read 3,604,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Actually he found insufficient evidence of obstruction, but don’t let that stop you.
Really? Where is that found in the report?

Given that he expressly stated that he would have concluded the Trump did not commit a crime if he was confident that was the case, you cannot possibly believe that there was insufficient evidence to show Trump committed a crime.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:13 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,198,404 times
How many federal prosecutors are we up to who say Trump would be charged if he were anyone else on Earth? Over 1,000 now?

Old 05-29-2019, 10:15 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,310,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
And here we face the curious and disturbing reality that a sitting President can face a legal investigation showing criminal activity and yet will not face a court of law to determine guilt or innocence. No other person in this country enjoys such immunity. The President of the United States enjoys unlimited privilege like a medieval king or despot and is above the law that all other Americans are subject to.
Most have not abused that power as much as Trump. Now that we see that a real estate developer/tv host could not care less what the law is, as he has always ignored it and has no knowledge of it, it's time to fix the law.

"...after that investigation, if we had confidence the President did not commit a crime, we would have said so. We did not say so..."

Old 05-29-2019, 10:16 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,711,854 times
If Mueller gets a subpoena and testifies in congress under oath and doesn't answer question that aren't covered in his report he would be obstructing congress !!! There could be a criminal referral to the DOJ on Mueller.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:18 AM

669 posts, read 322,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
His body language said a lot and we are not talking much about that.

Then again, I don't suppose many people notice such things. When he walked away he was hunched over.....

Just that I realize it takes all types...and he is honorable although a member of the Establishment.
I think what you're seeing is a cover man. I mean, it was Weismann who basically ran the operation, hired the people, wrote it out. I think Mueller was chosen due to his credibility. Rosenstein chose him with almost no regard, as if he knew that was the plan already put in place, and Wesiman would be installed. I mean they already had a plan to take out Sessions.

IMO, Meuller knows there was a lot of shady things done in this investigation i.e. they didn't even have a Grand Jury for Flynn at the time of the interview, Comey even refuted that Flynn perjured, so the action by the Special Counsel that someone perjured is pretty interesting and very uncoventional. Normally, they would go back and question under oath.

I mean, that means an FBI agent can ask someone for directions, and if that person answered without putting much thought into it, can be retroactively charged for obstructing when normally, they are told to answer truthfully and a grand jury of a specific criminal investigation has already opened. Not in the initial discussion phase of an investigation. Just so happens they put the boots to Flynn's son that Flynn just did whatever it took to make it go away. Alot of things like that, if Mueller was put on the stand and questioned by Republicans, Mueller would look bad.
  • Weisman being chosen and kept on despite very biased messages to Yates cheerleading her for not following Trump's orders on immigration. Mueller knows he doesn't have a proper answer for why someone like that would be chosen, let alone to run the entire operation.
  • The Dossier was dismissed and you confirmed it yourself, yet you continued to use that as the basis of the investigation, despite irregularities.

There's a bunch more. That also explains why Nadler and the Dems are giving Mueller a free pass to a large degree on the testimony. Mueller is saying to the Dems "listen, you can try to focus on that obstruction part, but the Republicans are going to hammer many other areas of the investigation that's going to look bad. There are also subsequent developments that have occurred that will also make our investigation look bias. Alot of material that was exculpatory we hid and can't be properly explained away".

IMO, Mueller's testimony may also land him in hot water later on as Durham's investigation leads to those exculpatory evidence being suppressed.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:18 AM

20,907 posts, read 9,620,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
I get that he couldn't "charge" Trump with a crime, as any prosecutor can when a crime is committed. But, why did he not just come out and say, "Because of the rules and guidelines I can not charge a sitting president. However, we have found sufficient evidence and this matter should be addressed at a later date."
He all but did say that.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:19 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,409,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
And here we face the curious and disturbing reality that a sitting President can face a legal investigation showing criminal activity and yet will not face a court of law to determine guilt or innocence. No other person in this country enjoys such immunity. The President of the United States enjoys unlimited privilege like a medieval king or despot and is above the law that all other Americans are subject to.
Right? As much bragging the world has had to endure about America having the best political system in the world , I now realize that it is also a big lie. The Electoral college and not being able to get rid of a corrupt president is kind of hard to brag about.
The USA has been found to not wear any clothing.

One thing can be said about Trump , he sure has opened the eyes of the world to
how corrupt this country really is.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:19 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,493,052 times
Transcript | Voice of America:

Two years ago, the Acting Attorney General asked me to serve as Special Counsel, and he created the Special Counsel’s Office.

The appointment order directed the office to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. This included investigating any links or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump campaign.

I have not spoken publicly during our investigation. I am speaking today because our investigation is complete. The Attorney General has made the report on our investigation largely public. And we are formally closing the Special Counsel’s Office. As well, I am resigning from the Department of Justice and returning to private life.

I’ll make a few remarks about the results of our work. But beyond these few remarks, it is important that the office’s written work speak for itself.

Let me begin where the appointment order begins: and that is interference in the 2016 presidential election.

As alleged by the grand jury in an indictment, Russian intelligence officers who were part of the Russian military launched a concerted attack on our political system.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-29-2019 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: too long copy and paste
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies