Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 10:27 PM

494 posts, read 285,778 times

Advertisements

I have to agree. With all the accusations going on these days it's better to be safe than sorry. Look how much trouble this has already caused the poor guy just because he voiced his opinion. Geez....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 10:34 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,912,106 times
Doctors do this as normal practice, there is always a third party in the room. Same thing when my female dermatologist came in the room to examine me.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:40 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Doctors do this as normal practice, there is always a third party in the room. Same thing when my female dermatologist came in the room to examine me.
Yeah, that's cool. But when you are in a business meeting?

Old 07-12-2019, 10:41 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,948,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
No, in all seriousness, I will play out any conversation regarding sexual violence with you or others on this board. Never been a victim personally, but have loved ones who have. Your taunts are garbage. Partisan bs means nothing. The guy refusing to speak to reporters because they are females is perpetuating a bad stereotype that women are rape-worthy seductresses. F him.

He's not refusing to speak to female reporters. He is refusing to allow one to spend any kind of one-on-one time with him, like traveling with him when he campaigns. He's already stated that his advisor/assistant does not always travel with him, so there may be times when he and Campbell would be alone. Those times would be perfect fodder for possible accusations, and that is what he is trying to avoid.

Sheesh.... a man who is being respectful for not only his wife, but any woman he comes into contact with. I find it hysterical how many people's heads are exploding over this. I think the women who are so up in arms about it are jealous because they don't have a man of their own who shows the same respect for them that he is showing towards his wife and marriage. Sad...

Old 07-12-2019, 10:51 PM

30,628 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
He didn't need to "insist that she bring a male colleague." He could have brought his own assistant or campaign volunteers, for example, and not made a big deal out of it.
So he should have lied is what you're saying? I thought honesty was a virtue

Old 07-12-2019, 10:53 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
He is refusing to allow one to spend any kind of one-on-one time with him, like traveling with him when he campaigns.
But seriously, what sort of sexual encounters is he expecting? It is a business encounter. I am pretty sure that the reporters assigned to him are not expecting coitus, though maybe they should?

Old 07-12-2019, 10:55 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
What if women would have cut off all one on one contact with men at the dawn of history when the first rape happened? Because well, you know, if one man did it then they are all liable to. According to the fringey wackos here clearly they should have.

No sense of perspective. Millions of interactions between men and women every day and the number of false rape accusation has got to be in the percentage that begins with a lot of zeros after the decimal. The harm done shutting off half of humanity is a cost you pay when you have that extreme a reaction. I guess if you think women should be barefoot and in the kitchen it makes sense to you. Wacky indeed.
Pretty much. CD is full of sexist misogynistic men. No surprise a lot of posters here seem to think false rape or assault accusations are common enough to warrant this kind of moronic reaction. Any chance to bash women, and those who repeatedly call women “females” are usually pretty telling. Men and “females.”

I suspect this idiot fears he can’t keep it in his pants and wants to act like any woman out there is the problem. Sexist pig.

Women are far more likely to actually be raped or assaulted than they are to lie about a rape or other incident. Women and girls are victimized - by men - at scary rates. But you people keep believing what you want to.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:58 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
WTF is wrong with you people? 😐
Pot, meet kettle.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:18 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,067,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Here's a more interesting question. CNN's ratings have absolutely collapsed. If it wasn't for forced carriage fees from cable TV subscriptions, they'd be out of business. Remember, if you have cable/satellite TV, you are paying for CNN.

Given that, why would anyone want to waste a day's time with one of their "reporters"?

Raises hand. "Is Jim Acosta available?"

Old 07-13-2019, 02:36 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekawal View Post
I have to agree. With all the accusations going on these days it's better to be safe than sorry. Look how much trouble this has already caused the poor guy just because he voiced his opinion. Geez....
Exactly. The guy basically said the equivalent to "I want to avoid any trouble" and got roasted by the opposing party for it. Weird world we live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies