Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2019, 05:41 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times

Advertisements

"Kindergartners and other elementary-aged students in California’s public schools will be taught to reject “gender stereotypes” – such as about clothing, colors and toys – and to accept transgenderism as normative if proposed health guidelines are approved. There would be no opt-out option for parents. One recommended book in the guidelines tells the story of a boy who wants to be a princess. Another recommended book teaches students there are at least 15 genders. That same book also tells children it’s impossible to know if a baby is a boy or a girl."

Okay is this just not getting ridicules? I'm not here to bash California as it has thee perfect weather and some of the most beautiful landscape in America but have you people lost your minds?

Tell me this really doesn't play with majority of the state and this is just some weirdo concept that will most likely get rejected.

Thoughts or maybe I am out on a island on this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 07:22 PM

764 posts, read 2,037,395 times
Source for that quote?

Old 08-09-2019, 07:26 PM

1,210 posts, read 888,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
"Kindergartners and other elementary-aged students in California’s public schools will be taught to reject “gender stereotypes” – such as about clothing, colors and toys – and to accept transgenderism as normative if proposed health guidelines are approved. There would be no opt-out option for parents. One recommended book in the guidelines tells the story of a boy who wants to be a princess. Another recommended book teaches students there are at least 15 genders. That same book also tells children it’s impossible to know if a baby is a boy or a girl."

Okay is this just not getting ridicules? I'm not here to bash California as it has thee perfect weather and some of the most beautiful landscape in America but have you people lost your minds?

Tell me this really doesn't play with majority of the state and this is just some weirdo concept that will most likely get rejected.

Solution: Eliminate government schools. All private. Parents decide, not the school government politicians.
But poor people can't afford it.
Sure they can, their taxes will go down and they'll not have no incentive to have 7 kids on $25K/year incomes.
But they don't pay taxes to go down!
I thought only rich people didn't pay their fair share! Then make the tax system proportional to voting strengths: the more tax you pay, the more votes you get to cast.
But that's not fair, one vote, one person!
Is middle class and wealthy people paying 99% of the taxes fair?

Old 08-09-2019, 08:33 PM

702 posts, read 954,331 times
Story is false. Some books about gender stereotypes appeared in a draft educational resource document as "suggested." Probably won't even be in the final document.

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-...rteners-there/

Old 08-10-2019, 08:55 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Lol there are 2.

Old 08-10-2019, 09:08 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
I am no longer surprised by anything that happens in California. Trump was correct when he said the place was a train wreck.

Old 08-10-2019, 09:18 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Anyone who has read my posts on the topic knows that I support the transgender community, but this sheet is way over the top. Not only that but it undermines legitimate issues.

Old 08-10-2019, 09:26 AM

732 posts, read 390,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post

What appears to be some details on the whole she-bang.

https://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/he/cf/index.asp

Honestly, I don't know how the teachers have time for actual school given all the great ideas people have piled on them to program little kids in desirable ways.

One book specifically mentioned is that enduring work, 'My Princess Boy' by Cheryl Kilodavis. Dunno if it has 15 genders or not, one can only hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies