Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 07:25 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
If Trump wins again, will the left, the media, and the universities blame the electorate again, or will they take the time to truly examine their own ideas, ideals, and policies? Will ordinary people be labeled as "deplorable" again?

I don't think a lot of independents want healthcare for illegal immigrants when many Americans already either don't have healthcare and where it's far too expensive for everyone.

When does it end? Obviously the left wants to allow non-citizens to be able to vote too, but that completely wipes out the right of citizens to vote. I'm not allowed to go to Brazil or Albania or India and vote in their elections....but the far left believes that anyone should be allowed to set foot on our soil for a day and cast a ballot? Crazy.

Student loans? Sorry, I paid mine (with two trips to Iraq). Everyone else can pay theirs too. Presumably everyone who gets a college degree benefits tremendously from it, so why should people who never even went to college (and who thus, traditionally, earn less money) be forced to pay taxes to benefit people who did? In another vein, why should a rough-n-tough welder who decided to go to work for a living be forced to pay some crybaby artist who got a degree in painting and now works in retail folding clothes or busing tables? I'm throwing out examples, but hopefully somebody gets the point.

And then what other issues are on people's minds? Do we ban guns? Do we get even softer on crime? Are we going to let gangs keep dominating the streets of our major cities?

Do we keep sending kids off to die in the middle east for the benefit of Israel, oil companies, and defense contractors....because it's not just the GOP who acquiesces to that and the DNC is all for supporting those entities while giving lip-service to the electorate about being more anti-war. What other issues are on people's minds?
If he loses the popular votes and ekes out a win on electoral grounds -- who knows what folks will say.

Only 2 out of 20 something Democrat candidates are calling for payment of student loan debt.
Not one Democrat candidate is campaigning for illegals to vote in federal elections.
Most of the Democrat candidates are not wanting to ban all guns but do want gun control.
No Democrat has talked about letting gangs dominate streets.
Democrats are definitely not advocating to send soldiers to the middle east for Israel, oil companies and defense contractors.

Just correcting some misinformation. Not saying that your choice is wrong -- just saying some of the conclusions you have drawn as to why some might vote for a Democrat are not completely accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 07:32 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Nah, by the time you count ballot stuffing in California, Illinois and the crap they tried in Broward County Florida you can easily account for 3 million "votes".

In California anyone who's a "resident" can vote, and no one bothers with ID's. Citizen? If you or I tried to go vote in any other country from Paraguay to Macedonia they'd laugh us out of their with a kick in the rear at a minimum or we'd be thrown in prison with a hefty fine. But in the USA it's alright to just show up, fill out some bubbles and shove it into a machine and no one bothers to check.

There are places in urban areas, New York, Philadelphia, Detroit, etc. where precincts vote 100% or nearly 100% for the left, so there's no disincentive for the people running the polling stations to stuff a few hundred extra ballots into machines, no one's watching, there are no cameras, and they have no moral qualms about doing it as it's a means to their ends.

And how hard is it to fill out multiple fake names with multiple addresses and cast several ballots? There is no one checking. Did anyone check you or I when we registered to vote? If you change addresses does anyone truly check?
You're exactly right.

Get ready for the "Where's the proof" whine from the libs. Of course there's not going to be any proof of it, because the left wing nutjob Democrats in charge of these jurisdictions will NEVER investigate voter fraud that works to their advantage.

You will never convince me that any vote count coming out of California, NYC, Philadelphia, Chicago, etc. is legitimate. These people are dishonest liars who will do anything at any cost to keep and take power.

Old 07-03-2019, 07:44 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,805 times
Quote:
Nah, by the time you count ballot stuffing in California, Illinois and the crap they tried in Broward County Florida you can easily account for 3 million "votes".

In California anyone who's a "resident" can vote, and no one bothers with ID's. Citizen? If you or I tried to go vote in any other country from Paraguay to Macedonia they'd laugh us out of their with a kick in the rear at a minimum or we'd be thrown in prison with a hefty fine. But in the USA it's alright to just show up, fill out some bubbles and shove it into a machine and no one bothers to check.

There are places in urban areas, New York, Philadelphia, Detroit, etc. where precincts vote 100% or nearly 100% for the left, so there's no disincentive for the people running the polling stations to stuff a few hundred extra ballots into machines, no one's watching, there are no cameras, and they have no moral qualms about doing it as it's a means to their ends.

And how hard is it to fill out multiple fake names with multiple addresses and cast several ballots? There is no one checking. Did anyone check you or I when we registered to vote? If you change addresses does anyone truly check?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You're exactly right.

Get ready for the "Where's the proof" whine from the libs. Of course there's not going to be any proof of it, because the left wing nutjob Democrats in charge of these jurisdictions will NEVER investigate voter fraud that works to their advantage.

You will never convince me that any vote count coming out of California, NYC, Philadelphia, Chicago, etc. is legitimate. These people are dishonest liars who will do anything at any cost to keep and take power.
REPS to both of you! x10

Old 07-03-2019, 08:43 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
true that we need immigration reform, but we also need the wall at the border. either that or we put our military at the border with orders to shoot anyone that tries to cross illegally, since at some point the illegal border crossing become an invasion.

as for no health care plan by the republicans, that is pure rubbish, lies that you have bought into becaus the left wind media refuses to cover such plans. try googling republican health care plans and you will find a number of such plans.

Oh please, this is such nonsense. So they supposedly have great plans, why haven't they tried to implement them. None of them have even brought it up. And no, we do not need a wall. I have no idea why you are ready to shoot people looking for asylum. This is what our country has sadly become with Trump in office.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:15 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
When Trump wins again, keep your windows closed, as the sound of the screaming from the liberals is going to be out of this world!

Old 07-03-2019, 09:19 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,435 times
As an NYC voter, I can ...oddly enough... state that their voting system is honest.

They see if you are registered for that district and, the machines are largely tamper proof.

However, that's because NYC is so overwhelmingly Democrat that cheating is not required there. The propoganda did all the work beforehand.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:21 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
When Trump wins again, keep your windows closed, as the sound of the screaming from the liberals is going to be out of this world!
I will again sup my nourishment generously from the air; the delicious vapor from Liberal tears. Sp-sp-sp-sp-sp. Mmm, I will be well pleased.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:22 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
I will again sup my nourishment generously from the air; the delicious vapor from Liberal tears. Sp-sp-sp-sp-sp. Mmm, I will be well pleased.
Even my liberal neighbors are agreeing that Trump is almost guaranteed a win in 2020, after they watched the disastrous debates last week!

Old 07-03-2019, 09:38 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Quote:

And how hard is it to fill out multiple fake names with multiple addresses and cast several ballots? There is no one checking. Did anyone check you or I when we registered to vote? If you change addresses does anyone truly check
?
I can only speak for my experience, voting in NY for over 20 years: I show up at my assigned polling location (the only place I am allowed to vote), present my ID which is checked against the log of all registered voters for that polling location, and am again directed to the table assigned for my neighborhood. I get handed one paper ballot, complete it, and then hand it back to a representative from my table, who feeds the ballot into the scanner, and then deposits my ballot into a shred bin. My husband once neglected to update his address with the DMV, and was unceremoniously turned away from the polling station designated for our neighborhood, and had to travel back to our old polling location in order to vote. He didn’t make it there before the polls closed, so he was unable to vote that year.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:06 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,592,230 times
The left is going to be voting for the left.
The right is going to be voting for the right.

Whoever wins the moderate votes will take over the White House.

Slavery preparation, open border, free healthcare for illegals will definitely not get you any votes from the moderates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies