Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 10:22 PM

8,587 posts, read 11,020,508 times

Advertisements

Today , on the news, I saw a woman in El Paso demonstrating against the president's visit to the area, and one thing she said, stood out in my mind, so after I turned the tv off, I searched for the video when Mr.Trump announced he was seeking the presidency.

The woman claimed Mr. Trump said all Mexicans were racist thieves, rapist, etc, which is why she was here demonstrating against his visit.
Well the video speaks for itself, and obviously this woman never saw the video, and was just relaying what others had told her.

Candidate Trump stated the words the woman had repeated, but she must have missed the sentence just after.
His words were, "I assume SOME are good people, we need good people".

I am posting that video here, to clear up the mis conception.
It is a good look back at what he had to say, and what he has accomplished since that first speech.

He hasn't achieved it all, but we are a great deal better off than the day he made that speech.
It hasn't been done overnight, and won't be, but there is definite progress.
Enjoy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apjNfkysjbM

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 10:46 PM

21,196 posts, read 19,815,199 times
Democrats don’t care what he said. All they care about is what they wish he said.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:14 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,129,886 times
"I assume SOME are good people"..

"I don't like you but I assume SOME are good"

Old 08-07-2019, 11:33 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,899,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
"I assume SOME are good people"..

"I don't like you but I assume SOME are good"
Any one on the left trying to use this to make their point, needs to look in the mirror.

Gun owners are gun nuts?

Deplorables?

Republicans are trying to put blacks back in chains?

It seems to me that many on the left like to paint with an extra wide brush when they discuss those they disagree with.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,727,653 times
Tell a lie enough and everyone starts to believe it.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:08 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,409,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
By that logic, if you tell the truth enough many people might not believe it, right?

Old 08-12-2019, 06:22 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,721,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Today , on the news, I saw a woman in El Paso demonstrating against the president's visit to the area, and one thing she said, stood out in my mind, so after I turned the tv off, I searched for the video when Mr.Trump announced he was seeking the presidency.

The woman claimed Mr. Trump said all Mexicans were racist thieves, rapist, etc, which is why she was here demonstrating against his visit.
Well the video speaks for itself, and obviously this woman never saw the video, and was just relaying what others had told her.

Candidate Trump stated the words the woman had repeated, but she must have missed the sentence just after. His words were, "I assume SOME are good people, we need good people".

I am posting that video here, to clear up the mis conception.
It is a good look back at what he had to say, and what he has accomplished since that first speech.

He hasn't achieved it all, but we are a great deal better off than the day he made that speech.
It hasn't been done overnight, and won't be, but there is definite progress.
Enjoy...
Bob.
This is news to you? The clip is endlessly replayed on TV and, yes, Trump does not say "all." But in general, he has shown himself to be prejudiced toward all kinds of ethnic backgrounds, and really ha it in for Hispanics (except the illegals hired for his own properties, of course). And, of course, the "I assume some are good people" - that's just a weak attempt at a save.

And I assume you know that over half the country does not think we're better off, and the ones that do seem mainly to just be thinking of personal economics.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:24 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,790,804 times
Trump is a racist.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:26 PM

46,370 posts, read 27,199,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

A perfect example below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Trump is a racist.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:27 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,790,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
A perfect example below:
I’ve never been called perfect. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies