Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 11:54 AM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
What generation?

I find that some hippy generation liberals I know just dont "get" the new SJW generation liberals.
Gen X leftist, back in the day the "liberals" had some actual integrity. The term "liberal" has been hijacked in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Seriously, the things that comes out of her mouth are jaw dropping. Trump talks a lot of dumb crap, but nowhere the level of stupidity of AOC. The left eats her crap up and begs for seconds, Lol. It’s like her audience is a bunch of naive kindergartners.

I’ve said this before: AOC is the outcome of very desperate Democrats, voting for anyone that can tie their shoe.
AOC is also an outcome of the generation of too much coddling, being told how great they are no matter what. The generational result of the whole no one loses and we all get trophies mentalities.

You can see it in her blatant arrogance, the repeating of completely untrue things with an authority of someone that's never had to deal with and face anything real in her life. She a child in a woman's body.

She lectures and pontificates and she couldn't find her azz with both hand on most subjects.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:08 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemDawg View Post
I haven't read this whole thread, so this may have already been covered, but are Trump supporters really calling on someone to resign for lying?

that's neat. I like this place.
But to Trump supporters, Trump never lies. He tells the truth like it is!

Old 07-10-2019, 12:12 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't think she is going anywhere, and she's not particularly popular among moderate Dems. Far left loves her and probably enjoy the way she triggers the right, who apparently envy her.

"...Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Right-Wing Fan Club Is Growing..."

"...Ann Coulter is secretly obsessed with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Steve Bannon is daydreaming about ways to team up with her. And Republican representative Matt Gaetz, a second-term congressman from Florida, openly admits his desire to emulate the freshman congresswoman from New York.."

...All three conservatives are part of AOC’s ever-growing right-wing fan club, which Politico shined a light on Wednesday. The 29-year-old has ideas they revile, but conservatives see in her someone loved by the media, someone who can “rally the left to populist causes,” and someone who reminds them of Donald Trump...."

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
So she is living rent free in a number of Republican heads.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:13 PM

1,705 posts, read 538,502 times
AOC belongs to the Justice Democrats, where its members HAVE to be for:

Getting money out of Politics
Medicare for All
Dont take PAC money
Green New Deal
Tax funded University and Trade Schools
Banning Private Prisons

So, if you belive the Entire Democratic Party is behind her... you gotta check your head! The Democratic leadership is terrified of them, because most of the younger generations belive in the same things...

The same thing goes for Republicans, because they would ban their bread and butter... they live of "donations" from private corporations.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:21 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
You wish!

Old 07-10-2019, 12:24 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
"get off my lawn, kids!"

I'm ready for the younger generation to take control. look at where the olds have gotten us.
Amen to that. The Millennials are going to show the old, myopic, 20th century conservatives the door. It's going to be fun to watch.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:50 PM

21,937 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
If she lied she should be held accountable. Unfortunately she fits the agenda of main stream media and many democrats. She will get a free pass. Just like Trump does from his followers. Trump lies a lot. AOC has some serious work ahead of her if she is ever going to catch up.
Yep. She's their wet dream.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:53 PM

23,984 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
AOC belongs to the Justice Democrats, where its members HAVE to be for:

Getting money out of Politics
Medicare for All
Dont take PAC money
Green New Deal
Tax funded University and Trade Schools
Banning Private Prisons

So, if you belive the Entire Democratic Party is behind her... you gotta check your head! The Democratic leadership is terrified of them, because most of the younger generations belive in the same things...

The same thing goes for Republicans, because they would ban their bread and butter... they live of "donations" from private corporations.
Some really old white people also support Justice Dems.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
"get off my lawn, kids!"

I'm ready for the younger generation to take control. look at where the olds have gotten us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Amen to that. The Millennials are going to show the old, myopic, 20th century conservatives the door. It's going to be fun to watch.
Meh, every generation rails on about the last one, nothing new.

The old man and the lawn thing, again, meh, I don't have a lawn and I really don't lose much sleep over young people taking over, we all get old and die at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies