Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2019, 05:40 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
If he said "because you are this race, go back to where you came from", I would see that as racist. What he said was insensitive but I see it as racist.
" but I see it as racist"

Did he even mention race?

I could call THEM racist because they said something "insensitive " about a WHITE man.

If whites CAN'T talk about what non whites say, the non-whites CANNOT talk about what whites say!

It is THAT simple!

AOC is Puerto Rican is NOT a race.

Being from Samolia, is NOT a race.

He was talking about ALL 4 0f them and only 2 are colored.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:40 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
If you don't have a racist bone in your body, this wouldn't be an issue with you.
Au contraire, one doesn't have to actually do or say anything "racist" to be accused of such.

Check it out:

Everything Is Racism | Hire a civil rights lawyer. You're a victim of racism.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:43 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
see, now you're doing it too....

go....fix....come back....and tell us

see how easy it is to say the whole quote....but when you say the whole thing, it's hard to twist it

yep, about as mature as playing the black/race card
You're right, but not in a way that you will like.

Including the 'come back' part or not is irrelevant.

Trump still told three natural born United States citizens to "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it's done. These places need your help badly, you can't leave fast enough", and it is impossible to twist that. They didn't come from anywhere else. They come from the United States.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:44 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,113,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Trump: "Go back to the countries with broken, corrupt govts, fix them, then come back and show us how you did it"

I wonder how Brazilians view their horrific history of slavery and their being the last country in the world to abolish it.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
It's not "grey" at all. He implied countries from which they came, because they are non-white. That brings an unfortunate truth that everyone knows. That if you are non-white, you are considered to be from "somewhere else."
" That brings an unfortunate truth that everyone knows."

Another claim by those who DON'T KNOW everyone in the world but, THINKS they can tell everybody else what they think!

And WE are the UN-educated!

Old 07-16-2019, 05:45 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
And here we have a leftist fanatic engaging in outright clairvoyance, reading Trump's mind to divine, somehow, what he "wanted" to say.

And backing it up, not with truth or even evidence, but with the standard "justification" ("everyone knows....") that has been used by the Soviet Union's "Pravda" state newspaper for decades in lieu of fact.

And still the leftist fanatics are 0-for-everything on discussing Trump's major point.

Who can blame them?
Divine? He said it. It’s racist. Plus many of your ilk like it. Keep hate alive!

Old 07-16-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It was an effective Dog Whistle to the Trump base.
"It was an effective Dog Whistle to the Trump base"

Yet, we SEE who is doing the running!

Old 07-16-2019, 05:46 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,898,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Its too grey area to be called racist.
Democrats are deranged psychopaths, so they overreacted as usual.
They are begging for him to say the N-word, and all they got was this.
As a moderate I'm begging for Trump to be OUR freaking president. Is that really so hard? It doesn't matter what the left says to the president he's the freaking POTUS he's the one elected politician who's allegiance is to every single American. He should rise above all the bickering and lead Americans in the direction through moral leadership not stoop below them. Can you please tell me that the president shouldn't be above all of this, and be held to the highest standard. After all he's the commander in chief, and his behavior is frankly abhorrent to our troops currently serving. He's perpetuating everything the military and I'm sure other government agencies preach against. It's a god damn shame, and all that make excuses for this behavior are a god damn shame as well!!

Last edited by sean1the1; 07-16-2019 at 06:06 PM..

Old 07-16-2019, 05:47 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Honestly, I don't care what member of Congress condems or celebrates him ... the bulk of politicians only care about their own self preservation. We will never know, in most cases, what a politician really thinks about any number of issues ...

I only care what I think about Trump's tweets. And while I wish he'd shut the heck up 1/2 the time, what he said wasn't racist. He says crappy things about everyone - black, white, brown, straight, gay, right, left ... throw a punch his way and he'll punch back harder.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Incorrect. White people are not considered automatically from somewhere else. Non-white people are automatically seen from another country. Especially our bigoted president.

You seem very blind to this
"You seem very blind to this"

Pot, meet kettle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies