Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 11:55 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He is saying what people want to hear. He isn't actually doing anything. Throw people out? We have done that for decades. Big deal. What we haven't done and the only thing that will work is to go after the employers and Trump is not going to do that.

Should I consider Obama a successful war president because he said he would get us out of the wars and not into new ones?

What is the alternative beside Trump?

Democrats? The party of abolish ICE, sanctuary state, healthcare for illegals, etc. Shall i go on?

Old 06-26-2019, 11:58 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The news is filled with events(demonstration) concerning these illegal children in these detention centers, and there seems no solution.
I have one.
How about we find out what country these children are from, and put them on planes back to their own country.
Let their country officials deal with them.
Why should this be our problem?
We didn't create the problem.

If we have laws that state they are allowed to stay, then perhaps we need to change those laws, and think of America first.

Why should we taxpayers have to spend millions of dollars on people who don't belong here in the first place?

Bob.
I'd give them back to their legal guardians.

If they don't have any, then it is a big problem. I don't have any solutions.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:23 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Yeah, pretty much you Righties did creat the problem. Wall, wall, wall! That’s all Trump and you Righties talked about. Shut it down!

So now you’re down there in Central America living in squalor and fearing for your life from gangs. Listening to Trump, it’s either now or never. So human nature being what is, you pack what you can and go. Get to the border and it’s a disaster. Can’t go forward and can’t go back. So you take a chance and cross where you think you can. Get caught and have your kids ripped out of your arms. Kids now taking care of kids, sleeping on concrete, no sanitation or basic health needs. Justice according to the Righties.

The answer is obvious. Intervention down in Central America. Remove the incentive to walk one thousand miles. A dollar spent on aid down there is worth one hundred dollars spent on deterrence at the border.

You will never stop illegal immigrants by deterrence alone.

Just your last sentence.

That is why I have said over the years the military should be on the border with orders to shoot to kill anyone coming in illegally.
Shoot enough, and that would be a deterrent.

Bob.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:26 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Just your last sentence.

That is why I have said over the years the military should be on the border with orders to shoot to kill anyone coming in illegally.
Shoot enough, and that would be a deterrent.

Bob.
Yes, I agree with you there.

Like the Marines guarding the American embassy overseas. Give them warning shot first, follow rules of engagement. If military guarding the border, the civilian illegals would be safer I believe.

In reality, it (using military) probably will never happen.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:33 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Why the repeated lies in here that Trump hasn't gone after the employers? Does that person have no conscience at all spouting lies? In this forum and in the Illegal Immigration forum I have stated that since Trump took office there has been some employers caught who had "knowingly" had illegals working for them and they were held accountable. I have also stated that he has reinstated the workplace raids that Obama discontinued. I have also stated that Trump had e-verify in his last two budgets by probably voted down by the Democrats again. Are we going to still see this lie repeated over and over again in here? WTH!

Old 06-26-2019, 12:58 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,050 times
Illegal Immigration
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies