Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times

Advertisements

Well, in keeping with the spirit of this thread, buying arms may not be of much use. Should the Government decide to herd you up and fence you in (yeah, right) they would probably not send a person to go and "get" you:

Photo Gallery: Killers on Tracks - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 10:47 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
A very good reason why citizens not only have a right to be armed but a reason they need to armed with military weapons and organized into local militias that will have a chance at preventing some demonic federal over government from establishing a totalitarian Amerika.

Or are we already too late.
A couple of observations here...

"demonic"?
"Amerika?"

That's a bit over the top, I think.

On a more analytical note - While it is clear that we as a people must always be on guard that our government does not overstep it's bounds, it should always be remembered that ANY action involving a revolt against an existing government (whatever government that may) must be undertaken ONLY under the most dire circumstances and utmost provocation - and ONLY after all other options have been exhausted.

The thing to keep in mind is that once you open that Pandora's Box and let loose the evils within, it is almost impossible to seal them back up. At that point, the world that you know will be changed forever in almost every single way - and there is no guarentee at all that the end result will not be infinitely worse than what you were revolting against in the first place.

The fact is, civil war, once it starts, is almost impossible to end and generally EVERYONE loses. One need only look at what happened to France after the Revolution, or Yugoslavia after its breakup, or what is still happening in Iraq today to understand that internal warfare is very very nasty, and very very difficult to end. Realistically anyone entering into such an endevor can reasonably expect their loved ones to end up paying the ultimate price.

The fact is, there are few things that compare to internal warfare when it comes to creating sheer misery among a given population.

And unfortunately, such warfare is sooooooooo easy to start and sooooooooo insanely difficult to end.

Ken

Old 04-15-2008, 02:49 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,115,379 times
A civil war ended slavery, I don't see too many people complaining about that...

Violence should always be a last resort, but how many people do you think would resist if someone (or a machine) was sent to get them...what types of people do you think would willingly go along?

Old 04-15-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
A civil war ended slavery, I don't see too many people complaining about that...

Violence should always be a last resort, but how many people do you think would resist if someone (or a machine) was sent to get them...what types of people do you think would willingly go along?
Indeed it did - and I'm not complaining.

What I don't like is the fact that I see/hear wayyyyyyy too many justifiying what would surely become a complete breakdown of any form of reasonable civilization because of stupid points like "we're having too many Mexicans move in" or "I don't like the way my money is spent on welfare", or "I don't want socialized medicine forced down my throat".

Such people have NO CLUE as to what horror is unleashed upon the outbreak of civil war. Kiss everything you know goodbye upon such conditions. Kiss away your liberties (at least for the duration) - and if folks think they have no liberties now, just wait until some rag-tag militia storms into your house, demands that you put them up for the night, feed them and maybe have your spouse "entertain" them.

These are the kinds of things that happen during internal warfare.

It is an ugly, ugly, ugly business and far too many clearly uneducated posters here seem to have no idea of what they would be unleashing.

If government troops were barging in, routinely siezing property and imprisoning or executing innocent people then I'd say "yeah, resistance is necessary" - but to promote such actions because you don't like the way the budget is being handled or the fact that your neighbors are gay or even that you are finding too many illegal immigrants in your town or city is wayyyyyyyyy too much of an extreme reaction.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 04-15-2008 at 03:24 PM..

Old 04-15-2008, 03:07 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,115,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Indeed it did - and I'm not complaining.

What I don't like is the fact that I see/here wayyyyyyy too many justifiying what would surely become a complete breakdown of any form of reasonable civilization because of stupid points like "we're having too many Mexicans move in" or "I don't like the way my money is spent on welfare", or "I don't want socialized medicine forced down my throat".

Such people have NO CLUE as to what horror is unleashed upon the outbreak of civil war. Kiss everything you know goodbye upon such conditions. Kiss away your liberties (at least for the duration) - and if folks think they have no liberties now, just wait until some rag-tag militia storms into your house, demands that you put them up for the night, feed them and maybe have your spouse "entertain" them.

These are the kinds of things that happen during internal warfare.

It is an ugly, ugly, ugly business and far too many clearly uneducated posters here seem to have no idea of what they would be unleashing.

If government troops were barging in, routinely siezing property and imprisoning or executing innocent people then I'd say "yeah, resistance is necessary" - but to promote such actions because you don't like the way the budget is being handled or the fact that your neighbors are gay or even that you are finding too many illegal immigrants in your town or city is wayyyyyyyyy too much of an extreme reaction.

Ken

I agree, if the government (military) was "taking over" my town...I think that's a pretty good reason to take up arms...not because you're unsure if your hispanic neighbors are legal immigrants.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I agree, if the government (military) was "taking over" my town...I think that's a pretty good reason to take up arms...not because you're unsure if your hispanic neighbors are legal immigrants.
Hey! Agreement.

I LIKE it!!!!

Ken

Old 08-27-2008, 02:01 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
A very good reason why citizens not only have a right to be armed but a reason they need to armed with military weapons and organized into local militias that will have a chance at preventing some demonic federal over government from establishing a totalitarian Amerika.

Or are we already too late.
I'm curious if the 800 FEMA concentration camps are still around, how many people Bush and others are going to murder, you know...just looking for an update as to when they are going to do this?

Would there be any people in the government that would seek to warn us about such a thing happening or are they all part of the plan to murder so many? Do you think they could warn us or would they be stopped?

Just curious to hear your thoughts on this and why it's ok to accuse people of things like this with little or no proof. It's a good thing people aren't easily offended around here.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:07 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
There over 800 prison camps in the United States, all fully operational and ready to receive prisoners. They are all staffed and even surrounded by full-time guards, but they are all empty.

Friends of Liberty - FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMPS: Locations and Executive Orders
I don't really buy this, but it would be a bad idea to try to take me. I have several high power assault rifles and they'd likely lose several law enforcement officials before losing me as potential a concentration camp resident. It would be lose lose for the government. There are others, many others, who would replicate my patriotic duty.

Well, I guess I'd lose something too

Old 08-27-2008, 02:25 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
There may be something to it. They managed to keep 14,000 families from Katrina in FEMA housing.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:45 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I don't really buy this, but it would be a bad idea to try to take me. I have several high power assault rifles and they'd likely lose several law enforcement officials before losing me as potential a concentration camp resident. It would be lose lose for the government. There are others, many others, who would replicate my patriotic duty.

Well, I guess I'd lose something too

For the first time, those of us who are patriotic pacifists will thank you for your service as a willing and well-trained militiaman, defending us against enemies without (of which there are none) and within (of which there are plenty).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies