Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 12:08 PM

952 posts, read 324,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'm not talking just beat......

Let's say that he is basically destroyed....5+ million or more in the popular vote, a landslide in the EC and bad news in lots of the down ballot races (Congress, States, etc.)....

What would be your thoughts? Full speed ahead with the same basic strategy?

Or would some of you accept that Trump was an "accident" and not good for the GOP and/or USA in a general sense?

I'm just wondering...and it's a big IF.

We saw how the Tea Party instantly disappeared and GOP stopped being fiscally responsible at all...due to the Trump election.

So will any particular issues like that change into the opposite direction? Or, will Trumpism continue in the form of no free trade, no care about fiscal matters (except for tax cuts), etc.????

It's interesting to game out....maybe companies like Fox are starting to think the same way? What are they going to do is he is destroyed fair and square?

It will be interesting to see...and it does have some chance of happening (so does every other scenario)....as his disapproval spread is continuing and is at 12 points (aggregate) now.

I'm all in with democrat frontrunning superhero Joe Biden , and he will win .
But since 3030 is still a ways off I am going to take a wait and see position .

BIDEN 3030 !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 12:11 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
claim Russian interference!

note that the headline in the NYT's claiming Trump lost by a landslide was printed a week before the rigged election.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:13 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'm not talking just beat......

Let's say that he is basically destroyed....5+ million or more in the popular vote, a landslide in the EC and bad news in lots of the down ballot races (Congress, States, etc.)....

What would be your thoughts? Full speed ahead with the same basic strategy?

Or would some of you accept that Trump was an "accident" and not good for the GOP and/or USA in a general sense?

I'm just wondering...and it's a big IF.

We saw how the Tea Party instantly disappeared and GOP stopped being fiscally responsible at all...due to the Trump election.

So will any particular issues like that change into the opposite direction? Or, will Trumpism continue in the form of no free trade, no care about fiscal matters (except for tax cuts), etc.????

It's interesting to game out....maybe companies like Fox are starting to think the same way? What are they going to do is he is destroyed fair and square?

It will be interesting to see...and it does have some chance of happening (so does every other scenario)....as his disapproval spread is continuing and is at 12 points (aggregate) now.
So, what happens if we continue not stopping illegal immigration, continue growing government more and continue raising taxes?

Not too much difference than now, so I guess I won't be crushed, just disappointed at how naive so many people can be.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:18 PM

732 posts, read 391,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, what happens if we continue not stopping illegal immigration, continue growing government more and continue raising taxes?

Not too much difference than now, so I guess I won't be crushed, just disappointed at how naive so many people can be.
At some point, you just look after your own interests and don't worry about the rest. It's hard to be concerned about your neighbors if they are fixated on driving off the cliff. When Rome gets sacked, you don't have to be in the city.

Check out the Kingdom of Soissons sometime, sometimes cultures can take a lot of killing.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:22 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
And this people is a text book case of projecting...

I was no fan of Obama's but I didn't accuse anyone of cheating . I didn't threaten to leave the country just because. News flash I can oppose a president's ideology and policies without crying no fair. The dems have done this at least a couple of times.
Your entire side runs on cheating.. Trump thinks millions of votes went for Hillary just recently on twitter and claimed they should have gone for him.. All while he won the election.. And he's posting about this in 2019 when the election was in 2016!

Your side always talks about how dead people are voting for D's also and how illegals are voting for them.. the hypocrisy is too much

Old 08-21-2019, 12:26 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Trumpers? What's that? Can you not speak like a 12 year old little girl, OP?

Well, Trump supporters certainly wouldn't act like the MEDIA, Democrats (same thing), Social Media, Google, Facebook, etc have.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:28 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
The one thing we won't do is howl at the moon like Hillary supporters did.
She did win by around 3 million votes but the electoral college decided to put him in the white house. Imagine if the white house ended up putting a democrat in the white house even if they lost to a republican.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:33 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
Your entire side runs on cheating.. Trump thinks millions of votes went for Hillary just recently on twitter and claimed they should have gone for him.. All while he won the election.. And he's posting about this in 2019 when the election was in 2016!

Your side always talks about how dead people are voting for D's also and how illegals are voting for them.. the hypocrisy is too much
That's racist.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:35 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Funny how people actually think it makes a difference who is (s)elected as President.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:37 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,754,520 times
I'm guessing most people won't care. I can't speak for Trump supporters, but I'm not batpoop insane like liberals. I won't begin marching and pouting like a 6 year old. It doesn't matter who is in office and the house and Senate will flip in a couple of years just like when Barry da bomber was elected. And honestly, it won't happen. The Democrats are so insane, that even their supporters aren't taking them seriously anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies