Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 06:56 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaipeiTaiwan View Post
Poll takers use what is called representative sample.

If you disagree with poll please advise methodological error.
You claimed to be an engineer in another topic. Do you honestly think a sample size of 0.0008% is mathematically valid for anything?

Polling is a pseudo science. Up there with with divining for water.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:03 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaipeiTaiwan View Post
Poll takers use what is called representative sample.

If you disagree with poll please advise methodological error.
n = sample size

N = population size

If you have a subgroup sample size, it is indexed as n_i

This is a n_i sample. They tend not to scale well when compared to real world outcomes.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:09 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,673,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Trump's antics would not work on either Sander or Warren 1v1 live as they both are able to not take the bait and just bypass whatever distraction / non relevant talking point he's attempting to put forward. His retorts would be rambling and non cohesive.

My experiences with Sanders supporters has not been the same. Not sure what 'gen' you're from, but that's not been my experience either. But keep up that anti-intellectual facade, it serves you well
Most people who are smart have made it in life and don't want to give their hard-earned money away to bums looking for handouts. In other words, not Bernie supporters.

I know not one person who wants to lose their health insurance for government run crap.

And lol, Trump would completely annihilate either of them. Their stupid, radical, "let's give everyone free sh*t" ideas won't work which is just a matter of basic math.

Meanwhile Trump's policies are mostly working.

Not that someone like you would ever admit it.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Most people who are smart have made it in life and don't want to give their hard-earned money away to bums looking for handouts. In other words, not Bernie supporters.

I know not one person who wants to lose their health insurance for government run crap.

And lol, Trump would completely annihilate either of them. Their stupid, radical, "let's give everyone free sh*t" ideas won't work which is just a matter of basic math.

So are you born smart and destined to be a millionaire? Or does one have to go to school and apply themselves to be brain washed by some ******* professor to become one? If you're smart, is it not possible you won't be really financially successful? I'm not sure what your point is here?

I know plenty of people that would be willing to pool together their bargaining power to get better (more comprehensive) health care for more people for a lower over all cost per. There are examples of it working touching our border.

That's the issue here - it's not solved by "BASIC MATHS" jfc

Nah they're not really even 'mostly working', but keep back peddling. *beep**beep*

*EDIT* Most people I know in life that are successful, don't look over their fence to see what their neighbor has, but rather what they need.

Last edited by Jabronie; 08-01-2019 at 07:29 PM..

Old 08-01-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
So are you born smart and destined to be a millionaire? Or does one have to go to school and apply themselves to be brain washed by some ******* professor to become one? If you're smart, is it not possible you won't be really financially successful? I'm not sure what your point is here?
My point is, most successful people want to pay the government the least amount possible. Even if they don't admit it.

Quote:
I know plenty of people that would be willing to pool together their bargaining power to get better (more comprehensive) health care for more people for a lower over all cost per. There are examples of it working touching our border.[/b]

Then have them donate their money to whatever charity or health program they wish. I'm sure not stopping them. The government isn't getting one red cent extra from me. I bet a million dollars you pay the IRS the least amount legally possible. Your "people", too.

Quote:
That's the issue here - it's not solved by "BASIC MATHS" jfc
Except that it is. Half of America (45%) pays no income taxes. How many tens of trillions will all this crap cost? So guess who gets stuck with the tab? I'll give you a hint--it's not the people who pay nothing.

Quote:
Nah they're not really even 'mostly working', but keep back peddling. *beep**beep*
Guess you own zero stock or investments, or never check this thing called the GDP or notice how the economy is doing. The new PM of England used to completely rip Trump, but now he wants a trade deal with him; it's hilarious.

America is flourishing right now.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
My point is, most successful people want to pay the government the least amount possible. Even if they don't admit it.
I'm curious how you know this if they don't admit it?

Quote:
Then have them donate their money to whatever charity or health program they wish. I'm sure not stopping them. The government isn't getting one red cent extra from me. I bet a million dollars you pay the IRS the least amount legally possible. Your "people", too.
Donating to a cause has nothing to do with raising basic universal health standards and quality of life for the country - again, don't see what connection you're attempting to make. I owed for the first time in 2016, could I have found 'some way' to pay less? Maybe? But to be frank as someone that has had some hard times, I actually felt, I'unno, OK with it.

Quote:
Except that it is. Half of America (45%) pays no income taxes. How many tens of trillions will all this crap cost? So guess who gets stuck with the tab? I'll give you a hint--it's not the people who pay nothing.
If you love numbers and stats so much, go look up how many 'tens of trillions' get usurped by corporations. Which I guess you're cool with seeing that 'saving as much as legally is possible' is equivalent to 'saving as much as is reasonable'.

Quote:
Guess you own zero stock or investments, or never check this thing called the GDP or notice how the economy is doing. The new PM of England used to completely rip Trump, but now he wants a trade deal with him; it's hilarious.
Nah, had a 2 year unemployment stint, and while it sucked, cashed in some stocks to make it work.

Quote:
America is flourishing right now.
Lets agree to disagree.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:51 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Way too many people on stage at one time

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Old 08-01-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I'm curious how you know this if they don't admit it?
Nobody knows who votes for whom when they go behind that curtain. I bet there are millions of "closet" Trump voters, and this wouldn't be the first President where it's like that.

Quote:
Donating to a cause has nothing to do with raising basic universal health standards and quality of life for the country - again, don't see what connection you're attempting to make. I owed for the first time in 2016, could I have found 'some way' to pay less? Maybe? But to be frank as someone that has had some hard times, I actually felt, I'unno, OK with it.
Sure it does! To give everyone great healthcare costs money. That's another thing liberals don't get about rich people. Many, many rich people donate to charities, or your words "causes", because they'd rather it go directly to that agenda rather than giving it to Uncle Sam to waste.

Quote:
If you love numbers and stats so much, go look up how many 'tens of trillions' get usurped by corporations. Which I guess you're cool with seeing that 'saving as much as legally is possible' is equivalent to 'saving as much as is reasonable'.
Let me guess, you're talking about Amazon? They take the tax money they don't pay and build huge distribution centers, etc. (and write it off), and create thousands and thousands of jobs. Jobs=taxpayers.

Quote:
Lets agree to disagree.
Fine by me.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:04 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
The way they attack Biden via Obama's policies, you would think Obama is a Republican.

I do not think this strategy is going to work well.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:12 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:

The government run "crap" called Medicare seems to be quite popular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies