Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2019, 01:38 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times

Advertisements

Why didn’t these women come forward years ago? If it’s because they felt threatened then, wouldn’t they feel more threatened now that Trump is even more powerful?

Old 06-23-2019, 01:46 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Carroll is 3 years older than Trump. And why does it matter? Look up the numerous women--24, so far--who have accused him of sexual misconduct, back to the 1970s.

They can't all be lying.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wome...t-list-2017-12
FWIW, Business Insider has a tabloid side.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:53 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Why didn’t these women come forward years ago? If it’s because they felt threatened then, wouldn’t they feel more threatened now that Trump is even more powerful?
I have no clue whether any of this is true.

My mother was 12 when her uncle, a Baptist minister molested her. She told. Everyone but her father said it was her fault.

I am this woman's age. 99.99% of the time, if a female told anybody, everyone said it happened because of how she looked or behaved.

I was 7 and 12 when it happened to me. No need to tell. Even at 7 it was clear to me it happened because of something I did.

I can see an aide, especially a LEO, taking Paula Jones to meet Clinton and her thinking it was legit. She was at work, expecting more work.

Who thinks they will be assaulted while shopping in a department store?

We are in a different time now. The word is out. Some guys are SOB's.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:59 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

My mother was 12 when her uncle, a Baptist minister molested her. She told. Everyone but her father said it was her fault.

I am this woman's age. 99.99% of the time, if a female told anybody, everyone said it happened because of how she looked or behaved.

I was 7 and 12 when it happened to me. No need to tell. Even at 7 it was clear to me it happened because of something I did.

I can see an aide, especially a LEO, taking Paula Jones to meet Clinton and her thinking it was legit. She was at work, expecting more work.

Yep. Times have changed. That's a good thing. Women shouldn't have to put up with that kind of crap whether it's from Bill Clinton, Bill Cosby, or Donald Trump.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:59 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

And some women are liars.

Old 06-23-2019, 02:11 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And some women are liars.
And you get to decide who is lying and who is not. Got it.

IMO, Clinton is a predator. Too many have said it. But getting David Brock involved with some of his accusers muddied the water. And Paula Jones took all kinds of financial help while her case was pending. That too, muddied the water. Some said he did, and then recanted. Who knows?

And, IMO, Trump was correct when he said some women will let you do what you want. But, only a predator would try anything.

Where there's smoke, there is fire.

IIRC, about 25% of the women you know have been assaulted sometime in their lives. They are not liars. Most kept it to themselves.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:28 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Twenty-one women accuse Trump of sexual harassment. Even I can make room for the fact that some of those allegations are false. However 21? They aren't all false.
Sexual "harassment" isn't something you can be charged with.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:49 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,416,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
I completely understand the frustration with someone who waits decades and then only comes forward at a politically opportunistic moment.

However, a lot of women for countless reasons do not come forward.

About 2 years ago I was in hs visiting older friends from hs that were in college and an athlete on the football team attacked me. He had been drinking too much and I hadn't had a sip....which was the key difference. But I was able to resist and scream for help, which came. I was NOT raped, but I believe that was his intention. I had bruised arms where he squeezed me, a hurt back, and a ripped tank-top and he had groped me forcefully against my will, exposing my top, with me repeatedly telling him to stop. I had to borrow someone's shirt.

People at the party were telling me that I couldn't report it, because I would let everyone in "spartan nation" down...that they had a big game against their rival upcoming....even some of my older friends that had went to my hs were saying stuff like this to me....I felt betrayed, stunned, etc...and people were blaming it on me when I wanted nothing to do with this guy from the beginning.

It made it so easy to cross that school off the list of schools to apply to. They literally have a sidewalk along a stream that students 'jokingly' call the 'the rape trail' at night.... ha ha ha.....and they've been in the news at the time and still today for alledgedly covering up this sort of crap...and it is probably the most popular school in my state....

I didn't report it...I nearly did. Large guys who had just saved me were then putting pressure on me not to report it. My head had a feeling like it was underwater for about 48 hours...hard to describe.

Part of me hates myself for not reporting it.

I know many people on here are going to roll their eyes at me, I am just a dumb girl, but I understand why some women might not report it. Criticize me if you must, I am an easy target.

She might be lying, she might be telling the truth....yes she should have came forward earlier, but I can understand not reporting it at the time.
Yes it can be a tough call. Consequences of reporting it can almost be worse than the attack.

Funny how so many people just assume you’ll be supported if you report it.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:04 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Hey; nice going! Right out of the gate, a disparaging remark about the alleged victim's looks.
These metoo types are NOT victims. Look at those Kavanaugh accusers, two of them were completely lying, the main accuser, the Ford woman was at best a very confused person, at worst she was a politically motivated dishonest person. Most Metoo accusers are criminals who make false accusations for either financial gain or political gain. Politics aside I see Metoo as a blatant sexist attack upon the male gender. All men should see these accusers as a threat to them. False sexual accusations have ruined countless men’s lives and I refuse to ignore that fact. Most of us do not have the resources Trump or Kavanaugh have to defend themselves, most of us are simply ruined if it happens to us.

I believe ZERO of the accusers who come out of the woodwork on any famous person unless they have real proof. MeToo is the equivalent of a 17th century witch hunt searching for new witches to put on trial.

I condemn sexual assaults and if one is found guilty of one I feel they should face the harshest penalty for it. The existence of sexual assault however does not make the persecution of innocent men ok because of accusations. Anyone can make an accusation, I say again where is the proof? Why was this not dealt with 25 years ago when it happened? Why again are we dealing with decades old accusations?

Old 06-23-2019, 06:09 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
I wasn't going to comment on this thread, but here goes. Timing? Waiting decades to report an alleged crime and really in support of her book. Why not come out in 2015? 2016?

Because in our country there are very little consequences for making baseless claims and very real rewards.

I believe Trump capable of any crime. I also believe that we need evidence and not just here say to convict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies