Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 06:20 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times

Advertisements

We are overdue for a massive market correction if not a recession. The markets went up too fast when Trump was elected. It was based on hype and not fundamentals.

Now Trump is busy trying to keep it afloat before the 2020 election, so this up-downs is based on a lot of stimulants being pumped into the market. Trump knows if it crashes right before 2020, he will almost certainly lose even though that crash wouldn't be his fault, just a normal market correction.

Also, trade wars, cause the markets to go and up with every piece of good/bad news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 06:21 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
How can anyone be happy with this market ????? IT IS WACKY and I BLAME TRUMP. No way can we blame Obama .....

Thoughts and opinions. How can Trump boosters boast of it? This from someone feeling duped the last minute to vote for Trump.

You would blame Trump for the weather.................... and probably do.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:50 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
How can anyone be happy with this market ????? IT IS WACKY and I BLAME TRUMP. No way can we blame Obama .....

Thoughts and opinions. How can Trump boosters boast of it? This from someone feeling duped the last minute to vote for Trump.

market volatility has been around since the markets were created, this is nothing new. its just that the numbers are larger because the market value is higher. back in the 80s, the market would drop 800 points, and everyone was thinking that a depression was coming because the markets lost like 15% of their value overnight. today however 800 points is more like 3%.

when you have bigger numbers, you have bigger numbers swings, but the percentage remains similar.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:09 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
Quote:

Volatility = Risk
Risk = Opportunity to make money.

In other words, no pain, no gain.

The market is jittery by nature. If Trump weren't scaring the crap out of investors it would be something else.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:15 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:

Not sure what the complaint is here. The market has been going up for more than a decade!

Of course there is going to be profit taking and volatility.

Hedge yourself, go 50% into bonds (FBND has done very well recently) or buy an inverse ETF such as DOG if you want some downside protection.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:21 AM

181 posts, read 82,120 times
Quote:

its +/- 3%, man. No reason to panic.

Plus get out of your mind that the president "runs the economy". We live in a free market. Presidents can influence, but ultimately earnings move markets.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:16 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
My point is that the is not what Trump promised. Not that I may retire in a couple years. I've considered getting out. But need my Lawyers advice first. Just I'm not the play-with-stocks type. I hate you have to for life in retirement or make other lucrative investments.

Some people enjoy the gambling aspect. I do not.
Anyone who invest based upon political campaigning is as much of a fundamentalist as someone who invest based upon his interpretation of a book's end of times story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies