Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 08:04 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
He didn't need to "insist that she bring a male colleague." He could have brought his own assistant or campaign volunteers, for example, and not made a big deal out of it.

This was precisely my thinking when I read the OP.

Reps to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 08:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This has nothing to do with self control, it's to protect himself from being accused of doing something he didn't do. Pence has the same policy.

And they are both idiots and regarded as same to the rest of the world.

It's ridiculous - do these men imagine that they are so devastatingly attractive that a woman won't be able to control herself?

It's laughable.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:06 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And they are both idiots and regarded as same to the rest of the world.

It's ridiculous - do these men imagine that they are so devastatingly attractive that a woman won't be able to control herself?

It's laughable.
No, they imagine getting falsely accused like other men have. Better safe than sorry.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:16 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,197,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
No, they imagine getting falsely accused like other men have. Better safe than sorry.
This

Old 07-12-2019, 08:27 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:

So since women get ACTUALLY raped and have to worry about that - perhaps they should refuse to spent time along with any male reporters.

Hmmm. This could work.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:33 AM

9,989 posts, read 5,691,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
If he was really just covering his butt, he wouldn't be making a show of it. He'd just make his appointments with female reporters in locations like, say, coffee shops or offices where other staff were present, or make sure he just happens to have an assistant along. Like, I don't have unfamiliar men over to my home for meetings, but I don't say "I'm keeping my address secret, because some men are rapists." I just say, "Hey, let's meet at such-and-such a place." Maybe they can read between the lines, but there's no reason to be insulting toward someone who's probably an honest and decent person. He's playing to a certain crowd with this statement.
You've got it backward about which one made a big deal about it. SHE'S the one who wrote an article about it took to social media to play the victim card. He's just responding to her and to baseless accusations from people like you. If SHE hadn't made a big deal about it, nobody outside of Mississippi would have ever heard of or cared about either of these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemDawg View Post
I don't use the mother policy, and I've never been accused of doing anything I haven't done

crazy how it works when you're secure in your relationships
Oh sure, it never happens to innocent people... like, say, my wife, who was smeared with a false accusation of sexual misconduct by a vindictive co-worker. And even though she was eventually exonerated, her reputation was so tarnished by then she was effectively blacklisted and was left with two options: a) relocate to a different region, or 2) leave her profession. Eventually she chose both.

So you can take your glib "crazy how that works" quip and shove it. It hasn't happened to to not because you're a saint, but because you're lucky.

Last edited by Bitey; 07-12-2019 at 08:42 AM..

Old 07-12-2019, 08:34 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,738 times
Quote:
He's protecting himself from false accusation. Doesn't want to be Kavanaughed.
Right, because that's the definition of courage. Cutting off half of society because you're afraid of something that's actually very rare. Like I said, what a coward.

I supervised women, when you treat them professionally - like you do everyone else that you work with - you don't have these tawdry things to be afraid of. It speaks to a deep seated fear of women that these patriarchal idiots are raised with.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:38 AM

5,862 posts, read 3,302,153 times
Quote:
so Pence thinks mother would falsely accuse him of being unfaithful?

not sure that's the healthiest relationship
Who are you to judge his relationship? Obviously it works for them!

Old 07-12-2019, 08:41 AM

5,862 posts, read 3,302,153 times
Quote:
not trusting every female because of their gender sounds a little misogynistic

and by "a little", I mean "a lot"
Have you ever been falsely accused?

Old 07-12-2019, 08:50 AM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Total BS.......
The business world? I worked for a Fortune 500 corp for 28 years. It was their policy since at least 2000 for males not to conduct 1 on 1 interviews or confrontations with female employees.

That was to protect the company and the male as well as the female.

I Never violated that policy. I always had my one up leader in the room when confronting a female for job performance. I never interviewed females one on one either. The policy is there to protect us.

In today's climate where all it takes is an accusation to destroy someone's reputation and credibility, you are a fool not to protect yourself.
I don’t know what company you worked for but I’ve never heard such a policy. I would say that company must have some real issues to go to that extent. They need to have a third party in the room for performance reviews, discipline, job interviews or just about any meeting. That is pretty dramatic, maybe you can post their code of conduct where it is clearly stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies