Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2019, 08:33 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Shes nothing more than a publicity tramp trying to promote her book!

https://news.yahoo.com/writer-says-s...190337681.html
Ok, let's assume for a minute that she is actually telling exactly the truth. Would that change your opinion of Trump?

(Don't try to spin or wiggle out of this question, it is very straightforward and only requires a yes or no answer.)

Old 06-23-2019, 09:35 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
First and foremost, I am no Trump fan. With that in mind, I listened to Jean Carroll's interview this morning. Her story sounds pocked full of holes. She began by describing a rape incident she experienced - at age 52. She detailed how she ended up in a department store changeroom, women's lingerie in hand, each trying to convince the other to try on the garments, when suddenly, "the unimaginable happened." Really lady?

When asked why she never reported her alleged Trump rape to authorities she claimed being the product of a generation which kept its nose down and kept moving forward. Come on man! There was more but I'll leave it there.

I'm skeptical too but one thing that gives her some credibility is she supposedly told two friends about the incident shortly after it was supposed to have happened and the two friends have corroborated this.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:36 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Carroll is 3 years older than Trump. And why does it matter? Look up the numerous women--24, so far--who have accused him of sexual misconduct, back to the 1970s.

They can't all be lying.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wome...t-list-2017-12
They are all liars.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'm skeptical too but one thing that gives her some credibility is she supposedly told two friends about the incident shortly after it was supposed to have happened and the two friends have corroborated this.
I have no doubt she has a couple of friends willing to lie.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:39 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I have no doubt she has a couple of friends willing to lie.
That's a possibility.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:48 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
I listened to Jean Carroll's interview this morning. Her story sounds pocked full of holes. She began by describing a rape incident she experienced - at age 52. She detailed how she ended up in a department store changeroom, women's lingerie in hand, each trying to convince the other to try on the garments, when suddenly, "the unimaginable happened." Really lady?
The interview I heard this morning on NPR, she did NOT use the term "rape." I thought her story sounded completely believable. She was a writer for Saturday Night Live. When Trump approached her about the supposed gift, she suggested a handbag or a hat. When he brought up lingerie, she followed him to that department and they exchanged a joke about who would try on the bodysuit. She thought it would be a humorous story: she imagined getting him to put on the item over his pants.

Quote:
When asked why she never reported her alleged Trump rape to authorities she claimed being the product of a generation which kept its nose down and kept moving forward. Come on man!
She mentioned being born during WWII (her) or just after it (him), and that was their mindset. Know anyone born during that period? It sounds spot on to me. Few of them talked then--or now--about anything like that.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:02 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The interview I heard this morning on NPR, she did NOT use the term "rape." I thought her story sounded completely believable. She was a writer for Saturday Night Live. When Trump approached her about the supposed gift, she suggested a handbag or a hat. When he brought up lingerie, she followed him to that department and they exchanged a joke about who would try on the bodysuit. She thought it would be a humorous story: she imagined getting him to put on the item over his pants.

She mentioned being born during WWII (her) or just after it (him), and that was their mindset. Know anyone born during that period? It sounds spot on to me. Few of them talked then--or now--about anything like that.
so, come out one month before an election or right when a reelection campaign starts. No liberals sorry. No one is buying your BS

Old 06-23-2019, 10:02 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
I think rape is a horrible crime. But without witnesses or evidence, and many years later, it's almost impossible to get a conviction.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think rape is a horrible crime. But without witnesses or evidence, and many years later, it's almost impossible to get a conviction.
Especially when it's made up.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:13 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
No liberals sorry. No one is buying your BS
It ain't my BS, pal.

And it has nothing to do with political preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies