Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 12:00 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
I'm ex-military and come from a military family as well as good friends. I'll die for my country and whup ass on anyone that betrays the US. Personally I believe our Govt has and continues to betray our country in spades.

But consider how difficult the revolution was in 1776. A revolution now would be a lesson in futility. Waaaay back in the day a patriot had a fighting chance. Oh look, British soldiers lined up like dominoes. Bada bing down they go.
Now, the last thing you'd see is a gray, hazy cloud descending your once quaint neighborhood. Then you get dead.
Any leader who nuked his own citizens en masse would have to grow eyes in the back of their head, for he/she would be in danger not only to their own citizens, but to their own cabinet. Even Hitler couldn't stop the attempts at his life even with his lockstep military, and only escaped them by skin of his teeth on a couple of occassions.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:06 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
And I was responding to a previous post. You have any bright ideas how we could all refuse taxes in concert and it work? Yes, if enough refuse and meet tax enforcers at the door with guns eventually something will come to a head. Now that the health care bill has been passed and the Govt. will tax us into oblivion lets see how you feel about it in a year or two.
So then you are saying that you will NOT be refusing too pay your taxes?
So then you won't be confronting the IRS. Much ado about nothing eh!

Old 03-23-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Oh and by the way, when we do take over the Govt. I want your vote for Almighty Benevolent King BigS**t.

My first order of business will be to outlaw all reality shows, the ACLU and HOA's.

"A chicken in every pot and a car in ever garage." Not a Smart car either.

Reality shows, the ACLU and HOA's

A conspiracy?

Old 03-23-2010, 12:11 PM

Just grow/sell your own food, barter, and only buy and sell physical commodities. No fuss, no muss with the benevolent IRS. If you're a small enough operation, you'll fly right under the radar screen.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:57 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times
The libs have to be awfully dumb. You have a huge bunch of people who know their history, are well armed and are rallying around the idea that their present government is borderline tyrannical. So then the libs go ahead and shove something down the throats of the citizens in a tyrannical manner and believe that the citizens are just going to lump it.

They are in for a big surprise.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:36 PM

The fact that 38 states are in one capacity or another going to resist this federal mandate should be very very telling.

A Soviet styled breakup seems more likely than ever. DC isn't going to nuke or kill anyone. They are peacefully going to step aside just as the Reds did.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:02 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
Tea baggers the time has come, put on those camo leisure suits, grab your prune juice and lets convoy to the capital on our mobility scooters.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The fact that 38 states are in one capacity or another going to resist this federal mandate should be very very telling.

A Soviet styled breakup seems more likely than ever. DC isn't going to nuke or kill anyone. They are peacefully going to step aside just as the Reds did.
That will make Dick Armey's head explode. The Insurance Companies paid him and """Freedomworks""" millions to stop Health Insurance Reform. If the courts overturn the individual mandate, they'll get regulation and no neew customers. I love it

Old 03-23-2010, 03:33 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Tea baggers the time has come, put on those camo leisure suits, grab your prune juice and lets convoy to the capital on our mobility scooters.
This issue is serious, we have a government who is in obvious contest to the legitimacy of their law, so much that 38 states are filing suit. People are upset and angry about having higher taxes and mandates with fines imposed for not conforming while we are currently in a economic situation to which can not support such frivolous spending and taxation and all you can do is come in here like a coward on an internet board and taunt people?

Why child you need to be lain over the knee of an adult and have your back side whipped until you got some sense back into you.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:36 PM

527 posts, read 467,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I propose peaceful secession, but when they turn their guns on me, I will certainly defend myself. We're gunna need tanks, planes, and automatic weapons to form a real militia. I reckon some liberty loving guys in the federal military will help us out. Surely our cause for independence has some sympathizers on the inside.
Let me know how that works out for you- better head over to the Alamo and get yourself ready-wait there for the rest of your buds to come save your a**
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies