Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 06:42 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Laughing at the hapless Democrats who still have absolutely nothing to combat Trump and his success in office.

You guys are very excitable these days. It's not good for you. Maybe take on some yoga and calm down a bit. You know another loss is coming. Prepare now to make it easier.
You of all people better hope and pray he does win, or you won't be able to show yourself around this forum for a while. Lots of poster will be waiting on you with all the smack you talk all the time. And you know how you love to go hahahahaha all the time about everything, well is going to be coming right back at ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 07:02 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Once again...

Mr Trump won the popular vote in 49 of the 50 states by 1 million votes.
Ah, so you are willing to remove a couple trillion from GDP, the millions of jobs CA. gave to TX and many other states, all their "one person one vote" BS....and 50% of the Venture Capital from the USA...to make your point?

That is as sad as saying that, if not for some 3rd party candidates, Trump may have lost.

As it stands our system is rigged...the founders surely would not have thought it fair to have 30+ million people having the same Senators # as 1 million.

But that's not enough for you. You have to write off what would be one of the largest economies in the world....in order to prove some point???

Fantastic. I get it. What you are saying if that if "we" want to win we must have massive margins, otherwise the gerrymandering and manipulation of the voter rolls and such will swing it to the minority party.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
You of all people better hope and pray he does win, or you won't be able to show yourself around this forum for a while. Lots of poster will be waiting on you with all the smack you talk all the time. And you know how you love to go hahahahaha all the time about everything, well is going to be coming right back at ya.
Waldo does not have shame about such things....why, you can find him in the "Dow is forging ahead" thread from 18+ months ago claiming it is a rocket ship. Of course, since it isn't, you won't have him saying anything except "liberals are wishing for recession"......

I wish I could be "Right" all the time but sometimes events and facts and statistics get in the way.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:07 AM

29,505 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'm not talking just beat......

Let's say that he is basically destroyed....5+ million or more in the popular vote, a landslide in the EC and bad news in lots of the down ballot races (Congress, States, etc.)....

What would be your thoughts? Full speed ahead with the same basic strategy?

Or would some of you accept that Trump was an "accident" and not good for the GOP and/or USA in a general sense?

I'm just wondering...and it's a big IF.

We saw how the Tea Party instantly disappeared and GOP stopped being fiscally responsible at all...due to the Trump election.

So will any particular issues like that change into the opposite direction? Or, will Trumpism continue in the form of no free trade, no care about fiscal matters (except for tax cuts), etc.????

It's interesting to game out....maybe companies like Fox are starting to think the same way? What are they going to do is he is destroyed fair and square?

It will be interesting to see...and it does have some chance of happening (so does every other scenario)....as his disapproval spread is continuing and is at 12 points (aggregate) now.

Popular vote means absolutely nothing. If he does lose the election, which I feel is his to lose if he doesn't start getting serious , life will go on. I'll be concerned what happens with the 2A , immigration and the economy but there is always a concern for those. Either way, nothing will be life changing, hopefully.
If things do go sideways, I will laugh , shake my head and say we brought this on ourselves...

Old 08-22-2019, 07:08 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I'll act exactly like the liberals have acted for the past 4 years. Not my President. Resist. Lie. Smear. Character assassination. Defriending people over it. Trying to get those who voted against him fired. Mock assassinations. The whole 9 yards.
Not too different than how some Republicans reacted when Obama won twice, how some Democrats reacted when Bush was elected twice and how some Republicans reacted when Clinton was elected twice.

On 9/12 1994 an intoxicated recently terminated truck driver thought it a swell idea to steal a Cessna 150 and crash it into the WH. He missed and crashed on the South lawn.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:12 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:

Let's say that he is basically destroyed....5+ million or more in the popular vote, a landslide in the EC and bad news in lots of the down ballot races (Congress, States, etc.)....

Or would some of you accept that Trump was an "accident" and not good for the GOP and/or USA in a general sense?

We saw how the Tea Party instantly disappeared and GOP stopped being fiscally responsible at all...due to the Trump election.

So will any particular issues like that change into the opposite direction? Or, will Trumpism continue in the form of no free trade, no care about fiscal matters (except for tax cuts), etc.????

It's interesting to game out....maybe companies like Fox are starting to think the same way? What are they going to do is he is destroyed fair and square?

It will be interesting to see...and it does have some chance of happening (so does every other scenario)....as his disapproval spread is continuing and is at 12 points (aggregate) now.
How about we wait and see. Kudos to your side if can round-up enough illegals and dead people in order to win.
No matter what happens, you people will be angry.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:12 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Waldo does not have shame about such things....why, you can find him in the "Dow is forging ahead" thread from 18+ months ago claiming it is a rocket ship. Of course, since it isn't, you won't have him saying anything except "liberals are wishing for recession"......

I wish I could be "Right" all the time but sometimes events and facts and statistics get in the way.

This is the same person who claimed they voted for Obama the first time. Just stop and think about that one for a second, but of I didn't believe that lie.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
How about we wait and see. Kudos to your side if can round-up enough illegals and dead people in order to win.
No matter what happens, you people will be angry.
I really doubt illegals and dead people are creating the 12 point disapproval of Trump or th 6+ point Generic Congressional Ballot, but if it makes you feel better you can make that assumption.

If there are 100 illegal (fraudulent) votes in the entire country I'd be surprised.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:34 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:

1. be thankful that Americans saved the country by electing Trump.
2. watch the peaceful transfer of power and feel blessed to live in the greatest nation on earth
3. fight with everything in me against progressive ideology and work diligently for another peaceful transfer of power in 4 years.

one thing i wont let slide at all is your sides dirty lies that we are hate filled bigoted idiots. your side is the problem and that wont change if you manage to convince enough Americans to oust Trump.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:39 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
the real question is how many cities will the left burn to the ground when Trump wins?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies