Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Crush the subversives using the full force of the US government against them
yes 57 77.03%
no 17 22.97%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 11:43 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I wasn't talking about the protestors, I was talking about the illegals who come here and then wave their country's flag around - usually on their cars - I live in CA, I see it a lot - because their country was just so damn oppressive that they had to leave.

Saw the same thing in Miami a lot with those from South America that came here illegally.

Cubans were proud to be Cubans, but they also were proud to be Americans. They would wave the American flag more than they would ever display their Cuban flag anywhere. They assimilated and never took it for granted - old school ones, I guess. Some of the newer ones that came over seemed to have quickly forgotten their harrowing adventure from Cuba to the U.S. on a fricken tire.

If you're "fleeing" a country because it's so "oppressive" and dangerous, why the hell would you wave the flag of that country around, proudly, sing the country's anthem, proudly, and turn the place you fled to into exactly what you fled from?

It's all bs, everyone knows it's bs, but some people don't want to admit that it's all bs.
Anyone with half a brain and an ounce of intellectual honesty knows that most of those claims are false. They are looking for jobs and I really don't blame them, but whatever that's another subject.

There's so much circle jerking going on it's laughable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 12:04 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Act of war.
Jesus get a grip its just a silly flag.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:12 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Anyone with half a brain and an ounce of intellectual honesty knows that most of those claims are false. They are looking for jobs and I really don't blame them, but whatever that's another subject.

There's so much circle jerking going on it's laughable.
I actually know couple of those Mexican flag wavers here in California. I don't think they all hate the U.S. They are newly naturalized American citizens who still have emotional attachment to their homeland. Well, I certainly understand their emotion. It is not like they love foreign government (oh, no, they don't), they do love the land the people living there. (Well, nothing wrong with that) They are law abiding citizens who pay taxes. Their sons are in armed forces and some of them are police officers. They fly their Mexican flag on certain Mexican holidays I guess. I have no issue with that. Plus, they never protest. lol Even if they do protest, I doubt they'd wave Mexican flag. That would be odd

Plus, they will never pull down American flag and replace it with Mexican flag. This is the key thing.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:16 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I actually know couple of those Mexican flag wavers here in California. I don't think they all hate the U.S. They are newly naturalized American citizens who still have emotional attachment to their homeland. Well, I certainly understand their emotion. They are law abiding citizens who pay taxes. Their sons are in armed forces and some of them are police officers. They fly their Mexican flag on certain Mexican holidays I guess. I have no issue with that.

Plus, they will never pull down American flag and replace it with Mexican flag. This is the key thing.
My now passed FIL was a Mexican guy, his family came here way back when he was a small kid and I'm with his half Mexican daughter. I have no doubt that many of the people that come here assimilate have a net positive impact to this nation. I just think that we need to overhaul the whole system with something that is sensible.

Most of those claims of amnesty are horse manure and I think most people probably know that.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
My now passed FIL was a Mexican guy, his family came here way back when he was a small kid and I'm with his half Mexican daughter. I have no doubt that many of the people that come here assimilate have a net positive impact to this nation. I just think that we need to overhaul the whole system with something that is sensible.

Most of those claims of amnesty are horse manure and I think most people probably know that.
yeah probably.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:23 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Dude, you really need to chill. They should not be doing that, but it's just a FLAG, for godsakes!

When our President thinks he can tell members of Congress - who were born here and are citizens every bit as much as he is - that they should "go back to their countries of origin", that is a far bigger threat to our R+
Republic than some idiots waving a flag.

Well. the flag means a lot to me. There's a good reason for that. It's much more than "just a flag" to me. It is a symbol of self sacrifice, unity, loyalty, and dedication that so many have died to keep flying. It's not some nondescript piece of cloth. Seeing it hauled down and defaced and a foreign flag run up in it's place by people who don't even belong here is a sure fire way to wind me up.

But I was raised in an era where we showed ultimate respect for the colors and in an environment that this was obligatory. I'm not going to "just chill." What these people did is well worth fighting over for me. But again I was raised in different times. However that does not mean I can accept actions such as this as being okey dokey. It ain't gonna happen.

As to these Tweet wars going on in Washington I find them juvenile and beneath station. They can't even bother to do them in a well stated and proper manner. They are just middle school prattle in a nanny nanny boo boo format fired off the cuff on a platform of childish emotion. I can understand what Trump said given the provocation that has been coming from reps like Omar and AOC but I do agree the response Trump gave is beneath his office. And it really doesn't take that much brain power to think of a better response. But it's done. So be it.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:28 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Dude, you really need to chill. They should not be doing that, but it's just a FLAG, for godsakes!

When our President thinks he can tell members of Congress - who were born here and are citizens every bit as much as he is - that they should "go back to their countries of origin", that is a far bigger threat to our R+
When the open border crowd leftists took down an American flag and replaced it with a Mexican flag, it means the flags mean something to them.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:33 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:

he didn't 'tell' them to do anything. and you omitted the part where he said they should come back.

how is that in any way a threat to the republic?

Old 07-15-2019, 12:45 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well. the flag means a lot to me. There's a good reason for that. It's much more than "just a flag" to me. It is a symbol of self sacrifice, unity, loyalty, and dedication that so many have died to keep flying. It's not some nondescript piece of cloth.
Yet you aren't upset when companies and various organizations deface the American flag for profit?

You can buy American flag guns, condoms, underwear, t-shirts, you name it. At this point the flag has been so thoroughly defiled I struggle to understand how anyone can be upset by anything related to it.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Yet you aren't upset when companies and various organizations deface the American flag for profit?

You can buy American flag guns, condoms, underwear, t-shirts, you name it. At this point the flag has been so thoroughly defiled I struggle to understand how anyone can be upset by anything related to it.
You can also burn American flag, never forget that.

But you DO NOT pull down American flag and replace it with other nation's flag.

The chinese tourists certainly wear Japanese flag dresses, carry japanese flag bags; The Chinese are certainly okay with Japanese flying Japanese flag in China (depends on the situation)

but they won't allow Japanese pulling down Chines flag in China and replace it with Japanese flag. That means war and conquest. If the Japanese dare to do that, many Chinese would be thinking they want ww2 all over again, and rightfully so.

They don't allow ANYBODY to pull down Chinese flag in their own country and replace it with other national's flag. I don't understand why this is such a foreign concept to many people.

It is not just a simple offensive behavior. It means conquest.

Try this in ANY other country, and see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies