Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2019, 01:56 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
From what I've seen of her (both in recent interviews and photos taken at the time of the supposed rape), I tend to believe President Trump when he said she wasn't "his type".

Did she have a go at her hair with a garden shears?
Really? I guess Trump only rapes "his type" then. I'll take a woman's word over the lying orange clown every day of the week.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:43 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,624 times
I don't know whether this really happened or not. I wish this lady would have come forward sooner.
What does disturb me is how anyone can take this president seriously on anything when he says things like "she's not my type".

Really...so many allegations already and this is what he chooses to say. What does that even mean? I wouldn't choose her to molest or grope or rape? What the hell is wrong with him and those who defend him with everything he says or does? sheesh

Old 06-25-2019, 02:53 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
She's perhaps one of those women who have had rape fantasy. (nothing wrong with it, but that stupid thing that she said certainly is misleading.)
"I think most people think of rape as sexy" She doesnt know what most people think, first of all.

For some women who have had rape fantasy, Obviously communication and trust in her partner is a key so she feels safe. Losing that control is the ultimate taboo, so losing control to the man you trust can be very intense. (Plus, I seriously doubt many women's rape fantasy go beyond their partners.) I doubt many women fantasize about being raped by total strangers, (ugly, stink, strangers with STD yuck)

She sounds unstable.
She is accusing at least six men of assaulting her.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:54 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
The people that believe this women are, for the most part, the crowd that believed the Boris & Natasha cartoon agitprop that Trump was a Russian agent. Pitiful.
Nice!

Old 06-25-2019, 03:28 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Oh, and who would they be...Please share, otherwise your assertion is worthless.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:38 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
.. and didn't she say that she was not a victim?

Old 06-25-2019, 03:43 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
.. and didn't she say that she was not a victim?
She also said that rape was not sexual....

Old 06-25-2019, 04:02 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Oh, and who would they be...Please share, otherwise your assertion is worthless.
So far this is all I have found
Quote:
... She also accused several other men of attacking her over the course of her life, including disgraced former CBS CEO Les Moonves.
There is also USA Today
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:02 PM

662 posts, read 313,536 times
Ok, I can't stand Trump and don't doubt that he has assaulted women, especially considering his "grab them" comments.

But E. Jean Carroll is a seriously imbalanced woman and I don't trust her.

From a recent column of hers:
Quote:
For 26 years, I have been writing the “Ask E. Jean” column in Elle, and for 26 years, no matter what problems are driving women crazy — their careers, wardrobes, love affairs, children, orgasms, finances — there comes a line in almost every letter when the cause of the correspondent’s quagmire is revealed. And that cause is men.
So men are the cause of women's problems with careers, wardrobes, love affairs, children, orgasms, finances, etc. according to her. Which means she is clearly biased and only sees with feminist tunnel vision. Women's problems are the fault of men. No need to look in the mirror and consider your own actions, just blame men.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:05 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Actually, she didn't say that. Alisyn Camerata did:

And this is beyond sexual [assault]. I mean, legally, he raped you.

... something Carroll hadn't even said. Yet Camerata was clearly intent on putting words in her mouth. Here's another example:

Carroll describes her "comedic" banter with Trump after she says he picked up lingerie from a shop and told the then-52-year-old to go put it on. Camerata says, You were engaging in this banter, as I think many of us would because you didn't know what violence was about to unfold, and you could never have known that.

Alisyn Camerata--what a pro! But remember, this IS Crackpot News Network.
So, you disagree that what E. Jean Carroll described is rape?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies