Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 10:40 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Perhaps it's the words of this administration and their minions constantly trying to take away rights from gays and lesbians. Ugliness trickles down.
How do you explain it dropping under the Obama administration then?

Old 06-29-2019, 11:10 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,365 times
I’m gay, and my partner and I aren’t the “In-your-face” type. We don’t go to pride events, bars, and we definitely don’t make out in public, because we don’t even want to see straight people doing that! I don’t understand why some people here think that everyone in the LGBT community fit the typical stereotypes. If you saw me and my partner watching a game at Dodger Stadium, you would never guess that we are a couple. So please educate yourselves, most gay people are not at all obvious.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:26 AM

4,508 posts, read 1,864,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I’m gay, and my partner and I aren’t the “In-your-face” type. We don’t go to pride events, bars, and we definitely don’t make out in public, because we don’t even want to see straight people doing that! I don’t understand why some people here think that everyone in the LGBT community fit the typical stereotypes. If you saw me and my partner watching a game at Dodger Stadium, you would never guess that we are a couple. So please educate yourselves, most gay people are not at all obvious.
If there are supposedly a majority of sane people in the LGBT community, they need to step up and get the unhinged mob under control. They are ruining the reputation of the entire group.

The responsibility is on you, not us. I will not spend one iota of time or effort trying to understand or accommodate LGBT until their highly visible members learn to behave and tone it down.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:58 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
I started a whole thread about this. "Have gays have gone too far?". They deleted my thread!

Yes they have, and now we have stats to back it up. The LGBTQI advocates have gone stark-raving mad, and people are completely disillusioned with them. It started out as just a movement to tolerate their lifestyles and end gay-bashing. Now we gotta have tampons in all men's bathrooms, and drag-queen reading hours at public schools.

They've become like the feminists! Way back when, feminism used to be a righteous social movement for equal rights(sufferage) and inclusion in our workforce. Then they went crazy! The feminists today are all psychos!

LGBT advocacy has also gone sour. People are tired of listening to them.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
The homosexuals I know in real life are becoming increasingly unhinged.

This combined with what is constantly shoved in my face on TV and social media led to my conclusion.

I don’t watch Fox News and Trump didn’t influence my decision.
So the charming gay hosts of the some of the shows on HGTV are shoving their gayness in your face?

Old 06-29-2019, 12:09 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
How do you explain it dropping under the Obama administration then?
This entire era is really an unhinged backlash against the Obergefell vs. Hodges decision. It's a frightening time to be an LGBT American. I'm only partially out of the closet myself in real life. I am very straight-acting and I do my best to conform to heterosexual norms.

Homophobia and hate is popular right now. There's a strong and growing movement to force gays back in the closet. I really worry we are headed towards a Russia-style anti LGBT law in this country which will basically force homosexuality back in the closet and bring back the gay witch hunts of the 1950s.

Until then, pride will become more "in your face" because evangelical Christians have ramped up antagonism towards the LGBT community tenfold. Start treating gay people like human beings and things will settle down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So the charming gay hosts of the some of the shows on HGTV are shoving their gayness in your face?
It seems that most people today want gays back in the closet, completely out of sight and out of mind.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:12 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Liberals have never been able to differentiate between treating people equally and trying to force everyone to be equal.
That's why things such as the LGBTQXYZ crowd and many others have only earned my contempt. I have found that I am guilty of the most heinous of thought crimes.

Do as you will, I don't care. It's not my business.

When I'm condemned for that a line is crossed, you're imposing something on me. I don't care for that either.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:15 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This entire era is really an unhinged backlash against the Obergefell vs. Hodges decision. It's a frightening time to be an LGBT American. I'm only partially out of the closet myself in real life.

Homophobia and hate is popular right now. There's a strong and growing movement to force gays back in the closet.
Ohh please! These days it's "cool" to be gay. Homosexuality is slowing taking over NYC, especially among women. All women openly talk about it.

You can get an award for being gay. They were calling Bruce Jenner a hero because he got up and put on a dress.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:16 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This entire era is really an unhinged backlash against the Obergefell vs. Hodges decision. It's a frightening time to be an LGBT American. I'm only partially out of the closet myself in real life. I am very straight-acting and I do my best to conform to heterosexual norms.

Homophobia and hate is popular right now. There's a strong and growing movement to force gays back in the closet. I really worry we are headed towards a Russia-style anti LGBT law in this country which will basically force homosexuality back in the closet and bring back the gay witch hunts of the 1950s.

Until then, pride will become more "in your face" because evangelical Christians have ramped up antagonism towards the LGBT community tenfold. Start treating gay people like human beings and things will settle down.

It seems that most people today want gays back in the closet, completely out of sight and out of mind.
People don't like having things shoved in their faces. Get a clue. You're not any more special than anyone else, live with it.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:18 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
People don't like having things shoved in their faces. Get a clue. You're not any more special than anyone else, live with it.
Neither are fundamentalist Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies