Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 09:29 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Work for Trump and get the left looking into your past... HARD.

Tides will turn and it will be leftists targeted and the crying will be equally loud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is what I was thinking plus who would want their life and the life of their family turned upside down by the Loony Lefties out there?

Imagine being insulted day after day on TV and when out in public by those Demmy Do Gooders just for being associated with Trump.

I understand why he would decline.
Boo hoo. How hard is it to hire people that aren’t abusers, molesters, liars or crooks? Apparently for trump, the lead crook, pretty freakin hard since those are the only types trump surrounds himself with. But yeah, go cry that the poor crooks are being picked on. Do you people have any principles whatsoever? Lowest of the low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 09:33 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Boo hoo. How hard is it to hire people that aren’t abusers, molesters, liars or crooks? Apparently for trump, the lead crook, pretty freakin hard since those are the only types trump surrounds himself with. But yeah, go cry that the poor crooks are being picked on. Do you people have any principles whatsoever? Lowest of the low.
Except, this one is the VICTIM.
Quote:
In court filings, Shanahan's ex-wife Kimberley accused him of hitting her during a dispute at their home in August 2010.

A police officer who responded to the dispute noted that "Patrick had a black eye and a bloody nose" and that Kimberley did not have "any visible marks" on her, though Kimberley told the officer Patrick struck her several times in the stomach, according to a police incident report.

His ex-wife, who later changed her name to Kimberly Jordinson, was arrested and charged with assault for the incident. The charges against her were later dropped.

In an unrelated incident, Jordinson was also charged in Florida in 2014, for smashing a car's front and back windshields with a sledgehammer according to a police report, but she was not convicted.
Quote:
"Though my marriage ended in sorrow and disappointment, I never laid a hand on my then-wife and cooperated fully in a thorough law enforcement investigation that resulted in her being charged with assault against me—charges which I had dropped in the interest of my family," he said.

Patrick and Kimberley's daughter Kayla Shanahan released her own statement saying: "I never once saw my father raise a hand against my mother or against his children. To the contrary, my mother has a history of domestic abuse and physical violence, victimizing my father and her children, as well as having been subject of a restraining order unrelated to our family."

Their son, Will Shanahan defended his father as a "source of stability."

"I and my brother and sister were subject to emotional and physical abuse by our mother. My father was and is the source of stability in our lives, in contrast to the constant physical and emotional trauma inflicted on us by our mother," he said in a statement.
So, yeah, this one’s been picked on. You were saying about principles.......?

Old 06-19-2019, 09:48 AM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
Well no, with abuse allegations, he chose to say no. Another piece of trash that trump defines as the best of the best.

People always assume the man is the perp. But almost half of all DV is committed by women against men.

https://time.com/2921491/hope-solo-women-violence/

Patrick Shanahan is the VICTIM of DV by his wife.

Quote:
His wife was arrested after punching him in the face
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...E6I/story.html

Old 06-19-2019, 09:48 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
It's TwoFer Tuesday in DC today. The acting SECFEF says adios and so does the woman running the CPSC.

The revolving door on Trump's administration needs Tool Time Tim to rewire the motor to make it spin ever faster as his "we got the best people" abandon the sinking SS Craptacular in pairs. Leaving in pairs is like Noah's Ark -- in reverse, LEAVING in two by two fashion.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:50 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Dang - either you guys can't read or you are so rabid against all things Trump, you can't see straight.

As Trump’s defense pick withdraws, he addresses violent domestic incidents

In the months that he has served as President Trump’s acting secretary of defense, Patrick Shanahan has worked to keep domestic violence incidents within his family private. His wife was arrested after punching him in the face, and his son was arrested after a separate incident in which he hit his mother with a baseball bat. Public disclosure of the nearly decade-old episodes would re-traumatize his young adult children, Shanahan said.

Regarding the baseball bat incident...

In November 2011, Shanahan rushed to defend his then-17-year-old son, William Shanahan, in the days after the teenager brutally beat his mother. The attack had left Patrick Shanahan’s ex-wife unconscious in a pool of blood, her skull fractured and with internal injuries that required surgery, according to court and police records.

Two weeks later, Shanahan sent his ex-wife’s brother a memo arguing that his son had acted in self-defense.

“Use of a baseball bat in self-defense will likely be viewed as an imbalance of force,” Shanahan wrote. “However, Will’s mother harassed him for nearly three hours before the incident.”

He obviously did not want to have to relive all of that in trying to get this position.
That sounds like a stable family!

Old 06-19-2019, 09:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Except, this one is the VICTIM.

So, yeah, this one’s been picked on. You were saying about principles.......?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
People always assume the man is the perp. But almost half of all DV is committed by women against men.

https://time.com/2921491/hope-solo-women-violence/

Patrick Shanahan is the VICTIM of DV by his wife.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...E6I/story.html
And why did he drop out?

Old 06-19-2019, 09:52 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Yes, people really want to be assaulted, and harassed by LEFTISTS night and day including when out trying to have dinner and relax.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:56 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
And why did he drop out?
Because he did not want all the dirty laundry aired that would hurt his children.

TOTALLY understandable.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-19-2019, 01:04 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
And why did he drop out?
Take your choice:
  • He didn’t want his now adult son drug through the news media from an event in his teen years that the kid was probably trying to put behind him.
  • He didn’t want to give his ex-wife, who frankly sounds a bit unstable, a national platform to get revenge and/or further embarrass his kids.
  • He knows there are kooks that are so rabidly partisan that they will still insist he is guilty of domestic violence, despite proof that it was the ex-wife, because he is a man.
  • He knows there people who hate the man he works for so much that they look for any target they can latch onto, and he looks like an easy target.
  • Plus, this will never die if he took the job and it’s too painful to have to continually rehash a traumatic time in his family’s life.
  • Because the distraction all this publicity creates will interfere with his ability to do the job.
Aren’t you proud to be among those who insist on punishing people simply because you somehow think they must be at fault because they had the misfortune to be married to an abusive person? Do you also blame female victims of domestic violence?

Old 06-19-2019, 02:07 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
That sounds like a stable family!
I'm sure upon applying for a job, you would tell your employer-to-be all of your past dirty laundry, right?

He is wise to have gotten as far as he could go, and stopped when he figured it would harm his kids to relive all of that publicly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies