Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2019, 06:45 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
In addition to now Independent Justin Amash of Michigan.

Will Hurd (R-TX)
Fred Upton (R-MI)
Susan Brooks (R-IN)
Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA)

Hurd’s district is on the border with Mexico, and I think Fitzpatrick is from the Philadelphia area. I don’t know about Upton or Brooks.

I’m wondering if any of the four are lame ducks, or if their districts are so D leaning that there’s a political advantage in separating from Trump. The latter may be far fetched with Trump’s approval so high among Republicans, but if they’re in urban districts that are competitive, I could see where separating from Trump might be necessary to win in a general election.

I’m expecting to be blasted, but here’s the list for wherever the discussion leads.

The Democrats controlled the White House 70 of the last 100 years.
It's time to step to the back of the line and let President Donald Trump
take back the House and continue resurrecting our economy once and for all.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:46 PM

1,705 posts, read 538,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Unlike Borak Obama, who we found out after the fact secretly met with the Racist Farrakhan and Muslim Brotherhood members, we know what this President does 24/7.
Like we only found out from Russian media, that Trump has had several completely private meetings with Putin?
And NOBODY knows what they have spoken about... Nobody.

After 2 years of massive Russia focus, he has had several one on one meetings with the guy, all the Western Intelligence agencies have said helped trump get elected.

That is not a red flag for you....

Because Obama is somehow a Commi Non American Muslim Racist.. that hates white people?
White males sure had it rough under Obama... wah wah wah...

Gimme a break...

Old 07-16-2019, 06:49 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:

Will Hurd (R-TX)
Fred Upton (R-MI)
Susan Brooks (R-IN)
Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA)

Hurd’s district is on the border with Mexico, and I think Fitzpatrick is from the Philadelphia area. I don’t know about Upton or Brooks.

I’m wondering if any of the four are lame ducks, or if their districts are so D leaning that there’s a political advantage in separating from Trump.
can't speak to any republicans above except Texas republican Hurd. he won his last election by less than 1000 votes.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-16-2019 at 06:58 PM..

Old 07-16-2019, 06:49 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,113,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Where is Samolia ?
'Tis where they make samolians.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:51 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:

Will Hurd (R-TX)
Fred Upton (R-MI)
Susan Brooks (R-IN)
Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA)

I’m wondering if any of the four are lame ducks, or if their districts are so D leaning that there’s a political advantage in separating from Trump. The latter may be far fetched with Trump’s approval so high among Republicans, but if they’re in urban districts that are competitive, I could see where separating from Trump might be necessary to win in a general election.

I’m expecting to be blasted, but here’s the list for wherever the discussion leads.

Pretty short list.

Siding with a bunch of lunatics won't play well in re-election. They must not be planning on running again. Joni Earnst of Iowa condemned Trump- she probably won't get a second term.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:52 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
'Tis where they make samolians.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:56 PM

3,649 posts, read 3,786,423 times
So Trump don't say things in a diplomatic way. No surprise about that. No surprise that the Dems are misquoting him. No surprise that the msm is playing this up.

But I, too, am sick of elected persons bashing this country. Maybe if our reps, all of them, would work on real issues they wouldn't have time to talk so much smack on the US.

Those that are engaging in third grade rhetoric are dragging all of us down.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:00 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Yes, he’s wrong. You only discussed Omar above. The other 3 CAME FROM HERE.

You guys sound ridiculous trying every which way to defend the bigot president.
I never defend Trump. I detest the man. I will however always call out the hypocrisy when I see it.

Omar likes to drop the race card non-stop. She loves bashing our nation and calling us racist. All the while singling out whites as the cause. If she gets to use race then she can't complain if someone singles her out.

She is no Ayaan Hirsi Ali. What she is, is ungrateful to the nation that likely saved her life. I wonder if she experience female circumcision as Ali did at the hands of her own people? That is where she came from. Maybe, just maybe, when she is shredding this country and calling so many of us racists, she should remember that this racist country gave her a home.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:03 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
So Trump don't say things in a diplomatic way. No surprise about that. No surprise that the Dems are misquoting him. No surprise that the msm is playing this up.

But I, too, am sick of elected persons bashing this country. Maybe if our reps, all of them, would work on real issues they wouldn't have time to talk so much smack on the US.

Those that are engaging in third grade rhetoric are dragging all of us down.
Which Democrats are misquoting Trump ?

Old 07-16-2019, 07:05 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,397,254 times
M-PI-AR . . . My President Is A Racist! Without a doubt.

Never in my wildest thoughts could I've foreseen The Leader of the Free World unabashedly embracing hatred, vitriol, and racism against non-white United States Citizens, be they naturalized or born within the 50 States. This is unprecendented within relatively recent Presidential history. Nevertheless, I accept this as yet another "New Reality" in today's United States. Hatred is winning. Common sense is all but lost. Bi-partisanship for the good of "We The People?" Pfft! Please! That is so a thing of the past.

Welcome to The United States of America!

Before anyone writes, "You're welcomed to leave" . . . No! I am not going anywhere! This is my Home, my Land, my Country; the Country I Proudly, Honorably, and Voluntarily risked my life for decades ago; the Land in which I've raised Assets - not burdens - of Our Society. The Land which will someday witness my very last breath regardless of how much My President wishes I were not here.

I despise this President. I Love The United States Of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies