Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 09:59 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times

Advertisements

I keep seeing a lot of Democrats claim that the only thing keeping President Trump from being charged, prosecuted and out of jail is the fact that he's in the White House and that he's facing criminal charges and/or jail time as soon as he leaves office... do you people think that really concerns those of us who voted for and support President Trump?

I'm sure there's a small portion of Donald Trump's base out there who love the guy on a personal level and would be distraught if he were to be locked up after leaving office but I don't know any of those people. I do know a ton of people like myself who didn't vote for him based on his personal life, his past private business dealings, his affairs with hookers or the color of his skin and hair... we voted for him based on his plans and his willingness to say and do the things that need to be said and done even if they **** off a lot of people.

I don't see how any current dem candidate can beat him in 2020 so I believe he'll get a second term, if he does and is immediately prosecuted the day he leaves office in 2024 most of us won't care. We got what we wanted, we got the policies we wanted, we got the increased attention to our Southern border that we wanted, we got the Supreme Court that we wanted and we got the federal judges that we wanted. If Donald Trump is locked up in 2024 based on some frivolous and vindictive democrat witch hunt we still got what we wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 10:01 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Doesn't matter to me what you think.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Doesn't matter to me what you think.
Great, the feeling is 100% mutual. Thanks.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:06 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I keep seeing a lot of Democrats claim that the only thing keeping President Trump from being charged, prosecuted and out of jail is the fact that he's in the White House and that he's facing criminal charges and/or jail time as soon as he leaves office... do you people think that really concerns those of us who voted for and support President Trump?

I'm sure there's a small portion of Donald Trump's base out there who love the guy on a personal level and would be distraught if he were to be locked up after leaving office but I don't know any of those people. I do know a ton of people like myself who didn't vote for him based on his personal life, his past private business dealings, his affairs with hookers or the color of his skin and hair... we voted for him based on his plans and his willingness to say and do the things that need to be said and done even if they **** off a lot of people.

I don't see how any current dem candidate can beat him in 2020 so I believe he'll get a second term, if he does and is immediately prosecuted the day he leaves office in 2024 most of us won't care. We got what we wanted, we got the policies we wanted, we got the increased attention to our Southern border that we wanted, we got the Supreme Court that we wanted and we got the federal judges that we wanted. If Donald Trump is locked up in 2024 based on some frivolous and vindictive democrat witch hunt we still got what we wanted.
I don't think they will go after Trump after he leaved office. I believe that Trump has a lot of information on the deep state that will come out if they try to prosecute him. Plenty of important people would like to keep their crimes under the radar. One thing is for certain though. If Trump gets reelected the first thing he will do is have Barr lock up all these people under investigation by Barr and Durham. Just watch!

Old 07-28-2019, 10:11 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
You do realize he can just step down and be pardoned, right? For federal stuff, anyway.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:12 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I don't think they will go after Trump after he leaved office. I believe that Trump has a lot of information on the deep state that will come out if they try to prosecute him. Plenty of important people would like to keep their crimes under the radar. One thing is for certain though. If Trump gets reelected the first thing he will do is have Barr lock up all these people under investigation by Barr and Durham. Just watch!
Keep believing that. New York State has other plans.

As for the OP's question, no, I don't think most conservatives care. The real Trump lovers do not believe anything negative about Trump, and never will. And the conservatives like the OP care nothing of his unethical and/or criminal past. Those things only matter if we're talking about Democrats.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Keep believing that. New York State has other plans.

As for the OP's question, no, I don't think most conservatives care. The real Trump lovers do not believe anything negative about Trump, and never will. And the conservatives like the OP care nothing of his unethical and/or criminal past. Those things only matter if we're talking about Democrats.
I couldn't possibly care less what the state of New York tries to do to him after he's out of office. He's doing what I want him to while he's in the White House, that's all that matters to me.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:16 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Democrats or no, Trump will spend a lot of unhappy days in court after his pretend presidency is over. His best bet would be to run off to Russia to avoid extradition.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Democrats or no, Trump will spend a lot of unhappy days in court after his pretend presidency is over. His best bet would be to run off to Russia to avoid extradition.
And we will be focused on the 2024 Presidential election.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:20 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I couldn't possibly care less what the state of New York tries to do to him after he's out of office. He's doing what I want him to while he's in the White House, that's all that matters to me.
Yes, I get it. You don't care if he is as crooked as the day is long. As long as he is implementing your agenda it doesn't matter to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies