Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 10:09 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
point of order - the quoted tweet was actually a retweet of Ben Shapiro making fun of the logo.

Ah, the infamous never-Trumper Ben Shapiro! We should have known.

Good catch, Bo.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:17 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
The paranoia and hostility over there in Left Field gets a little crazier every day; keep spewing. all you lttlle boys and girls.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:19 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The paranoia and hostility over there in Left Field gets a little crazier every day; keep spewing. all you lttlle boys and girls.
I think Erick Erickson would take issue with being described as "in Left Field."

Old 08-02-2019, 10:19 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
LAWL..

Deranged always outraged leftists in this topic got rick rolled by Ben Shapiro.

Classic fun.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:30 AM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Just love the intelligent, thoughtful discourse in this place.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:30 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

It took me 0.76 seconds to find out. Don't you know how to use a search engine?
What you should be worried about is your unfortunate fixation on Erick Erickson, a mental foible on your part which you have yet to adequately explain. This guy is not now, nor has he ever been, grist for dinner table conversations across the nation...not by any stretch of the imagination. One is left to wonder why you insist on hanging on his every word (or Tweet), whether correctly attributed or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514

I understand the symbols. They just are assembled in a very silly way.
I would imagine that, for you at this point, feigning that understanding now is preferable to having to relive the embarrassment of failing to comprehend the symbols earlier. I get that. Perfectly understandable. It enables you to now position yourself as some sort of self-proclaimed commercial art critic, rather than having to admit that you were a clueless boob who happened to be caught following yet another clueless boob on Twitter.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:35 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
It's fine. If anything its a bit lazy, the graphic designer better have been an intern or they got ripped off.
It's basically clip art with a color change, again this is subjective.

But its fine, ugly but fine.
Someone said three-ring circus, and I kinda like that. At least this time they didn't accidentally grab a deliberate parody off a quick Google search. And TIL that the City of Charlotte is named for the queen of George III. I'll confess the symbolism collision amuses me slightly.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:39 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
More progressive nitpicking..

it's not exclusive to progressives....:

Did Anti-American Democrat Party Debate Under an EU symbol? - No American Flags

Old 08-02-2019, 10:45 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
What you should be worried about is your unfortunate fixation on Erick Erickson, a mental foible on your part which you have yet to adequately explain. This guy is not now, nor has he ever been, grist for dinner table conversations across the nation...not by any stretch of the imagination. One is left to wonder why you insist on hanging on his every word (or Tweet), whether correctly attributed or not.

I would imagine that, for you at this point, feigning that understanding now is preferable to having to relive the embarrassment of failing to comprehend the symbols earlier. I get that. Perfectly understandable. It enables you to now position yourself as some sort of self-proclaimed commercial art critic, rather than having to admit that you were a clueless boob who happened to be caught following yet another clueless boob on Twitter.

Or maybe, just maybe, both Shapiro and Erickson don't actually like the selected logo?

Occam's Razor...

Old 08-02-2019, 10:50 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I have ben around long enough to see and understand the trends.

My post is a bit facetious but something of a warning. The Republican party has been abandoning it's roots (and I know it is painful for some to realize), it does not promote republican values.

No party that actively works at disenfranchising blocks of citizens through various means (for any reason) can claim to be be republican. Trump's personal attacks on US members of congress for their perceived 'otherness' don't reflect the values of 'republican', but the rank and file seem to approve.

You criticize my post, but how do you feel about Trump suggesting we should have a president for life? You recognize a jest in his public statement but judge my post 'scary'?

In light of all of that, your post is so much the scarier.
If it makes you feel better, I find most of what Trump says to be idiotic hyperbole as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies