Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2019, 06:51 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I go back and forth on which mindset is worse.

Since I'm suppose to be on Team Blue, demographically speaking, I'll always have a special hatred in my heart for them because of how much crap they've given me for not sitting, rolling over, and giving them my paw on demand.

Team Red though...(deep sigh). These cats, in theory, can apply natural law and its principles on occasion which sort of gets your hopes up that they can eventually see the light. But as you know it never lasts. When the going gets tough they run back to Uncle Sam and ask for their blankie and pacifier.
Looks like to you, being a slave is better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 07:38 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Looks like to you, being a slave is better.
I don't know what this means.

I shall blame my lack of understanding from being a lowly government indoctrination center graduate as is my customary approach.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:42 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
tired of hearing this BS propaganda

anti-government corporate prostitutes keep belting out the same line

Suggesting that the government has a gun pointed at your head and you are a slave to tax tyranny!

"Pay your taxes or else" is some of the most ridiculous propaganda I've ever heard in my life

Here's a great way to crush the argument...

If there's 10 people on a island archipelago and you get together to build a shelter from the storms you have acted in concert to better your situation

when a storm comes along and destroys your shelter you have to work again in concert to rebuild it

Those of you that don't want to pay your taxes are simply freeloaders that don't want to do your fair share of the labor

you want to go have a coconut instead of helping the group rebuild the shelter as it is the duty of all able-bodied individuals on the island

Naturally some will have better resources than others

Some will have better tools and resources and thus will be more able to contribute to society

others may be hurt while fixing the shelter and they should be cared for untill they are recovered

Caring for The Young, the old and the sick is the duty of the strong and fit...

If someone able to contribute chooses not to contribute they should NOT be allowed to use the shelter

That's civilization 101

Nobody has a gun to your head

you have the freedom to move to another island and build your OWN shelter and survive SOLO without the support of your comrades

You see these freeloaders just want the benefits of the modern civil society but don't want to pay for it

Kind of like the cousin that shows up just before the Harvest on the farm LOL

The modern Civil Society has to get built over thousands of years of hard work dedication and sacrifice

They chose to forget all the sacrifice that was made by the governmemt employees like soldiers, police, fire, ems, construction workers and general population who have given their lives paid their taxes and done their fair share over humderds of years

Whenever privileged corporate prostitutes like Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder pop off about a
"gun to your head"
They have givien away their true agenda...

Suck up to the corporations and they will pay you to spout your anti-government propaganda

The corporations want a "small" government they can buy off...

so no one can regulate them in the future as small government is weak government and thats how corporations take control of a democracy...

Propaganda 101

.... if you respond to this thread complaining that welfare recipients aren't doing their fair share
I agree with you as I oppose welfare of any kind

I believe we should have government work centers where anyone can show up and go to work for the government or Private Industry... you will not be turned away

No excuses you work and you get paid but I will not send you a check to stay home and have kids

This Thread is about whether or not the government is holding a gun to your head as corporate prostitutes like Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder espouse.

It's not a gun,
It's not a proverbial gun,
it's not kind of sort of like a gun...

Its propaganda 101
Don't pay your taxes, and refuse to allow the government to confiscate your property, then ttell us what that black piece of metal is in the holster of the people with the warrant.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:45 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:

I shall blame my lack of understanding from being a lowly government indoctrination center graduate as is my customary approach.
"Since I'm suppose to be on Team Blue, demographically speaking, I'll always have a special hatred in my heart for them because of how much crap they've given me for not sitting, rolling over, and giving them my paw on demand."

Old 06-16-2019, 09:03 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:

I find when government schooling has failed it helps to turn to the corporate media outlets to get ones mind right

Old 06-16-2019, 09:06 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
That depends where you live, but in general, brute force is the last stop.

The gun may not always be obvious.

The gun isn't always in your face.

But rest assured, the gun is always there.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:09 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Wait, so there's a burden in "discontinuing association"? And here I thought you and Frank DeForrest felt burdened by being forced into the association.

Blind chance dealt you an awesome hand by letting you be born and raised in the first world. You had nothing to do with that. Lots of other people's efforts set up the institutions you benefit from. All that's asked of you is that you contribute - or p.ss off.

Don't much cherish the idea of setting up a homestead in the wilderness? Stop the incessant whining and join civilized society.

Involuntary taxation is not the only way to run a civilized society.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:11 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
tired of hearing this BS propaganda

anti-government corporate prostitutes keep belting out the same line

Suggesting that the government has a gun pointed at your head and you are a slave to tax tyranny!

"Pay your taxes or else" is some of the most ridiculous propaganda I've ever heard in my life

Here's a great way to crush the argument...

If there's 10 people on a island archipelago and you get together to build a shelter from the storms you have acted in concert to better your situation

when a storm comes along and destroys your shelter you have to work again in concert to rebuild it

Those of you that don't want to pay your taxes are simply freeloaders that don't want to do your fair share of the labor

you want to go have a coconut instead of helping the group rebuild the shelter as it is the duty of all able-bodied individuals on the island

Naturally some will have better resources than others

Some will have better tools and resources and thus will be more able to contribute to society

others may be hurt while fixing the shelter and they should be cared for untill they are recovered

Caring for The Young, the old and the sick is the duty of the strong and fit...

If someone able to contribute chooses not to contribute they should NOT be allowed to use the shelter

That's civilization 101

Nobody has a gun to your head

you have the freedom to move to another island and build your OWN shelter and survive SOLO without the support of your comrades

You see these freeloaders just want the benefits of the modern civil society but don't want to pay for it

Kind of like the cousin that shows up just before the Harvest on the farm LOL

The modern Civil Society has to get built over thousands of years of hard work dedication and sacrifice

They chose to forget all the sacrifice that was made by the governmemt employees like soldiers, police, fire, ems, construction workers and general population who have given their lives paid their taxes and done their fair share over humderds of years

Whenever privileged corporate prostitutes like Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder pop off about a
"gun to your head"
They have givien away their true agenda...

Suck up to the corporations and they will pay you to spout your anti-government propaganda

The corporations want a "small" government they can buy off...

so no one can regulate them in the future as small government is weak government and thats how corporations take control of a democracy...

Propaganda 101

.... if you respond to this thread complaining that welfare recipients aren't doing their fair share
I agree with you as I oppose welfare of any kind

I believe we should have government work centers where anyone can show up and go to work for the government or Private Industry... you will not be turned away

No excuses you work and you get paid but I will not send you a check to stay home and have kids

This Thread is about whether or not the government is holding a gun to your head as corporate prostitutes like Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder espouse.

It's not a gun,
It's not a proverbial gun,
it's not kind of sort of like a gun...

Its propaganda 101

"tired of hearing this BS propaganda

anti-government corporate prostitutes keep belting out the same line"

Then DON'T listen to it. Problem solved!

Old 06-16-2019, 09:12 AM

1,031 posts, read 639,331 times
When someone puts a gun to your head with an intention to rob you you're not in control whether or not that gun is put to your head

When the bank shows up with seizure paperwork you are in total control of whether or not a gun shows up

you understand the difference???

let's cover that again

When someone actually puts a gun to your head with an intention to rob you you have no control over the gun

when the Bank shows up with seizure paperwork there are no guns

If you act like an insane Savage they call the police who show up with guns.... they won't Point them at you if you simply comply, UNLIKE THE ACTUAL ROBBERY YOU ARE IN TOTAL CONTROL WEATHER A GUN IS POINTED AT YOU OR NOT!!!!!

Remember the robber doesn't give you a chance to comply he points the gun at you first.....

What you people are talking about when you suggest the government has a "gun to your head" is suicide by cop

You can commit suicide by cop any day of the week any day of the year you don't need to be a tax cheat in order to do it

The fact is if you a disobey any law and push it far enough you might get shot

All the best propaganda has an element of Truth in that what you're saying is factually correct

Let's take my instance for example

When the bank people show up with the paperwork and lawyers to seize my asset IF I grab a deadly weapon and attack them they might call the police

The police will show up and give me an opportunity to surrender peacefully if I refused them and or attack them I might get shot

The fact is you can force law enforcement to resort to deadly force any day of the week any week of the year...

The suggestion that men with guns will show up and take your things if you don't pay your taxes is absolutely ridiculous propaganda

they show up with paperwork

If you refuse to cooperate or participate the police will show up to remove you

No one is going to PULL A GUN unless you resist with deadly force

If a little old lady sits down on her couch and refuses to leave IS THE GOVERNMENT going to put a gun to her head and threatened to kill her...LOL...NOPE!!!!

I don't care if you're a 350 lb combat Marine with 50 confirmed kills if you resist with violence you'll be met with violence

if you sit down on your couch and refused to leave the police will wrestle your ass out of there

if you pay your goddamn taxes and follow the law you'll keep your house

The fact is they don't put a gun to your head ever that's fake news propaganda

If you fight violently they will protect themselves just like it is the prerogative of all living things

nobody put a gun to your head...EVER!

you force them to meet your resistance with an equal and logical countervailing Force... you are in total command and control whether or not a gun shows up

Privileged American drama queens worried about having to share their inheritance...

an inheritance they would never have if they weren't born in a country where so many people had done their civic duties for so many years

Old 06-16-2019, 09:15 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Some people think "Lord of the Flies" is a good way to run a society/country.

As for the gun to head analogy, I'd like to know how the corporations (such as Amazon) removed the gun(s) to their heads, because they are paying zero taxes.
DON'T believe EVERYTHING you hear from ANY politician!

"Does Amazon pay no taxes?

Biden criticizes Amazon for not paying federal taxes in 2018. ... Amazon responded saying in a tweet that it had paid $2.6 billion in corporate taxes since 2016. “We pay every penny we owe,” Amazon said, adding: “Congress designed tax laws to encourage companies to reinvest in the American economy. We have.”3 days ago

Biden criticizes Amazon for not paying federal taxes in 2018 - Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/...amazon.../biden-criticizes-amazon-for-not-paying-federal-tax...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies