Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 06:08 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Universal background checks are supported by 90% of the nation, I don't think that will hurt his election chances.
No it is NOT. The polls are rigged, and often worded improperly. Many don't know that over 95% of firearm sales already go through background checks. Criminals don't buy guns a gun stores anyway so this is just a ploy to REGISTER law abiding gun owners for future CONFISCATION, but may won't connect the dots.

Quote:
We have registration in NY, CA and other states and guess what, it didn't lead to confiscation. That isn't one of the proposals anyway but nice try.
Not yet, but its coming. Listen to ALL the Democrat candidates you LOVE so much.

Quote:
We have the second amendment and a gun for every man, woman and child yet you are worried about confiscation, I guess you need to dream up some conspiracy to avoid any sensible legislation.
Again, listen to all your Democrat candidates who are calling for just that. BANS and MANDATORY BUY BACKS, which is CONFISCATION, just like Australia and other countries. Hillary wanted that too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 08:54 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
Trump is responsible for more gun control in 2.5 years than Obama in 8 years.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:37 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,582,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Trump is responsible for more gun control in 2.5 years than Obama in 8 years.
Obama was the greatest gun salesman of all time. Just the threat he posed combined with his statements, and the rush was on!

I couldn't buy ammunition or components easily for several years with him in office because it was all sold out.
Gun and ammo manufacturing was the one bright spot in obama's economy.

I'm glad President Trump is in office so I can once again enjoy the shooting sports. :-)

Old 08-22-2019, 12:51 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No it is NOT. The polls are rigged, and often worded improperly. Many don't know that over 95% of firearm sales already go through background checks. Criminals don't buy guns a gun stores anyway so this is just a ploy to REGISTER law abiding gun owners for future CONFISCATION, but may won't connect the dots.

Not yet, but its coming. Listen to ALL the Democrat candidates you LOVE so much.

Again, listen to all your Democrat candidates who are calling for just that. BANS and MANDATORY BUY BACKS, which is CONFISCATION, just like Australia and other countries. Hillary wanted that too!
Only hard core gun fetishists believe this.

Is my Drivers license with chip inlaid merely a means to find me at some point and turn me into soylent green later on?

What about my social security number?

We can't make public policy based on the paranoid rantings of overgrown children.

You need a license to drive a car and no one loses their friggin mind over it, it's not outrageous to ask for registration for guns.

Last edited by dman72; 08-22-2019 at 01:00 PM..

Old 08-22-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Obama was the greatest gun salesman of all time. Just the threat he posed combined with his statements, and the rush was on!

I couldn't buy ammunition or components easily for several years with him in office because it was all sold out.
Gun and ammo manufacturing was the one bright spot in obama's economy.

I'm glad President Trump is in office so I can once again enjoy the shooting sports. :-)
Good luck with your bump stock.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Only hard core gun fetishists believe this.

Is my Drivers license with chip inlaid merely a means to find me at some point and turn me into soylent green later on?

What about my social security number?

We can't make public policy based on the paranoid rantings over overgrown childen.

You need a license to drive a car and no one loses their friggin mind over it, it's not outrageous to ask for registration for guns.
I'm not a hardcore gun fetishist. I'm a hardcore liberty and property rights fetishist. And no one should need a government registration to purchase property through voluntary exchange.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:56 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
The left thinks Trump caves on an issue, and you turn around, and you find out he is playing the press, per usual.

Now, no expansion of background checks. And just like that, he has flipped the narrative to Democrats seizing firearms and Trump said today he is standing firm on the 2nd.

Notice how he killed the daily press briefing? Now the press gets to face Trump, they get no camera shots, they have to wait outside, and you never hear April Ryan getting a question in.

And the best part? Trump is giving more press conferences with questions then any other president. Just on his terms.

I guess some people think it is Presidential for a man to play games, huh ? Strange set of standards there.

Just what this country needs.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:01 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Haha, complicated answers are rarely more accurate than the most basic answer which is.

Trump has no idea what he’s doing. Just let him talk until someone actually takes an action, only then is it worth paying attention.

Trump likes to talk, doesn’t matter if it’s gibberish as long as he gets his camera time.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I'm not a hardcore gun fetishist. I'm a hardcore liberty and property rights fetishist. And no one should need a government registration to purchase property through voluntary exchange.
Yeah, unless it's designed specifically to kill me or my kids.

Too many guns, too many ways for bad people to get their hands on them. You being responsible for every firearm you own would stop a lot of the illegal sales.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Haha, complicated answers are rarely more accurate than the most basic answer which is.

Trump has no idea what he’s doing. Just let him talk until someone actually takes an action, only then is it worth paying attention.

Trump likes to talk, doesn’t matter if it’s gibberish as long as he gets his camera time.
You just can't comprehend his 3 dimensional chess game....

Only people who listen to Rush Limbaugh have the level of cognition capable of comprehending his genius.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies