Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 08:54 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Well, ok then. Really, it isn't.

It certainly front and center among the reasons we shouldn't let ANY of them through, as put forth by right wing pundits, CD posters and the President of the United States.

Trump's literally said thousands of times there would be a big beautiful door in the middle of the wall for them to enter legally.

There's also a ton of non racist reasons to oppose legal immigration. It isn't like our cities are not crowded enough, and flooding the country with more people, many of them poor, doesn't help Americans get jobs and it suppresses wages.

The only reason you support illegal immigration is you see these voters as likely Democrat voters.

if they are likely Republican voters, we would have had a massive wall 50 years ago.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-04-2019 at 10:21 AM..

Old 08-04-2019, 08:55 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The El Paso shooter isn't a white nationalist, either. From his manifesto...

"...the idea of deporting or murdering all non-white Americans is horrific. Many have been here as long as the whites, and have done as much to build our country."

NOT the words of a white nationalist.
So how would you explain this?

"...It spoke of a “Hispanic invasion of Texas.” It detailed a plan to separate America into territories by race. It warned that white people were being replaced by foreigners.

"...The authorities were scrutinizing the 2,300-word screed on Saturday and attempting to determine whether it was written by the same man who killed 20 people and injured more than two dozen others near the Mexican border..."

"...The words of the manifesto, in citing the “great replacement” theory, echo the slogan that was chanted during a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va., in 2017: “Jews will not replace us...”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/03/u...manifesto.html

Old 08-04-2019, 08:56 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
According to the lt governor on Texas that was on Fox News this morning, white guy mass shootings are the fault of atheism and video games. No wonder Fox News viewers score poorly on current events facts tests
The Lt Governor, Dan Patrick's first comment after the shooting was to warn Antifa to stay away

Old 08-04-2019, 08:57 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
If I kicked in your door and moved into your home uninvited . calling myself your undocumented resident. Ate your food, used your utilities and you started screaming that I was ruining your life. Would you be wrong saying that?
Better analogy: You came to my door, claiming that you were being chased by a gang that wanted to kill you. I say "too bad" and slam the door in your face. My wife says "let him in, at least until we can determine if he's really in danger. Meanwhile, let's give him something to eat". I say "No way, this is our house, we don't want him here. He'll eat us out of house and home". My wife says "have a little compassion. We have plenty of extra food. And once he gets on his feet, he'll be able to pay rent which we could really use." I disagree, and we get into a big argument about it, possibly leading to divorce.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:01 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The Lt Governor, Dan Patrick's first comment after the shooting was to warn Antifa to stay away

Good advice. Antifa is unarmed, they have never used a firearm in any of their protests. How thoughtful of Mr. Patrick to show concern for Antifa's safety.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:01 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
We are under attack by white nationalists.

And, hey, thought Trump's Muslim Ban was to protect us from Terrorists.

Looks like it is another Failed Trump Policy.

We need a ban on White Nationalists.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:02 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
"We're full". Straight from the horses mouth. The people he referenced, in our concentration camps, are legal refugee applicants. Not illegal aliens.

I was truthful and you should apologize.
He was talking about the caravans and people trying to abuse the refugee process.

People were killed in the Nazi concentration campus. that's not happening at the border.

Another leftwing lie based in your quest for more political power.

you are trivializing the Holocaust when you say our border is like Nazi concentration camps.

That's Soviet style propaganda.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:05 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Hey Pete, what if you found out the Kid was Gay?

Would you blame it on his struggles with coming out as a gay man ?
Since we do not have any issues with gay men shooting people let's concentrate on the people that we do have problems. That is disaffected White supremacist males. OK?

Further, what did Mayor Pete say that is incorrect? I ask b/c you deflect with asking about a gay child. We will never fix our problems if we don't face reality of this situation. Yes?

Last edited by Oakformonday; 08-04-2019 at 09:18 AM..

Old 08-04-2019, 09:08 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
If Trump doesn't tone down his inflammatory racist language, he will be complicit in these acts of domestic terrorism.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:09 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
He was talking about the caravans and people trying to abuse the refugee process.

People were killed in the Nazi concentration campus. that's not happening at the border.

Another leftwing lie based in your quest for more political power.

you are trivializing the Holocaust when you say our border is like Nazi concentration camps.

That's Soviet style propaganda.
Paranoid delusion. On display for the world to see. Mix in a little denial, obfuscation, accusing the other side of doing what you're doing and some dehumanizing of people you don't like.

He was talking about poor brown people coming to apply for refugee status legally. Your assumption that they are gaming the system because a couple do is not factual.

Concentration camps aren't limited to Nazis or Jews. We put the Japanese Americans in them. This is the same as that. Come off your high horse, I think you're sitting backwards up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies