Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 04:45 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,710,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Wrong yet again. Due to the arms race, Reagan forced the Soviet Union to spend itself into bankruptcy.
The only ones who won't admit it are the anti-Reagan people and the leftist historians.
the Soviets fell under their own weight. Doesn't make them any less Communists. But Bush is perfectly willing to accept "intelligence" from Communists? Like Putin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 04:47 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,710,949 times
Quote:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see some people are still trying to desperately defend their "buddy" Saddam! Look up "Salman Pak."

Look up "Ahmed Chalabi"...once groomed for a leadership role in Iraq...the offer was QUICKLY rescinded when he started criticizing the American government.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:06 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,509,120 times
Quote:
I'll reply to the rest of the garbage you posted later, but for now: Just to point out to others how anti-Reagan you are: Ronald Reagan used the word "AIDS" 6 times in his 1986 State of the Union Address. What is your excuse now?
Rather than falling yet again for swill provided by the right-wing disinformation media, pull up a transcript of Reagan's 1986 State of the Union address. Search it. Read it. The word "AIDS" does not appear. Nowhere. Not one time. What's your excuse now?

Old 04-19-2008, 06:13 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,870,197 times
thomas jefferson, nuff said.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:19 AM

holy crap, these are my top 2 as well. coolidge is the "do nothing" president, just like I like em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post
Coolidge and Jefferson.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:08 AM

526 posts, read 1,484,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
the Soviets fell under their own weight. Doesn't make them any less Communists. But Bush is perfectly willing to accept "intelligence" from Communists? Like Putin?
I don't understand THAT logic at all -- what made the old Soviet Union so dangerous was that it was very competent - particulary when it came to espionage. Think about it.

I like Bush 43 but it is much too soon to assess his presidency - obviously.

Anyway as for my favorite president - I would say Franklin Roosevelt. It's impossible to predict the consequences of a hypothetical but a case could be made that Roosevelt actually saved the country as a capitalist state.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:10 AM

wow, someone from san fran supporting obama? SHOCKER!!!! if barack obama did get elected, which he won't, he would be out after 4 years. all the best presidents in history are republicans. sorry, it's just a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Bush is universally recognized as the WORST President in history. Even the DEAD rose up to vote and he's a landslide winner in this category.

I'll reserve my judgment on who is the best after Obama brings this country out of the Dubya Dark Ages and gets this country back on the road to enlightenment over 2 terms. Hopefully, he can replace some of these conservative idiots on the Supreme Court as well.

Obama '08!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:34 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,151,073 times
Quote:
I'll reply to the rest of the garbage you posted later, but for now:

Just to point out to others how anti-Reagan you are: Ronald Reagan used the word "AIDS" 6 times in his 1986 State of the Union Address. What is your excuse now?
Fleet, I love reading your posts in this thread but you leave out the name of the poster you are answering. It makes it harder to follow along (but still very impressive!)

Last edited by laysayfair; 04-19-2008 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 04-19-2008, 09:51 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,667,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla33 View Post
i like geore bush u guys might bash him but he has the old school way of thinking we need. what would al gore do thats more better than bush?i think the porblme is that bush has the way of thinking and idea that may be apreciated in 10-15 yers but right now its not acepted because of radical liberal thought movement.
No offense, but based on your spelling in the thread headline, I kind of pegged you for a Bush supporter.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:00 AM

really, I figured he was a sarcastic obama supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
No offense, but based on your spelling in the thread headline, I kind of pegged you for a Bush supporter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies