Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 09:05 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,750,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Has OP considered why the major TV networks didn't televise it? There is only one reason TV stations show anything: money. Just like all other companies, TV stations exist to make a profit. And they make money by selling advertising, and they only sell ads by getting people to watch their shows. Much of America had no interest in watching yet another Trump rally.

Never mind the half of Americans who don't support Trump and wouldn't watch any Trump rally; there are probably a sizable percentage who do support Trump but have already watched a rally or even a few. His rallies (and that is exactly what this was whether Trump called it that or not,) are all the same so it was just like watching a TV rerun. And the other Americans had other things to do, like BBQ, pop fireworks, or wash their hair.
It was a fantastic nod to our country and our military, a real history lesson about the military. It was awesome, never a word was spoken about politics, only about our great country and brave military. America haters would not have liked this display, I understand that, but those of us who love the USA thoroughly enjoyed it!!

Old 07-04-2019, 09:16 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Why was a supposed celebration of America's independence turned into a big DC military rally? There are already two federal holidays for veterans. Today should have been a day to celebrate our nation's founding and its principles. The show in DC was not really that.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:21 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
How many threads have City-Data had on the Trump Campaign Rally tonight and how horrible it would be? Hard to even count them -- they have been posted for weeks.

The Network stations refuse to televise it. Cable News MSNBC refused to televise it, PBS refused to televise it ......... AND there are no Threads about the Speech itself.

I wonder why that is ........ Best Guess, if they can pretend it NEVER happened, then it Never Happened. How insane is that? Pretty Darn Insane.

There was NO Trump Rally. It was a pure America Celebration.

The Leftists Boycotted the one person who Celebtated American Greatness on our 234fth Birthday and reminded the American People of our tremendous accomplishments, while honoring not just the Military that has been willing to give their Lives for our Freedoms, but also the regular Normal People who have worked long and hard because they LOVE this Country and what it represents to all who love it.

Not a “Trump Rally” ... the Leftists Lied about that. an American Salute to the greatest experiment/experience the world has ever known. The Leftists should hang their heads in shame .... but they won’t of course.

Happy Birthday USA !!!
Yes. It was not on any of the major stations. Shameful.Shameful.Shameful.
They chose to continue airing firework displays and silly game shows.
I searched frantically and finally found it. I watched it from beginning to end.
President Trump honored our military and others that helped make our country stand out
above the rest. He spoke eloquently and with great respect to all our fallen. The air show was a brilliant
and forceful piece of choreography. A work of art. It spoke a universal language and sent a message to all foreign
governments to not underestimate our potential as a great people capable of great achievement and to finally
think twice before ever messing with us.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:25 PM

17,343 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Why was a supposed celebration of America's independence turned into a big DC military rally? There are already two federal holidays for veterans. Today should have been a day to celebrate our nation's founding and its principles. The show in DC was not really that.
The American Revolution was a military event. It seems more than appropriate to have the military involved in the celebration.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:29 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The American Revolution was a military event. It seems more than appropriate to have the military involved in the celebration.

Involved - yes. Should not however be basically the main focus and only thing to celebrate on this day.

Last edited by MMS02760; 07-04-2019 at 09:52 PM..

Old 07-04-2019, 09:33 PM

17,343 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Involved - yes. Should not however be basically the only thing to celebrate on this day.
It was more than involved. It's what gave us our independence. If not for the military, we'd be no different than Canada and you'd be singing God Save the Queen.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:34 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,750,643 times
Quote:
Involved - yes. Should not however be basically the only thing to celebrate on this day.
Meh...sez you. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My young kids listened to the history and I appreciated them hearing it.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:35 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,409,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Network stations refuse to televise it. Cable News MSNBC refused to televise it, PBS refused to televise it ......... AND there are no Threads about the Speech itself.

The old legacy media is outdated. I can have live news from almost any place in the world via the internet. I can stream what happens in my corner of the world to anyone anywhere else. There are Youtube political shows that get more views than CNN's viewers.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:36 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,409,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
It was a fantastic nod to our country and our military, a real history lesson about the military. It was awesome, never a word was spoken about politics, only about our great country and brave military. America haters would not have liked this display, I understand that, but those of us who love the USA thoroughly enjoyed it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mieu57c0Fc0

Old 07-04-2019, 09:41 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It was more than involved. It's what gave us our independence. If not for the military, we'd be no different than Canada and you'd be singing God Save the Queen.
Independence Day is the day commemorating the Declaration of Independence of the United States, on July 4, 1776. The Continental Congress declared that the thirteen American colonies were no longer subject (and subordinate) to the monarch of Britain and were now united, free, and independent states.

It is not a military battle being honored...it is our founding principles that are the showcase.

Trump wants to make us a "tank" country like North Korea, Russia or China whose loathsome regimes feel it necessary to showcase their tanks to the sheep. No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies