Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 12:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times

Advertisements

I guess when they keep on refusing women the right to interview them, they cannot complain when they get less than equal coverage.

The news outlets are clearly TRYING to offer them coverage.

So... I guess this guy should just hire a bodyguard so he's not alone with anyone? I mean, that seems reasonable if he's paranoid.

Example: Most male docs won't examine a woman whose clothing is removed unless there's a female nurse or assistant in the room. So, those docs HIRE people who can be present to avoid any accusations. They don't just refuse to see female patients, for crying out loud.

ETA: I actually had a procedure recently where a man did the whole thing with no female present. That was wild because it's been YEARS since I had one who would do that.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:40 PM

3,044 posts, read 5,004,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yes it is. If I was in my office working and a female subordinate entered, I always 100% told them to leave the door open. If the nature of the visit was personal for the woman I called in my female manager to sit in.

I hate to say it, but I did treat females differently. I didn't joke as much with them. I shared less. I distanced myself from them.

Now some of my best trainees are females that I mentored. We would form a friendship, but it took a lot longer and had far more boundaries.

I would pat a man on the back while giving praise. Females I never touched. Not while they were subordinates.

Males I would stop and have a drink with 1 on 1. Not the females. If we went as a team, fine. Never 1 on 1.
I thought this was common behavior in the corporate world. Not just subordinates, NEVER alone with a female colleague (if possible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You can still get kavanaughed if you're up for a politicized confirmation. Remember, her accusation was so vague as to when, where etc. that he couldn't possibly have created an alibi.
The burden of proving innocence is a high bar these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 12:44 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemDawg View Post
guys.

do some reading.

both Pence and Bama Bangs say they are doing this because their wives don't trust them, not because they're paranoid misogynists
They're doing it because they don't blindly trust random women and they respect their wives.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Personal rules are fine and dandy.

This particular issue has little to do with conservative or liberal. It DOES have to do with horny people...

That is, a guy who is thinking horny all the time (and let's face it, that IS a lot of us) does have to practice some avoidance if they are married or don't want to be tempted.

That sounds old fashioned...but I can promise that human nature has not changed. Take a bunch of 20-40 year old guys and put them alone with women in situations X amounts of times and something untoward will happen.

It will.

We had a friend who was in a top marketing job at a well known company in New England. We also had a person at said company we dealt with who was a female...and we looked up to her because she was amazing effective and accomplished. These are two of the ultimate professionals. Both married.

Said company sent them both on the road numerous times on "tours" to intro new products and the like.....

Well, guess what? The have been married for 15+ years now.

I can honestly say that if I was sent on long road trips with said female I might be married to her also.....

Oh, well, maybe not PC but the truth in some situations.

Of course, this stuff happens anyway...but a dude who wants to make certain they stay married is not going to expose himself continually to prospective mates of the opposite sex alone.

I would certainly not worry about having a meal or a short hike or bike with said....or attending a company function or picnic. But hitting the road for days on end in the same vehicle? Not gonna happen.

Heck, a lot of the guys I know won't even take a motel room with another guy...not for any sexual reason, but simply that many people (like myself) desire to be alone most of the time. That's not fault...even for a politician.
Why is it so difficult for people like you to comprehend that these types of rules aren't because people are tempted, horny and unable to control themselves. They're because of false accusations and fake attacks on people like what was done to Justice Kavanaugh and Thomas for that matter. Democrats have a very long history of creating fake sexual accusations during campaigns for political gain, this guy is just trying to eliminate that from happening without a witness present to contradict democrat lies.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:59 PM

3,044 posts, read 5,004,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is the way he is going to run his office, the never alone rule. This wouldn't work anywhere in the business world, just silly posturing like Pence.

This is very standard in the business world. Most large corporation HRs will ask that there be a 3rd party present if it's going to be a male/female meeting. Heck, many HRs insist on a 3rd party for all official HR communications, just so there's no misunderstanding or ANY kind of accusation.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:00 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,496,688 times
I wonder who would sit in to monitor a day-long interview of Pete Buttigieg by Rosie O'Donnell?

Old 07-12-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is the way he is going to run his office, the never alone rule. This wouldn't work anywhere in the business world, just silly posturing like Pence.
You couldn't be more wrong, this has been a long running rule in the business world for a decade now. Managers are taught to never have closed door 1 on 1 meetings with employees. HR representatives won't meet with anyone without a 3rd party there.

Men have wised up to the danger that the Me Too movement has brought to the work place and society in general. Men targeted on a regular basis with fake accusations and false claims which leave men unemployed or even worse, locked up all the time.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:16 PM

813 posts, read 601,544 times
I must admit, the young lady has done a great job of capitalizing on this non-event. If she had been allowed to go she would still be, well, her... and I wouldn't even know her name.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:16 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,528 times
I'm implementing the rules of my Jewish religion for this matter at work. It's called Diney Yehud. You cannot be alone with a woman who is not your relative. If somebody there has a problem with Jews we can talk about it with HR.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:22 PM

813 posts, read 601,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I'm implementing the rules of my Jewish religion for this matter at work. It's called Diney Yehud. You cannot be alone with a woman who is not your relative. If somebody there has a problem with Jews we can talk about it with HR.
Does the Jew card trump (Ha!) the female card?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies