Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 05:08 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Most of those in the mainstream left want a single payer health care system, fair and just labor law, a better education system based on the reality that everyone isn't college material, while recognizing that everyone does indeed need to make a living, there's more but that's the main direction the left wants to go in.

The extreme left doesn't deserve our consideration any more than the extreme right. Most of America actually agrees on what constitutes the important issues, but often don't agree on the direction of potential fixes. Reading the MSM accounts of both extremes would make one believe we are irrevocably polarized and therefore heading straight to hell, but that isn't really a valid picture of us, and a lot of us know that but can't persuade the media to report the truth. Extremists dominate the media, and we should learn to discuss things better, or simply turn this nation over to the extremists, to the media's delight..
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
the left wants livable wages and healthcare that's affordable
What I hear from my Dem friends
1) Universal health insurance
2) AGW
3) Minimum wage increase
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 05:12 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
I think most of us would agree that as a general rule, conservatives are comfortable with things as they are, whereas most of the issues favored by the progressive advocacy would require action by the legislative branch and/or the public sector in some form.

So I'd like to ask the guys and gals over on the other side of the divide what's most important to them, and how they would attain those goals.

And also, as with most of us here over on thee right side of the split, are there parts of the broad-spectrum conservative ideology you can live with?
Sanity and dignity to return to the White House. This little social experiment failed bigly, time to get someone in there, Republican OR Democrat, who can fix what the current buffoon has caused.

That's pretty much it.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:36 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
What I hear from my Dem friends
1) Universal health insurance
2) AGW
3) Minimum wage increase
Simply, more slavery.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:42 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
They only want division where people are afraid to leave their homes, talk with their neighbors, fear to speak up and advocate for peaceful neighborhoods to grow up in because children are inherently racist unless they're impoverished or impoverished and brown. Safe communities are the antithesis to the left who value anarchy and despair just because everyone is more "equal" to the various leftist factions that can't stop pointing the finger to whoever isn't part of the groupthink, the most obvious person who's different from you for the responsibility of your woes. A world where everyone is preyed on by drug dealers offering the cheapest fix to escape the hellish reality the left calls utopian.

I can't even begin to tell you how utterly uninformed you are about progressives. But you wouldn't listen even if I tried to educate you so I'll just let you wallow in your ignorance.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
When I was in left field my main hope was that the sun wouldn't be in my eyes.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:55 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It’s slavery when you force one group of people at gunpoint to pay for another group’s living expenses, healthcare, education and child rearing.
Listen up, no one is holding a gun to your head...Period.. You live in the United States of America because you CHOOSE to. No one is requiring your presence here, no one is stopping you from leaving, but you choose to stay, and then complain. And by your incessant complaining you completely dismiss the fact that millions around the globe want to come here to better themselves, to have a better life for their children, to have a real home, to live in a land of laws, all the things you already have, and still you complain about an imaginary gun held to your head?

Old 06-11-2019, 10:06 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Simply, more slavery.

Your already a slave and didn't know it per your definition.
Medicare
Social Security
Public Schools
ER's "HAVE" to Treat people (Where is their choice?)
Insurance runs Healthcare (Why do I even order stuff if insurance rejects it anyway)
Taxes to bail out farmers
Taxes to bail out people in the mid-west living in flood plains (personal responsibility anyone)
Minimum Wage, People should just deal with it
Medicaid covering old people in retirement homes (Not my Grandma Not my Problem)
Military Spending (I could care less if China blows up Japan, they didn't attack us)
FBI
CIA
Congress (Did you see Mitch McConnell steal my tax dollars from Florida and send to Kentucky)
Public Transportation
Port Authority
Border Patrol
Police
ATF
ATC

Just to name a few.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:13 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
I think most of us would agree that as a general rule, conservatives are comfortable with things as they are, whereas most of the issues favored by the progressive advocacy would require action by the legislative branch and/or the public sector in some form.

So I'd like to ask the guys and gals over on the other side of the divide what's most important to them, and how they would attain those goals.

And also, as with most of us here over on thee right side of the split, are there parts of the broad-spectrum conservative ideology you can live with?
Actually what Trump is doing is what democrats claim they want to do.

Halt illegal immigration.

Dems claim a wall isn't going to help. Well guess what, we all know that. Trump is offering not just a wall but the entire constellation of laws, technology, personnel along with a wall. the dems and their propaganda machine want us to believe trump's answer to illegal entry is just a wall. Dems are are very good at spreading lies and couldn't do it without a propaganda machine.

Bringing back a 'free press'

Investigating Russian, China, NK, Iran, et al interference and thievery of government data. and actually taking action to stop it. Unlike Obama who let the Russians have their way until Hillary lost.

Step one program releasing people from prison

Economy on fire

Pay increases

jobs galore

UE meets definition of full employment

trump waved his magic wand, which Obama said trump didn't have, to revitalize manufacturing jobs

Headway on the VA, which Hillary and aoc said was not broken

prompted EU to pony up to bolster NATO's coffers, much to Putin's dismay

Russia on its heels from US energy sales to countries formerly obligated to Russia for their energy.

Trump has been making deals saving us trillions of dollars

Made us energy independent, a long sought after goal for many administrations

fulfilled the promise to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, something Obama, bush and Clinton campaigned on and never delivered

meanwhile we lead the world in taking in
migrants
emission reductions
green energy research

Old 06-11-2019, 10:23 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We want what’s best for the country. Nothing more.

We think our prescription is superior to the folks on the other side. Hell, we KNOW it’s better.
The left side is welfare , not job creation, killing babies in the womb, infanticide, drugs pouring over killing thousands a year in all races , anti-Christian, anti- moral. This is going backward into the ancient days of old. Liberals want more drugs, more abortions, take your guns for your home protection against those drug addicts looking to rob anybody with home invaders

Opened borders, Anti-American, anti-God, anti-moral, and full of hate toward those who want a decent lifestyle without drugs who believe in morals, believe in God and try in this life to always do what is right, moral , righteous with respect for self and their family. They hate the right, they hate Trump , their god is themselves, their own pleasures without caring for anyone else.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:26 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
We want what’s best for the country. Nothing more.
Pfffft people want what's best for themselves.

Quote:
We think our prescription is superior to the folks on the other side. Hell, we KNOW it’s better.
Yet your big government polices ALWAYS fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies